Thread: Looking for a metal cup to nest a Nalgene bottle in

Looking for a metal cup to nest a Nalgene bottle in

ADVERTISEMENT
    Is anyone aware of a metal cup that I can boil water in that will nest a Nalgene bottle?

Snow Peak 700 (.7 Litre) Titanium. That is what I use and it fits perfectly with the wide mouth Nalgene bottles in a Maxpedition Bottle Holder.
    "A true friend sends you a knife big enough to kill bears....And enough good beer to give you the courage to do so!" - Mike Davis
    *** I have a BF Sub Forum: Enter my 2014 GAW CLICK HERE ***
    Visit us on FACEBOOK
    Ryan Weeks - Ryan W. Knives
    ABS Apprentice Smith

I use a GSI Glacier cup
    /Users/tnc4evr/Desktop/thumbnail.aspx.jpg

Stainless steel one, I think it is GSI. Much cheaper than the Ti ones...just not as cool.

I used to use a "tatonka handle mug" for that purpose, I think it had 500ml volume.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
    Snow Peak 700 (.7 Litre) Titanium. That is what I use and it fits perfectly with the wide mouth Nalgene bottles in a Maxpedition Bottle Holder.
    I use the same cup with a 40 oz. Klean kanteen! Couldn't be happier!
    Last edited by Bowman1911; 05-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.

GSI Glacier cup fits great and about $11 around here.

Olicamp Space Saver.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Off topic, but I also found that the Snow Peaks fit perfectly on two different sizes of Camelbak bottles.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

I have both the GSI and SnowPeak 700. They both work great with 1L Nalgene and Stainless Steel Guyot/Nalgene bottles which are my preference.

Thanks! Great suggestions.

Guyon - What size bottles are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    Off topic, but I also found that the Snow Peaks fit perfectly on two different sizes of Camelbak bottles.

Left (green) is a one liter in a SP 600 mug. Right (blue) is a 750 mL (3/4 liter) in a SP 450 mug. Both bottles, as you can see, are Camelbak "Better Bottle" models.

For me, the handles on the MSR are much more comfortable than the GSI ones. 2 Wolves used to have them, but they are getting hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanW View Post

+1 aaaaand it will fit the large stainless 40 oz Kleen Kanteen bottle. I have the Ti 700 ml cup and it works great. put it into a pouch with the lid on the bottom, the cup, then the water bottle and you will forget they are there till you need them.

The gsi minimalist nests very well on a nalgene.

I use two GSI Glacier cups. I nest one on top and the other on the bottom of the nalgene bottle.

Thread Information