Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideas For....

ADVERTISEMENT
    I Like It Lol.

Thanks! It also used to be serrated so I turned it into a plain edge. To quote Family guy "It's seen some things man, and some stuff"
    -William

I completely agree with 13aphomet -

But I would add the higher quality Persistance into that specification too alongside the Tennacious - I just got my first ever Persistance and it is terrific as it is but if it were higher spec steel, with the wire pocket clip and in (almost) any other colour other than black G10 and I would genuinely buy several.

Quote Originally Posted by 13aphomet View Post
    U.S.A. made Tenacious with s30v
    - better torx screws (hehe)
    - wire pocket clip (not necessary, but love that clip)
    - Olive Drab g-10
    - Tiger stripe coating (just kidding..... maybe)

For around $100, I'd buy 2.. so would alot of other ppl.
    Ben

+1 for a compression lock military

I'll play...native 3.5 with s90v blade, matte carbon fiber handle and handle with same/similar form-factor as resident native. Thinking along the lines of what the caly 3.5 is to the caly 3, size-wise.

I'd love if they bring the barong back. Also an Endura model that locks at an angle like the Kabar TDI folder.

I'd love to see the Stretch offered in CPM-M4 also a Cricket in ZDP-189 and BRG FRN would be pretty nifty. As others have stated a Tenacious in a better blade steel would make a grand knife, however I wouldn't be totally opposed to it being imported to keep the price low as long as they keep quality up to snuff.

New Caly Jr. Made in the U.S.

- CTS-XHP
    - Wire clip
    - FRCP hand scales (powdered blue like Stretch II)

This model would satisfy many Spydie fans who want to have the Caly 3 back. Additionally, it opens up the platform to enjoy the latest American steels like S90V, 20CP, 3V, etc. Also, Golden could utilize the same bushing system used in the Native 5.

How about a Ti Frame Lock Tenacious with better blade steel and a low rider clip?
    And Blue G-10 on the non-lock side.

A Tenacious, Persistence, and Resilience flipper

^^^ Flipper Frame Locks!

A Sharpmaker base (base only) with 2 additional sets of angles. Without putting a lot of thought into it, I'd suggest a 12 deg and an 18 deg. That would give us 4 different angles to use with the two Sharpmaker bases. Newer steels with more toughness and edge-holding ability seem to be calling for a new sharpening paradigm to go along wth the tried-and-true 30 deg and 40 deg settings.

I've suggested this before and it hasn't gone anywhere, but I'd really rather see this than a new knife model. I'm not gonna stop using the Sharpmaker, so I'd like to see it become more versatile for the different steels and edge grinds that I currently have.
    Regards, Dale
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers 1879-1935
    ISEK #12

Quote Originally Posted by BladeChick777 View Post
    ^^^ Flipper Frame Locks!
    Totally agree, flipper frame lock with pretty much any blade design would be a winner IMO. The one thing that makes spydercos fun knives is the multiple ways to open and close them, controlled thumbhole, thumbhole flick, finger flick, spydie drop etc... add a flipper opening to it = hours of fun

Plus the flipper could act as a guard when closing the tenacious/persistence/resilience series. Less thumb guillotine incidents.

Lotta suggestions. thanx for the thoughts.

sal

I've got to check in with my backwards ideas about knives. I'd love to see some knives with steels such as O-1 @ rc 60-61, W2 @ 60-62, 52100 @ 62, Cruwear @ 62-63. Of these none except O-1 are being used in folding production knives ( GEC, 1 model only, no lock).

I'm sick of 1095 and D2. Any of these steels can out do 1095, and most can D2 in everything except corrosion resistance. All of them give much better, more stable edges than any of the typically seen stainless steels, including the new "super" steels. Sharpness is a relative thing when comparing steels like 52100, or W2 to the better stainless steels like Elmax or M390. They are in different categories. IMO, Cruwear can hold it's own wear resistance wise wqith Elmax and M390 when at rc 62-63, and the stainless's at rc 60, or whatever is possible on a production scale.

Still, I acknowledge I'm in the minority when it comes to non stainless steels. People seem to think the rust monster will eat their knives overnight, and there will be nothing left a year later. ( I have two knives from the 40's in my rotation both only with what markings were already on the blades when I got them, nothing more)

Sal, I still hope to see a cruwear folder somewhere, somehow. I'll keep my fingers crossed but won't be holding my breath.

Joe

How about a production version of the Kevin Wilkins Ghostdog Pup(or Ghostdog, but that thing is enormous!)?
    I really think the Wilkins-designed Leafstorm never got the attention it deserved
    http://wilkins-knives.com/ghostdog-pup

edit: Some new handle colors on the Junior would be awesome as well
    Last edited by Skywalker1; 07-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Fluted Ti PM2 - Elmax/M4

oh heavens..

First, i would like to see a Military with a Ti lock side and some random different g10 scales or even a grey g10 or anything. Maybe even Ctek material also use whatever blade steel, preferably either M390 or CTS-XHP

Also make a fixed blade version of this knive with a tiger striped blade and different handle materials.

Make a Bigger style Kukri kinda like the one made before With a 5 inch blade and s30v with foliage handles

MAKE MORE KNIVES WITH FOLIAGE GREEN HANDLES!!! BEST COLOR EVER MADE!!

Scorpius with different handle would be cool. My preference would be FRN, but most you would go for G10 which is also cool. And don't rule out the etched stainless either.

I'd like to see a Delica variant. FFG, compression lock and wire clip. Steel could stay VG10. Maybe a new sprint with G10 scales.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information