Thread: Pikal Lagriffe came yesterday..

Pikal Lagriffe came yesterday..

ADVERTISEMENT
    Very impressed with this knive thus far. Great ergos. Finish is excellent, and of course it's hair-lopping sharp.

I have it mounted inverted on a Tek-Lok just left of centerline, VERY fast to present as it allows you to draw from a locked wrist, so there's little grip change from inital grip-clear kydex-deliver strike.

Though very secure and quick, the tek-lok is a bit obtrusive if trying to conceal. Looking into other potential carry methods.

Overall, amazing knife. I think I found my weak-side blade for the rest of my existence.

Brian,

The G-clip might suit you better if you find the tecklok to be too bulky. Also, keep in mind that you can also use a gorilla grip for the initial draw to speed things up. You can always thread the index finger into the hole after the fact for a more secure grip.

G clip FTW.

Congrats, one of my favorite EDCs and regularly on me, especially in gym/working out clothes.

I originally had a tek-lok/g-clip on my pikal lagriffe, but I ditched those for a simple piece of paracord. I generally secure the paracord around my belt loop and carry it IWB.

Congrats Brian Ban's Pikal LaGriffes are indeed very nice.

I need to try a G-clip. Anyone have an extra I can borrow to try out?

Otherwise, I'm thinking about going the paracord route for reducing printing. I just like that I can remove the knife easily with a teklok or G-clip...with paracord looping I'd have to undo my belt for unmounting. Huy, how do you carry it IWB?

I'll post a picture later, but essentially I wear in the waist at my 1 o'clock with it canted for right hand access. The curve in the handle rests ontop the waist band, keeping it from sliding up/down too much. I ran a couple miles with it yesterday and had to maybe reposition it slightly once or twice, but for the most part it stays where I put it. I have the titanium version so I can't even tell it's there.

Ah, ok, I think I can see it. So if you're wearing a pants with belt loops, the tether retains the sheath as you draw the knife. If you're wearing just gym shorts, you use your thumb or something in the draw?

Too much risk slicing your thumb trying to slide off the kydex since the edge is on top, plus there isn't extra kydex where your thumb could push off of anyway. You could practice and use your middle finger to push the kydex off, but it's much faster drawing with two hands. Even with gym shorts, I still secure the paracord to the inner waist band loop/lace and can draw with one hand if I needed to, but two hands is still faster.

Ban could easily make a custom sheath with extra kydex to push off with your thumbs or other fingers, but defeats the super compact and low profile design in my opinion.

Ahhh, duh, we're talking Pikal La Griffe. I was picturing it with my own Emerson La Griffe .

Let me clarify, I don't want one where you can push off with your thumb; not only does it defeat the low-profile goal, but it doesn't follow the draw-with-a-strong-locked-wrist idea. I was just confused as to how you were removing it from the sheath with it just resting IWB. But now I get it, you have it tethered to waistband tie.

I'm going to go home and play around with mounting my Emerson La Griffe.

haha, i figured something like that was going on in your head.

my method probably isn't the best for everyone, but it works for me and i'll keep carrying it that way until something better comes along. if daniel-san were here, I know he'd come up with a much better idea.

Follow daniel-san's idea and you may end up with a messed up draw and wardrobe malfunction However, I must admit that he does have pretty decent ideas every once in a blue moon.

There must be a whole bunch of blue moons around there.

Too late.

Thread Information