Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Traditional of the month: Peanut.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Thanks TX180SX, apparently I like to eat and fish.

Keeping the post alive
    Cooped up all day yesterday, so went fishing in the rain, excuse to smoke my pipe.

The fish had big appetites, all I caught were peanuts.

Something really peaceful about fishing in the rain.

awesome pics guys. i know ive posted this pics in a couple of threads already but i think it belongs here. my yella peanut took on a nice patina after making some salsa and guacamole for mothers day.

For reviews on Atwood's, knives, gear, lights and much more:

http://www.youtube.com/user/xtonesterx?feature=mhee

Stag damascus today, it needed to be carried.

Just getting all our rods ready to go, first big fishing weekend in a couple weeks

Great pics guys. I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been posting very much.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive
    -William

I have a peanut with me pretty much every day. Here is my black EDC and the blue one just showed up last week.

Xtonesterx I really like that yellow peanut, nice pair of nuts you got there Paradiggum.
    Well big surprise I went fishing today, this is my first fishing season with the nut and it seems all it attracts are tiny peanut size Bass, it's sad really, but at least I'm catching , the perch are bigger then the Largemouth which is a oxymoron.

This guy was hanging with me for a bit.

Called it when the coyotes started yipping
    Last edited by Stich2442; 05-16-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Doing some maintenance

Great pics stitch. Do you collect harmonicas?

Back OT, I'm still carrying the 'nut but it is in dire need of a re-profiling. The pen blade is fine but the clip is just terrible so I'll have to do something either today or tomorrow. I hate re-profiling knives
    -William

Hey Seelow, good to see you back, how's the toothpick? How does it compare to the peanut?
    On the harps, I play a number of musical instruments the harp being one of them, they are in different keys that's why you see so many. Through the years I have tried different models but they are all Hohners.
    Here is a better pic

Some are wood and some are plastic combs ( body ) I used the peanut to scrape out the crud.

Out of town, a few Guinness, time to play with some thing sharp.

I don't have a pic of mine yet but I've been keeping a new Yellow Handle CV Case Peanut in the pocket the last few weeks. Its a very different feeling for me. I'm used to knowing I have a blade on me from the feeling (I usually carry my ZT 0350). It has been fun using such a small knife to do my usual chores. Especially since it came extremely sharp from the factory. I have learned one thing these past few weeks though, and that is that the pen blade on the peanut is not meant for me. I have very long fingers and closing the pen I have knicked my self more times than I care to share now I'm no dumby when it comes to handling knives the small sharp blade just doesn't like me much I assume.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. Its all I have to work with.
    Last edited by shadow93; 05-19-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stich2442 View Post
    Hey Seelow, good to see you back, how's the toothpick? How does it compare to the peanut?
    On the harps, I play a number of musical instruments the harp being one of them, they are in different keys that's why you see so many. Through the years I have tried different models but they are all Hohners.
    Here is a better pic

Some are wood and some are plastic combs ( body ) I used the peanut to scrape out the crud.
    Those are very cool I like the one on the top. To tell you the truth, I haven't touched the toothpick for about a week but it already has a bit of patina from where a cut a bunch of fruit for juice before I put her up. I'm trying to stay on track with the 'nut and want as little distraction as possible I have yet to re-profile the clip blade though, I'm kind of avoiding it.
    -William

Good eye Seelow, that is a special harp called a Koch, it's a cross between a diatonic and a chromatic harp. It's pretty cool

Went to the local flea market today and picked up this Kabar 1019 peanut for $8 bucks, it's in near mint condition and the walk and talk perfect and no play. I looked online at a auction site, which claims its bone I believe it to be delrin? The auction site is selling for $95 +$8 s&h, I also found it on another site for $16. I think I got a pretty good deal anyway.

Next to my Case peanut

Wow! Stich, a great find. Congratz to that new/old fellow

I ordered a Chestnut Brown Bone CV Peanut just this morning (which is your guys fault) Will make a nice brother to my blue one. Unfortunatelly on that one the main blade is not centered. It´s that bad, that the clipblade always rubbs on the brass liners. So the blade is always dull at that point

Kind regards
    Andi

Nice find Stich

Great new pictures from all, every day.. Love this thread.

Andi, I have the clip blade rubbing on both my peanuts, each one on the opposite liner. No dulling though.
    Hope you get lucky with the new one

That's a bummer you guys have blade rub. My chesnut with CV is perfect both blades came dead center and razor sharp, scales were nice also, my med Stockmen 6318pu came with ruff grinds wire edge and punch got hung up on the sheepsfoot, but it worked itself out, and the blades went on the stone, but I still like it very much. I will say that Cases CV is really nice, holds a edge very, very well. Humppa I hope you get one as good as the one I received I've heard good things about all the chesnut models.
    Peanut made dinner tonight.

The two nuts playing together

Now I need a peanut.
    I really need to stop looking on the forums because it always comes up with something else I have to get.

Right now it's a regular soddie and a peanut.

Also, another vote for Trapper June!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information