Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pocket fixed blades.

ADVERTISEMENT
    It's very close to being as sharp as an out of the box Kershaw.

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    Blind Horse has some small traditional geared knives you might like to check out. Scott Gossman also makes the PSK Jr, and can work with you on blade steel and handle materials. Even though the scales would most likely be micarta, that's what he would recommend, it is still a goal oriented design, no mall ninja tactical goofiness there. He might even go desert ironwood!
    Last edited by silenthunterstudios; 06-22-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zombizon View Post
    I was carrying a Bark River Micro Tusk for few months. I live in California, so pocket carry of fixed blades isn't legal, as it is considered a concealed weapon. I was wearing it on my belt, but apparently even having a shirt hanging over it on the belt is considered concealed carry, so I have stopped carrying it, since I'm not really a shirt tucked in guy. It's a shame though, because it's an awesome little knife.

I have been eyeing the Bark River Pro Scalpel II. Bark River has a good selection of what would be considered pocket fixed blade knives and the Micro Tusk was another one I was looking at. Good looking knife.

Blog Entries
    John will make you a nice little fixed pocked blade - and these little guys (He calls them "Keeblers") will cut anything I have put the edge to - plus the gals think they are cute!

I have a couple - and I have given a couple away to friends. I think these are even smaller than the mighty legume.

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    "Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time" John Kiedaisch
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

My favorite small fixed blade is the Schrade "little finger", top knife in this photo. And when I carry it I generally slip knife and sheath in my pocket rather than put it on my belt. It's small enough to pocket, but big enough to work; I love that little fixed blade.

Ed J

Turns out I have a few of these- crkt Carson f4-02, AG Russell bird &trout, Explorer Li'l stag, and a couple of Moras, with a Buck 110 for scale.

http://db.tt/Tg8S2M9o

and I forgot my Gerber pixie-

http://db.tt/QroBvsl5

I have a love for little fixed blade knives, too. I have one pocket fixed blade that I have been carrying in my back pocket since late 2009. A Charles May FireAnT. It's my favorite BBQ knife. While everyone else at the party is sawing at their steaks with butter knives or serrated steak knives, I always like to pull it out and slice off a thin cut of meat. Always makes me smile.

I'm sorry I missed it I think. Who makes those Keeblers?

I'm pretty sure it's John Kiedaisch of JK knives.

Edited to add: That makes those Keeblers i mean.

JK- Black Bear Knives makes a nice kogatana that just drops right in the pocket. Use the Google. I'll try to post a pic of mine. Potterma just put on Red G10 handle scales!

Here is a cute li'l' pre-1962 Western of Boulder, Colorado 28 pattern bird, lettuce & trout, re-handled in red-dyed elk stag by Billy Schutte of Cheyenne, Wyoming. The sheath is cute, too, but I didn't dig it out of the pile.

Always looking for larger Schrade Cutcos, cattle knives & lovely old bone.

Schrade combo

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Burt Foster custom Talon, 6" overall, horizontal sheath. Also have a leather lined/covered kydex sheath as well.
    Last edited by JB in SC; 07-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Jerry ~

Quote Originally Posted by JB in SC View Post
    Burt Foster custom Talon, 6" overall, horizontal sheath. Also have a leather lined/covered kydex sheath as well.
    Man do I like that Talon! Nice Foster, Jerry.

Gary, here's the kydex sheath. It can be carried as a neck sheath, and vertical or horizontal belt sheath. It's lined and covered with leather. My Talon was a custom order, the standard ones are 7.5".
    Last edited by JB in SC; 09-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Jerry ~

Quote Originally Posted by JB in SC View Post
    Gary, here's the kydex sheath. It can be carried as a neck sheath, and vertical or horizontal belt sheath. It's lined and covered with leather. My Talon was a custom order, the standard ones are 7.5".
    Thanks Jerry. I do like Burt's stuff and yours looks to be a great EDC.

Here is one I made, that gets some pocket time. It is a square front knife with a sharpened front edge (inspired by a Razel).

I made the sheath to keep the top of the handle up out of the pocket (in compliance with state law).

Here is another one, that sits deeper for another of my "pocket" fixed blades.

same sheath from the front.

My Peewee, by Eliot. 01, dyed bone.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfatts View Post
    My Peewee, by Eliot. 01, dyed bone.
    That's a handy looking little knife. That smooth bone with the mosaic pins looks really nice.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information