Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonny's Contest/Giveaway Idea Contest...and Giveaway! Winner announced!!

Jonny's Contest/Giveaway Idea Contest...and Giveaway! Winner announced!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Random.org picked #10 Twinstick Wins!!

That's right folks! It's time for my first giveaway.

I really appreciate all of the knowledge, generosity, and general snarkiness that is found here on the BK&T sub forum.

I've been lucky enough to win a couple of giveaways lately and to show my appreciation, I'd like to give a little something back.

The winner of the contest will recieve a Ka-bar 1256 short fighting utility with sheath and a Buck 373H Tri-fold.

Contest Rules(please read thoroughly):

*Post an idea for a Contest/Giveaway. Give detailed info as you see fit.
    - Keep in mind that it must be a Contest/Giveawy that can actually be used by members of the forum. Original ideas are a plus.
    - Only one entry post per member, so make it a good one.
    *In your entry - Post a pic of your favorite Becker knife and tell us why it's your favorite.
    *In your entry - Type a quote from your favorite movie
    *To be eligable for the win you must be on my friends list before the contest ends.
    - No chatting unless it is on topic of the contest.

*So...
    1). Contest/Giveaway idea
    2). Becker pic
    3). Favorite movie quote
    4). Friend of Jonny1280

*If you don't follow the contest rules you will be disqualified and ridiculed by all.
    *I reserve the right to edit the rules/restrictions as I see fit.(Don't think I'll have to though.)

Here are the restrictions:

*Must be 18 years of age or older (if I ask for proof, you shall and will provide it)
    *Must live in the continental United States.
    *Must own a Becker, but NOT limited to Beckerheads.
    *Must be a contributing member of the forums, particularly this one.
    *Must abide by all local, state, and Federal knife laws.
    *Submit entries no later than May 19th 2012, 11:59 pm PST.
    *Winner will be drawn randomly, (unless an entry really stands out above the rest), and announced on May 20th.

MISCELLANEOUS fine print: Winner agrees to abide by all local, state, and federal laws regarding knife ownership. I will not be held responsible for any injury or death caused by inappropriate use of the knife. Knives are not toys and should not be treated as such. These knives are sharp and can cause injury if mishandled.

Contest Prizes:

Kabar 1256 with a forced vinegar patina

Buck 373H Tri-fold

Good luck to all that enter.
    Thanks for keeping this place awesome!
    Last edited by Jonny1280; 05-20-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Don't find fault, find a remedy.

I live in Canada, but have a shipping address in the US, can I play?

Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze240 View Post
    Point Roberts?

Sumas, but once I get my Nexus pass I'll get one closer, like Point Roberts. Just would rather spend the 45 minutes driving down to the Sumas crossing than waiting in line for the others lol.

1)
    I think a great idea for a contest would be some sort of Becker Scavenger Hunt....you create a list of things, and we have to take pictures of said items with our beckers included in the shot...For example, if you put Drunk Hobo on the list, our job is to find a drunk hobo, hand him our bk9 and take a picture of him....although drunk hobos with knives, may not be safe....
    2)
    My favorite Becker right now is the BK4...it does everything that I could want in a camp/outdoor knife....from chopping and hacking to small knife cuts, to the draw blade ability, it just does it all...it has recently taken over for my bk2 as my main camp knife...I'm on my phone right now and the only pic I have with me is a group shot...its on the right in the picture....I can replace the pic with "just" a pic of the 4 if I need too...

3)
    You may think my idea sucks but....

4)
    As of yesterday, I believe that we are friends....if not, you have mail!

thanks for the chance bud, I look forward to seeing the ideas flowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Haze240 View Post
    Yes. Of course Haze!

1. Chopping contest. Everyone who participates must have a log of roughly the same size. Algorithm for measuring victory will be calculated somehow using the length of the blade, the time until completion, and overall number of chops. So you'd get a (huge) bonus for batoning a log to smithereens with a BK13, but you'd have an easier time with a 4 or 9.
    2. The 16 is my favorite right now. Comfortable, nimble, generally useful for a wide variety of tasks, and just so dang good looking.

3. I enjoyed The Avengers pretty thoroughly. Favorite quote that I remember from it right now:
    Captain America: Stark, We need a plan of attack!
    Tony Stark: I have a plan: Attack!
    4. I do believe I'm on your friends list already.
    5. Thanks for the opportunity!
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

OK here's my idea for a contest.

You take all the Beckerheads, divide them up among geographic regions...we'll call em Districts. Now each district has to nominate two volunteers...we'll call em tributes. Now we put all the tributes together in a giant open-world arena in the woods, have them start off standing around a giant pile of various Becker knives, and then have them scramble for weapons and fight to the death. Now this would be a battle that would obviously last for days, maybe weeks, so they would inevitably need to have great survival skills, knowledge of traps, camouflage techniques and such. Occasionally other Beckerheads and friends of the forum could do giveaways to help their favorite Tributes. These would be dropped from UPS planes using small brown parachutes to the awaiting combatants below. The final Tribute left standing is the winner of the contest, or Becker Games. They win a BK11 and a paracord bracelet! YEAH!!!

That idea MIGHT have already been used previously, but I still think it would be neato...

Here's one of the first pics of my first Beckers.

As for the quote...

And Johny, we've been buds since kindergarten yo!

Reserved

1)- Contest: who has the sharpest Becker, & a set of micarta to fit anyones favorite large Becker blade for the prize.
    2)-
    My favorite Becker is my BK10LE. It is the reason I became a Becker Head.
    3)-"I don't want to be a product of my environment---I want my environment to be a product of me. " The Departed
    http://youtu.be/V2UWiseSF6Y
    4)-Yup, friends.
    Last edited by TwinStick; 05-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.

1) Contest Idea: Ask everyone to come up with an idea for a contest... Oh wait has that been done?
    1b) Contest Idea 2: Since morale is a part of survival, and everybody likes something to play with, the contest could be to make a toy, or something that could be used to play a game, out of things that are found in the wilderness. Only natural materials, and paracord (since I'm sure everybody here probably carries it regularly) can be used. Make some thing that will keep yourself and/or your family entertained while out in the woods.

2) Becker Photo:

I've posted it before but it's my favorite photo of my Beckers.

3) Movie Quote: "What man is a man who does not make the world better?" - Balian of Ibelin (Orlando Bloom) in the movie Kingdom of Heaven

4) Friend of Jonny1280: Yes
    Last edited by rokclmb; 05-15-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling

Can I participate and have the prize, should I win, shipped to my older brother in Connecticut?

Quote Originally Posted by King Leonidas
    Molon Labe.

Weekend Bump.

All entries look good.
    Well...Hazes entry is a little "Hazey", but...as Mills Lane would say, "I'll allow it!"

1 Idea have a contest of the funniest pet pic.

3 We Were Soldiers SGM Plumley a real life hero.
    Sergeant Savage: Good morning, Sergeant Major!
    Sergeant Major Plumley: How do you know what kind of god-damn day it is?

Sergeant Savage: Beautiful morning, Sergeant Major.
    Sergeant Major Plumley: What are you, a f*%kin' weatherman now?

Plumley: They sent new rifles, too. The M-16.
    Moore: That's supposed to be a pretty good weapon.
    Plumley: Aaah — lot of plastic. Feels like a BB-gun to me. Believe I'll stick with my pistol.

Moore: Round trip by chopper's thirty minutes. That means the first sixty men on the ground wil be there a half hour alone. Son of a bitch. Think maybe you oghtta get yourself that M-16.
    Plumley: Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lying on the ground.
    Temporarily not taking orders, due to wait times, Thanks

Junkyard Dog #175 www.kelleycustoms.com

The least expensive and best looking, way to mod your BK2. I'm taking blade and handle. Pictures of the process and receipts to prove it. This would help some of our younger BeckerHeads that don't have alot of money to spend on mods.

I love all my Beckers, but my 14 is my favorite. It fits in my front pocket and it works perfect for my daily needs.
    I'm your Huckleberry!

1- Contest Idea : I see a lot of great food posts so maybe have a cooking/recipe contest but..the contestants can only use ingrediants from a list of maybe 5 items with one meat. Best recipe/prep wins.

2- Becker Pic : My BK2 is my favorite because my wife doesnt like it so she doesnt touch it. She said its too manly and feels like its made to kill monsters. My thoughts exactly !

3- Favorite Movie Quote :

"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I LOVE the Corps!"

-Sergeant Apone (Al Matthews), Aliens (1986)

4- Thank you much for the friend add, as well as the chance !
    Last edited by emperorvince; 05-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.

contest: mod off. have each participating person obtain a bk13. you then have a week to do any ONE thing to it. then have them send the 13's to you and test them. the winner recieves a bk11/14 and if the participants allow all of the recieved thirteens or if not you send them back to their rightful owners.

movie quote
    “Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.” That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”

sorry the quotes so long but i just cant help but feel like a badass when i hear it

1) Contest Idea: I thought of doing this myself, then it made me remember this thread. "Beckers in Weird Places" pic contest. Self Explanatory. Post a picture of a Becker in a VERY unnatural environment. Funny picture contests are the best!
    2) Favorite Becker: BK9. My third Becker owned, but my most used, most carried one. Does everything it is meant to do and then some. It's a work of art.

BK9 with friends:

3) Favorite (recent) Movie Quote: (Between Thor and Natasha Romanov in "The Avengers")

Thor: "Have a care how you speak! Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."
    Natasha Romanov: "He killed eighty people in two days."
    Thor: "He's adopted."

4) Yup, friends prior to this contest!
    Last edited by C_Tanner; 05-16-2012 at 06:54 PM.

That's a really good idea Tanner. I had actually thought of that and figured it would be alot of fun.
    But with so many contests going on lately, I figured this might give everyone some fresh ideas.
    Keep em coming!!

1) I would like to see a contest about improvised sharpening techniques. Everybody likes to use their knives, but not everyone always has a way to sharpen them. Use whatever is around you in a given situation to demonstrate unconventional ways to get the job done.
    2)Me likey da Machax

3)"Mongo only pawn in game of life." Blazing Saddles
    4) Yep
    -Cooper

Beckerhead #185
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #94, Terrio Handmade Knives, T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information