Thread: Red Bone 8OT -34OT and 108OT set.

Red Bone 8OT -34OT and 108OT set.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Could someone please let me know when Schrade made a set of 3 knives, all with Red Bone handles?
    I would also like to know when they were sold by Schrade and the retail price they sold for back then.
    Now and then I have seen an 8OT come up for sale: However I have been unable to find one or the set.
    The set I believe, had an 8OT a 34OT and a 108OT - all with Red Bone Handles… Ken

G'day Ken , I have been after one of these sets myself for a while now but they always seem to go for top dollar.I have the 108OT in red bone and it is a well made and finished knife.Bidding ended on a set a coupla days ago on ebay that sold for $340 with the case( item # 220998864172 ) the sellers says mid '70s but i'm not so sure,the paperwork suggests that there were 2400 sets in total.I don't know what the original price was but i'm guessing it was around the $150 mark.I am also interested on the factual history of this set if anyone else can help.
    Mark

It is called the Collectors Set and was marketed in 1985.
    Always looking for larger Schrade Cutcos, cattle knives & lovely old bone.

I got this set a couple years ago from a seller in Florida. It has the 1 of 2400 sets made card.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBosun View Post
    G'day Ken , I have been after one of these sets myself for a while now but they always seem to go for top dollar.I have the 108OT in red bone and it is a well made and finished knife.Bidding ended on a set a coupla days ago on ebay that sold for $340 with the case( item # 220998864172 ) the sellers says mid '70s but i'm not so sure,the paperwork suggests that there were 2400 sets in total.I don't know what the original price was but i'm guessing it was around the $150 mark.I am also interested on the factual history of this set if anyone else can help.
    Mark
    I watched that auction this week and was interested to see there were 5 buyers that bid over $285, I also note they were sold to an Australian. We now know these knives were sold in 1985 and have a tang stamp Schrade N.Y. U.S.A.
    I believe they were a SFO for “Big C Sales”.
    It is very hard to find any Factual History on any Schrade knife, It's hard to get any information on some Schrade knives!
    I asked this same question on AAPN and the replies indicate that was a very high price and they can be found for much less.
    I ask “what is MUCH LESS” and would point out 5 buyers trying to buy that set on eBay this week, would indicate $300 would be the price we need to pay to own a set. Ken.

THAWK. Nice set, do you have a BUY PRICE in Mind ? If another set came up for sale. Ken
    Last edited by koldgold; 04-25-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: seen thawk's post after my post.

Here is the cover, which matches up with the name Calvin mentioned. It can come in other cases too I believe. The knives show a fair amount of tarnish. I got it in 2010.

I picked mine up in October 2009. Paid $78 for the set, but the 8OT that was in it was actually an unfinished Heritage. A few months later I found a serialized 8OT to go with them. The numbers on the 108 and 34 match, but the 8OT does not.

Chuck

Hi Chuck, nice buying even in 2009.
    Did the 8OT cost big dollars? I would think you would need to pay $80+ for one now-a-days... Ken
    Last edited by koldgold; 05-01-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Got the 8OT for $37.

Chuck

Hi, new to thread. I have 4 schrade redbone knives along with a schrade walden ny bone 8ot. The redbones consist of 2 8ot s a 34ot and a 108ot. These knives were pricey however they are my favorite examples of schrade excellence. I am having a difficult time getting information on the schrade walden ny bone 8ot. Any info such as amount produced or rarety of this knife would be appreciated. I think the walden version of bone 8ot is a beautiful knife to admire and look at. Thanks. Mike

Hi barlow253, I’m starting to get very interested in those Red Bone Schrades knives.
    Can you post some photos of your knives ?
    I have seen the NY Red Bone set and the Heritage Red Bone - now you tell me there is a Walden Red Bone.
    The 8OT Walden is getting hard to find - so the Red Bone 8OT Walden will be some thing to look out for.
    I would like to know their retail price at the time they were released and numbers sold etc… Ken

Quote Originally Posted by thawk View Post

Here is the cover, which matches up with the name Calvin mentioned. It can come in other cases too I believe.
    Mine is in the same case, but with a different sticker that only says "SCHRADE."

Quote Originally Posted by 253barlow View Post
    Hi, new to thread. I have 4 schrade redbone knives along with a schrade walden ny bone 8ot. The redbones consist of 2 8ot s a 34ot and a 108ot. These knives were pricey however they are my favorite examples of schrade excellence. I am having a difficult time getting information on the schrade walden ny bone 8ot. Any info such as amount produced or rarety of this knife would be appreciated. I think the walden version of bone 8ot is a beautiful knife to admire and look at. Thanks. Mike
    Mike - WELCOME!

The Schrade Walden Red Bone you have is probably one of the original Old Timers, made around 1960 to 1961. They sold for $5.00 and are very difficult to find, especially in excellent condition with the original wooden box. In this flyer, they show it with an oval shield, but they ended up using a bar shield instead. If you can, post a picture of your red bones please.

Thanks everyone for info. The schrade walden 8ot has a bar shield. I will be glad to post pics of all red bones and walden 8ot. The redbones consist of 2 8ots serial # 0368 and I am not sure but I believe # 0788, 34ot # 0362, 108# 0368 they are all pristine with boxes and paperwork. Thanks. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 253barlow View Post
    Thanks everyone for info. The schrade walden 8ot has a bar shield. I will be glad to post pics of all red bones and walden 8ot. The redbones consist of 2 8ots serial # 0368 and I am not sure but I believe # 0788, 34ot # 0362, 108# 0368 they are all pristine with boxes and paperwork. Thanks. Mike
    Here are some photo's of Mike's Schrade Walden Red Bone.

And some of his brown boxed Schrade Classic Red Bone Collectors Series.

Nice knives, Thank You for posting them... Ken

8OT Walden in bone. . . yep, I'm jealous. Welcome to the fold.

Chuck

Thanks everybody! Enjoy the forum

That is a nice set of Red Bone Schrade knives... Ken
    Last edited by koldgold; 05-26-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Thread Information