Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Case knife that rides well in the pocket?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have been using these leather sheaths. I got them on ebay. They are open ended and have a pocket clip. Obviously the sheath should be clipped inside the pocket. They work great! The small fits my SAK Spartan snuggly and the large fits my Super Tinker perfectly. I tried my lg Stockman with the small sheath, and it seems to be a decent fit. Any case that is a little larger would fit great.
    Last edited by knarfeng; 05-12-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Here are some side by side slipjoints,I am a two knife person, the constant is the peanut it rides in the coin pocket of my jeans and reach for it more often then not. I rotate the other three depending on what I'm doing I have others but these are the most frequent carry. The case 6318pu is my newest acquisition and I am very surprised how nice it rides in my pocket, other then the peanut I will have to say it really disappears.

Hope you find this helpful

Small Texas Jack rides pretty well for me, as does the Sway back. I'm also really liking the Humpback stockman though it's a little bigger than the previous mentions. I picked one up as a gift but it had a cosmetic flaw in the ebony and wound up in my pocket (a tragedy, I know). Very nice EDC with a smooth, rounded frame that I find rides well, plus a nifty spear point in addition to the usual sheepsfoot & spey blades.

Well, a small penknife should also be good, Case offers one Yellow Delrin and CV...

Kind regards
    Andi

I think you're looking for a medium (3.5") knife.

1. Case Medium stockman.
    2. Case Congress
    3. Case Texas/Medium Jack.

Enjoy the search.

Mark

Mini copperhead is my recommendation. Try one. You can get a clip or wharnecliff main, your choice.

Ed J
    Last edited by TLARbb; 05-13-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Pictures. Must have pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by SubSpace View Post
    I recommend a Peanut, Mini-Copperhead if you like a wharnie, or even the medium stockman in red bone CV. That knife gives you three useful blades and isn't much more than a Peanut in the pocket.
    The Mini Copperhead also comes with a clip blade, so I've read.

To my eyes, the clip blade version doesn't quite muster up to "sexy," but certainly achieves "elegant."

I agree that a medium stockman has way useful blades and feels surprisingly good in-hand, but for me it slinks down sideways in my pocket too easily, and often informs me throughout the days I carry it that it's at the upper range of comfort for me. I don't regret having it with me, but wouldn't describe it as "riding well." I'm on the small side, however, so others' experience might be different.

The mini-copperheads, on the other hand, disappear (the right way).

~ P.

I love how my SBJ rides in my pocket. The mini copperhead is also great. Had one but my daughter liked it so much that I gave it to her. Peanut is nice and small too but I used mine a little too hard and developed a bunch of blade play.

Quote Originally Posted by protourist View Post
    Swayback Jack or Mini Copperhead. Both are great knives that are too sexy for words and disappear in your pocket until called upon.
    I agree. Mini Copperlock is nice. I like Cheetah Cubs, too.

From Case? Barring any Tony Bose Norfolk, SBJ 100% if you're picking one.

Mini Copperlock. Nice and thin, and a mean clip.

Dan, the mini copperhead:

is not the same as a mini copperlock. The mini copperlock is a good choice, but larger with only one blade.

Ed J

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information