Thread: Am I a fan boy?

Am I a fan boy?

ADVERTISEMENT
    As it happens, I was in the garage tinkering around, cutting, chopping and pounding with my new Elmax ZT 0560 folder. After, digging and prying into some hard wood, I checked the blade to find that the edge and tip had exploded---literally, fractured out.

I was a little shocked that this knife with decent performance and price point would, in my experience, fall apart without even a real savage usage.

So after ruining that knife, I decided to keep the ball rolling by grabbing a S30V ZT0350. Poundind and prying in the same nail-ridden hole with about (not scientific guys) the same force and duration, I found the tip and edge intact, with only the slightest, perceptible indentation on the edge.

I then tried the same routine with my kitchen, INFI Culti. I pounded and chopped, with the intention of especially hitting the head of the nail. I did this repeatedly. 3 times. The Culti was completely unmarred. Nothing at all. I went back and really wailed on the knife in the hardwood and the thing really didn't flinch.

I guess I'm tripping on the kool-aid.

Kinda cool when you see it first hand , isn't it ?

......... Oooo}::::::::> ...........

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS !
    Last edited by Mike-The-Knife; 05-05-2012 at 10:45 AM.

We need the pics

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm here because I use my knives. To date, I've not found anything at Busse's price point (or higher) that will out perform his heat treatment on a variety of steel's. Infi and SR101 are fantastic.

I'm a fan of what works. Busse's work great.

Caution should be taken in reading posts as author is NOT young enough to know everything. Thanks.

This is why my other knives (ex) by other manufacturers have found another home. My collection is just about exclusively INFI, except for my folders.

I want to see a pic of the exploded ZT! You should lay it down and stand the Culti up next to it like he just got finished whooping on it...

Like gatorzingo I have also sold off all my fixed blade knives from other companies and now have only Busse INFI knives except for my Scrap Yard Dogfather . Due to the price of Busse knives I may have fewer knives now , but I can trust any of my knives not to fail me even when used hard .

......... Oooo}=====> .........
    HOLD MY EER AND WATCH THIS !

Since I purchased my first Busse/kin I have not, nor do I see myself buying from any other company.
    Other than folders, I have been slowly passing all my knives from other manufactures to my son.

Why did you think of everyone that collected Busse before you found out what INFI could do were? Did you think we were all crazy? =)

The two Bussekin that blow my mind are the FFBM and the Ratmanduex. I have others, but keep gravitating to those because they exceed every need I have in a knife.

I would like to see some pics of the ZT as well.I did not care for the Elmax steel but I didn't think it would do that badly.
    i8aporkchopu812 inducted Blade Show 2008
    Jeff Smith
    Skull lanyards for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...knife-lanyards

Monkey fists for sale
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...6#post13041766

Now you know
    What's Next?

Thread Information