Thread: PRICE DROP - Custom Darrel Ralph Prototype for Meyerco 18Xray

Blog Entries

PRICE DROP - Custom Darrel Ralph Prototype for Meyerco 18Xray

ADVERTISEMENT
    ***Better Pictures in the 2nd Post***

Darrel Ralph Switchblade Prototype - Was $700 Now $600 or best offer. If you like the knife but think my price is off please feel free to make an offer!
    - One of the original custom prototypes for the Meyerco 18 Xray
    - Great historical piece from a prolific and original craftsman of modern custom knives!

- I asked about the knife in the Darrel Ralph subforum: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...alph-prototype
    - Got a response from the man himself:
    Hi Guys,
    This is an AK1 Prototype 18-xray
    We made less that 10 each.
    I believe we made 2 in this color of inlay.
    Hand rubbed blades were part of the appeal.
    Enjoy

- Steel is either CPM154 or 154CM. Same steel with little different production method.
    --- Arizona Custom says CPM154 in a sale of a similar knife: http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/p...ex.php?id=6451
    --- A description on bladeforums when the knife came out says 154CM: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...lph-AK-1-Proto.
    - Anodized Aluminum handle with inlaid carbon fiber.
    - Uses a patented button release system called Speed Auto Safe (SAS). Open and safety all in one button. Press forward and down to open, same to close.
    - Great lockup, smooth and strong opening. Feels perfect in hand.
    - Excellent Unused condition. The only flaw I found is a small (1/4 inch) nick in the finish in one spot on the back end of the handle. I took pictures of the area. Hard to see the spot in the pictures and in person when examining the knife but it's there.

How bout some terms: Paypal or USPS Money Order. I cover all fees and shipping charges. Private Message (PM) is the best way to reach me. I would consider trades for automatics, bali's and other quality knives.

Last edited by robcelani; 05-01-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Price Drop

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

Blog Entries

Better Pictures!

I had a real hard time getting good pictures of the knife. Below are the pictures provided to me from the original owner. He did a much better job!

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

Blog Entries
    Traded!

Thread Information