Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Custom Shop HOFSH???

Smile Thinking about a Custom Shop HOFSH???

ADVERTISEMENT
    I am thinking of having the Custom Shop make me a HOFSH Satin blade but i can't decide what i want in a handle. Feel free to add pics or just opinions on what you would choose in a handle or if you prefer another style FSH and why. Any help with this would be greatly, appreciated! Thanks!!!
    Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

Hand-Shaped Tigerhide!!! Can you order me one too?

I would brother but the only reason i am getting one is that i have a Large Store Credit and it is burning a whole in my pocket! I would love to see some pics of one with tigerhide.... Hopefully someone will help me out.
    Jack Burton: Well, ya see, I'm not saying that I've been everywhere and I've done everything, but I do know it's a pretty amazing planet we live on here, and a man would have to be some kind of FOOL to think we're alone in THIS universe.

Can anyone explain what "Competition Finish" is and does anyone have any pics of it? Thanks!

My favorite has always been black and tan g10. If I was getting something from the customer shop, I'd go for personalized blade shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    My favorite has always been black and tan g10. If I was getting something from the customer shop, I'd go for personalized blade shape.
    What do mean by personalized blade shape? I am new to the Custom Shop options and features.

You do know you can order a complete custom knife to your specifications, design and liking? I mean it will take bit to make, it will cost some, but it will be exactly what you want. Or you can request a particular grind or slight alteration to existing blade. Your wallet is gonna hate me for this info.

Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    You do know you can order a complete custom knife to your specifications, design and liking? I mean it will take bit to make, it will cost some, but it will be exactly what you want. Or you can request a particular grind or slight alteration to existing blade. Your wallet is gonna hate me for this info.
    I asked them if it would be possible to get it NMHOFSH Satin with flat grind. Waiting for a response now. I would like to see some custom FSH's with custom blade designs and features. i haven't found a lot online. Thanks for the info. I am hoping to pay for all this will a large store credit i have and not spend any out of my pocket.

First Bump

Heres mine from the AK show, it's 0.27" thick, as far as custom it's slightly recurved, hand shaped handles with solid fasteners and has a sharpened swage.

Pictured with 0.27" NMFBM

Quote Originally Posted by infocus2006 View Post
    Can anyone explain what "Competition Finish" is and does anyone have any pics of it? Thanks!
    Don't have a good pic of mine, but searching for 'comp' or 'SARsquatch' should bring up some pics in the forum. It tends to have dimples in the steel of the flats where it hasn't been surface ground to smooth, bevels and edges look satin because they are ground down past the dimples that I think are formed in heat treat.

The comp SARsquatch is one of my favorites, new it looked old and no nonsense, it's more of a patina or antique look, some have problems with rust with theirs.

they aren't doing it that way anymore. Look at Knifehunter's BWM pic on the exchange. It is doublecut with dimples. very nice

Forgive my ignorance but does Busse do custom work? I wouldn't mind having an original Team Gemini made if that were possible? How much would a Custom Shop TG cost?

Hand shaped tigerhide would be awesome. My FSH has hand shaped black canvas micarta and I really like it a lot; Some pics;

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

The first two pics are actual HOFSH with very thick blades .30-.320

these are Heavy Heart versions with the saber grind .27-.28

and these are basic .25 thick ones

The neat one in the middle I think is called a Fusion Fury?? got it two knob creeks ago, it is sweet, and very thick

I personally prefer the saber grind of the HHFSH over the full flat grind of the HOFSH. If it was my choice I'd ask if the custom shop could make ironwood or snakewood scales. I love those materials, but you don't find them often on busses. If the custom shop refuses, I'd go for tigerhide micarta. A sharpened top swedge like the one in upsidedownviking's pic comes in handy for heavy duty activities when you want to preserve the main edge (chopping through bones, striking fire rods, ...)

fbusmc,
    That is a sweet collection, thanks for the pics. Jungle Sandstorm: seventh one up and Desert Sandstorm: forth one up,
    look great on mags.

Quote Originally Posted by fbusmc View Post
    The first two pics are actual HOFSH with very thick blades .30-.320

these are Heavy Heart versions with the saber grind .27-.28

and these are basic .25 thick ones

The neat one in the middle I think is called a Fusion Fury?? got it two knob creeks ago, it is sweet, and very thick
    What is the handle on the Fusion Fury? I like it a lot! And the handle on the fsh below the red black black blade?

Awesome knives folks! Does anyone have a favorite of the FSH? HOFSH, HHFSH, etc.... and what makes it better IYO? Is the thicker .30's better than the .27's? Also, i would like to see this tiger hide i keep hearing about. I appreciate all who have replied! I just want to pick the perfect knife!

If you can get them to make you the shape they offered years ago on the HOFSHLE that would be the way to go IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information