Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: knifeworks805? No communication!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ryan and I have reached an Agreement that is satisfactory given the circumstances.

Thats good news wolf. It really sucks the way this whole thing unfolded. Hopefully this can put an end to this and everyone has been made whole at the end of the day.

No- he just posted more knives for sale so it's obvious the motivation- Total BS.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Im totally with you braillediver. Thats not right, I dont like that he will screw with people and pop in when he has sh*t to sell.
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by braillediver View Post
    No- he just posted more knives for sale so it's obvious the motivation- Total BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex_ View Post
    Im totally with you braillediver. Thats not right, I dont like that he will screw with people and pop in when he has sh*t to sell.
    +1, plus how the hell did he manage to get all these para2's done but had customers backlogs for 4+ months?

-sh00ter

I've been watching this unfold for a while now...it's shameful. I was browsing the "for sale" section and saw Knifeworks' postings and thought, wow, the nerve. Needless to say, i steered clear.
    Last edited by MasterPisaster; 06-22-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: typo
    Emersonaholic #2783
    Striderholic #2783
    Monkey Nation #166

I think a good point has been raised about not allowing continued sales when there are un-resolved past auctions.

Lets save the post so people Know the Quality of this guys work after waiting 7 weeks:

Quote Originally Posted by wolf5391 View Post
    I Got my 0300 scale back finally I am very disappointed. This is NOT what I asked for him to do. Not even close. Does this look like black with white skulls?

In stead I get this. Note there chips in the duracoat as well. Real shotty work. As if the wait wasn't bad now the quality of this work is terrible.

So the Beginning of April:
    I contacted knifeworks805 here on the forums for some custom duracoat work about a month and a half ago.

He (Ryan) replied to me and said instead of payment for the work he would be interested in trading one of my custom knives for his work. His communication was perfect for the week while I was making his knife and up until the time I sent the blade with the stuff I wanted work done on.
    And today June 22 you received that garbage?

While he posted at least 4 other knives and only responded here minutes prior to posting the other knives for sale.

I wonder what the mods think about revoking the ability to sell/trade while they have unresolved issues? RedDevil you mentioned to me there is possibility of an updating of the B/S/T section. What do you think?
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

i agree i think he should be banned from selling when this thread has made it clear he is a shady buisness man, how do you confuse vietnam tiger stripe with black and white skulls? if you look at his youtube vids he has a video on that exact same scale i wonder if he just sent you that one that he already had done. either way there should be a way we can leave feedback or ban him from selling because this is ridiculous he is posting knives for sale while my knife is 4 months late.

update: Albert said he has my knife so it looks like my ordeal is finally over with Ryan. thanks to wolf for starting this thread and getting all of us together without this i probably would not have gotten my knife back. i certainly hope that this permanently effects Ryans ability to sell knives and get orders. and thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread ill post when i get the knife back from Albert.

Here's the takeaway for Ryan as I see it.

~ People can be willing to put up with a fair amount of time and hassle when getting custom work done but you must communicate.

~ All of us deal with family life while trying to get other things done and because of that we can be sympathetic to situations that may occur. If they feel like they're getting jerked around though that sympathy will dry up really fast.

~ Doing other business online that everyone can see when you've got customers begging for a scrap of information that goes unsatisfied looks quite poor. Even saying "I've got no new progress for you right now." is better than radio silence as long it's the truth.

I hope it goes better for you in the future but the lumps taken here might take a while to smooth out.
    ~ Nate

Interested in old Camillus and related brands.

Man, this really turned out poorly. I'm not one to laugh at someones misfortunes Wolf, but when I read your post with the picture I couldn't see the picture, only the part about it supposed to be black with white skulls. I thought crap, he made it white with black skulls or something along those lines. But holy crap was I wrong...that's not even ballpark. I mean? How speechless were you? The only way it could be worse is if he sent you scales for a Benchmade Adamas with purple butterflies and it was made out of Jell-O. The other thing that blew my mind is how he conveniently dropped the custom you made him and now it's not worth reselling according to him. But really, my favorite part has to be that he offered to let you send it back to him! Unreal. I actually spit out my soda when I read that. Had to change my shirt. I'm not saying he owes me a shirt, don't want anyone to think that.

That sucks to be jerked around like this I'm sure. On the plus side, thanks to Wolf, and the others involved this guy is done doing business here. No way anyone could look at Wolf's post with his "finished" scale and even think this guy is real, especially out to make money. I'm glad you guys got your stuff back, but this was an epic fail that could have been made right with just a handful of phone calls and telling you guys it was going to take awhile to complete your orders instead of a 1 week turn around.

Well, maybe Wolf's situation couldn't have been made right with just those things. I would say maybe googling the difference between a skull and a stripe would be a good place to start.

You guys who got jacked around for 2 months would be doing a Public Service to Post Appropriate Feedback against this guy.

Don’t worry about retaliatory Negative Feedback because most of us can read and understand the circumstances. If he does report it to RevDevil.

Currently there’s Nothing new in his Feedback to highlight his re-occurring inability to deliver or respond in a timely manner.

He didn’t uphold his end of the bargain- he’s a self-serving B.S. artist and if he didn’t have more knives to sell it’s unlikely your issues would have been addressed. He never addressed your issues or contacted you until he wanted to sell more knives.

The 2 times he actually responded to your concerns he posted knives for sale minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by braillediver View Post
    You guys who got jacked around for 2 months would be doing a Public Service to Post Appropriate Feedback against this guy.

Don’t worry about retaliatory Negative Feedback because most of us can read and understand the circumstances. If he does report it to RevDevil.

Currently there’s Nothing new in his Feedback to highlight his re-occurring inability to deliver or respond in a timely manner.

He didn’t uphold his end of the bargain- he’s a self-serving B.S. artist and if he didn’t have more knives to sell it’s unlikely your issues would have been addressed. He never addressed your issues or contacted you until he wanted to sell more knives.

The 2 times he actually responded to your concerns he posted knives for sale minutes later.
    i personally did not deal with him through bladeforums i dealt with him though youtube so i do not a have a forum link to post for the feedback sheet or i certainly would leave him negative 1 feedback. i considered linking this thread but i would probably be banned for leaving false feedback or something.

Blog Entries
    You wouldn't be banned for that. Just to be clear on this and the larger topic at hand. Using iTrader requires a deal that has happened on the forums. This is why leaving feedback on transactions is so important. It gives people the ability to see who the good guys vs the bad guys are. If someone wants to post a threade in this forum about their individual experiences that is fine, as long as you follow the site rules there is no problem on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    You wouldn't be banned for that. Just to be clear on this and the larger topic at hand. Using iTrader requires a deal that has happened on the forums. This is why leaving feedback on transactions is so important. It gives people the ability to see who the good guys vs the bad guys are. If someone wants to post a threade in this forum about their individual experiences that is fine, as long as you follow the site rules there is no problem on my end.
    so its okay if i leave him negative feedback and link this thread in the feedback form, even though i dealt with him through youtube?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rapdog View Post
    so its okay if i leave him negative feedback and link this thread in the feedback form, even though i dealt with him through youtube?
    No, read my post again. If you want to start your own thread in this subforum you can.

post removed
    Last edited by rapdog; 07-09-2012 at 02:10 PM.

im still waiting to get my knife back from ryan hes a lier and a thief!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information