Thread: HTM balisongs - slight news bit

HTM balisongs - slight news bit

ADVERTISEMENT
    All I know is that the HTM butterfly knives are in the works. I have no eta or any other info. I thought some of you guys would like to know that they are at least being worked on and will be available at some point.

That is honestly, the best news I have heard all day!!!!!!!!

Awesome. I'll definitely keep track of this.

Blog Entries
    Im loving the direction HTM is going in.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
    http://www.youtube.com/CMFTWknives
    Support Your Local Outlaw Knifemaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Mike View Post
    Im loving the direction HTM is going in.
    Charlie Mike is right. HTM is a company of the people these days. Some really good stuff coming from HTM and DDR lately.

We (DDR/HTM) try. But we don't try to bring knives to market without careful consideration. Darrel believes his products should either be as good as what's out there right now or better. Of course that is subject to debate from person to person, but it's still a major driving force when he builds knives. This is why stuff like the Gunhammers evolve constantly.

Yes!!! I just got my htm madd maxx 5.5 today and am blown away at the quality. I cant wait to start flipping that sucker around.

Gemini, please?

I hope you guys will accept what I have to say as just a suggestion and not criticism. I am BEGGING you guys to do the following.

1. Make enough of them so that we all can get one. Every DDR bali known to man at a reasonable price sells out instantly.

2. PLEASE take into consideration how close the edge will be to the side of the handles when closed. I have been eying the patriot he makes for some time now but I just cant grab one knowing I may get cut just taking it out of my pocket.

3. Please make have it have either bushings or the maxx glide pivot as an option.

If it is not a Channel Bali that is 10" OAL or longer, then I will not even give it a look ..

Just saying .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBmore View Post
    If it is not a Channel Bali that is 10" OAL or longer, then I will not even give it a look ..

Just saying .
    Wow, Im just the opposite. Ive never really liked channel balis. Ive never had one that had tight enough tolerances for my liking. Sandwich allows for easier tuning. Now I may be interested in a channel balisong that didnt slap the side of the blade when closing. But alas even my last Dobruski wasnt immune to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PURPLEDC View Post
    Wow, Im just the opposite. Ive never really liked channel balis. Ive never had one that had tight enough tolerances for my liking. Sandwich allows for easier tuning. Now I may be interested in a channel balisong that didnt slap the side of the blade when closing. But alas even my last Dobruski wasnt immune to this issue.
    All Bali feens are different .. I tune my balis with plenty of play !! I don't really like super tight tolerances for freestyle .. but that's just me .

It just seems that with the sandwich design lately that is all peeps are worried about ,Tight tolerances .. My last three of four Balis I loosened up in the first five minutes, lock tightened , and have been good to go with LOTS OF PLAY!! they all tighten right up when you latch it !! and that's the only time I worrie about tolerances . .LOCK UP!!

And I'm just saying no worries about getting cut through the handle ..lol Thats just freaking Hilarius!! Getting cut with a close knife ( like we didn't have enough worries cutting the shit out of ourselves flipping . )

And I also enjoy using my Channel balis as a Hammer!! haven't tried that with my sandwich balis yet ..... Although MY Kimmys and the Beast could probably handle it .

There's actually a whole crew that flips DDR balis comprised of some very talented folks. They call themselves the DDR Disciples. I'm supposed to make a thread about that actually, but I have to get more details from Darrel.

Question... was there ever an HTM line of balisongs? Did this ever happen or is it ever going to happen? Just curious.

Blog Entries
    Does the American Patriot count?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the knives I cannot buy, the budget to buy ones I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Eh, I guess it does. Would have liked to see a more affordable ti version with bearings...

Blog Entries
    It's a great knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Mike View Post
    It's a great knife.

Except for the fact that you have to re-grind the blade so it doesn't cut you when closed...

Other than that, I have been interested in the APB...I'd have gotten one already to try/mod/play with, except the kits have been sold out for a while. Any idea when the kits will be back in stock?

Thread Information