Thread: New hawk and wooden sheath x8 images

New hawk and wooden sheath x8 images

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just received my DCM hawk a few days ago and thought I would share some photos I took today while making a wooden sheath for it.
    http://bit.ly/IGc6TX I found him by random on the net. The hawk is custom made based on a drawing I sent him. Pretty cool huh!
    Prices are good and shipped in two weeks.

Scrounged up a piece of bamboo and split it in two and started to think about making a sheath. I made this from my head as I went along so no progress photos.
    I had no idea if it would come out ok Most work done with hawk this is an amazing carving tool.

While making it I figured it would be good for kindling if the need arose so I stuffed some vaselined cotton balls inside. The sheath, twine and cotton are all useful items when outdoors so it worked out pretty well. This is sort of a working prototype that can be improved on as I use it. I do like it so far though albeit a little bulky.

Thanks for looking and comments, criticism welcome

That's a lovely looking hawk CD. Looks like you've stumbled upon a grat maker.

I really like that axe mask too, clever bit of thinking. The addition of the PJCBs is great.

Enjoy using her.
    "Don't thee thou me thee thou thissen and see how tha likes thee thouing"

Very cool.

Nice looking hawk. I'm always impressed at the endless uses of bamboo. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffuk View Post
    That's a lovely looking hawk CD. Looks like you've stumbled upon a grat maker.

I really like that axe mask too, clever bit of thinking. The addition of the PJCBs is great.

Enjoy using her.
    Thanks the mask is working out pretty good once I figured out how to tie it.

Quote Originally Posted by leebrewer View Post
    Very cool.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwaj View Post
    Nice looking hawk. I'm always impressed at the endless uses of bamboo. Great idea.
    Thanks bamboo is easy to work with as well.

Thread Information