Thread: (PRICE DROP) 8in paddle and new 11in bench top strop in Bubinga

(PRICE DROP) 8in paddle and new 11in bench top strop in Bubinga

ADVERTISEMENT
    STILL AVAILABLE Good afternoon everyone! First for sale is a paddle strop in Bubinga (sealed in Tung oil). It has premium grade veg-tanned leather but as with any natural product there are "flaws" in it. I also have a bench top strop in Bubinga. It has 10oz skirting leather from Wickett&Craig which is perfect for maintaining those convex edges.

Dimensions on paddle strop
    OAL: 11.5in
    Strop length: 8.25in
    Handle length: 3.25in
    Width: 3.0in
    Thickness: .25in

Dimensions on Benchtop strop
    OAL: 12in
    Strop length: 11in
    Width: 2.8in
    Thickness: .25in

I'm asking $30 for the paddle strop and $45 for the bench top strop plus shipping. Paypal preferred but a M.O. would work as well. The price includes a charging of any stropping compound I have in my inventory and they are:

Monocrystalline Diamond spray in .25 or .5micron and 1 or 3micron in paste form
    Polycrystalline Diamond spray in .1micron
    CBN spray in .25 and .5micron
    Boron Carbide in 1micron
    Chromium Oxide in .5micron

If you have any questions feel free to comment/email/PM. Thank you!

Last edited by capid1; 05-29-2012 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Price Drop

That is beautiful!

I have a strop from Capid1 sprayed with .25 and .125 diamond and it works like crazy! Excellent for putting that final polish on the edge or touching up a user when you don't want to stop and resharpen. A few swipes and back in business. Awesome for the leatherworking knives also.

I used to have a typical strop loaded with buffing compound and the diamond/cbn sprays totally smoke them...especially on the hi wear super steels.

I'll take it. Please let me know what compound you think would be best for maintenance/sharpening of a 1075 convex edged machete - I'm thinking something in the middle as "polished pretty" isn't really the objective and the steel isn't tough enough to need something really strong (in my opinion at least).

PM me for further details and discussion, and thank you!

Change of plans per PM's with CL
    Last edited by capid1; 05-01-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Per our correspondence we'll work out a deal for a double-sided strop. Thanks for your understanding!

Today I recieved one of capid1's strops. This is hand made goodness through and through! Beautiful mahogony wood and leather combo. Excellent service. I can highly recommend him for your strop needs!
    Cheers
    Balding
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

BH # 247 NRA Benefactor Member

Thank you for the kind words BaldingEagle! Price drop to get these sold!
    Contact me for all your strop needs. I work with exotic woods and use premium grade stropping materials. MirroredEdgeLLC@gmail.com or HTTP://www.facebook.com/mirrorededgellc

Shot you an email

Thread Information