Thread: Cqc-7V

Cqc-7V

ADVERTISEMENT
    Looking for my 1st Emerson, and I'm really digging the Cqc-7v because of the grind and also because I'm a sucker for tan anything. Problem is, there impossible to find! Can anyone point me towards somewhere that has any in stock?

I believe only Emerson Prestige dealers can carry the 7V, so you might look at the Emerson website for a listing of Prestige level dealers. FWIW, I bought mine from an outfit in Austin, Texas called Action Concepts... I don't believe they are paying member dealer so I can't give you a web link, but I'm sure if you Google them you will find their website easy enough.

YMMV,
    /jr.

I just ordered my first Emerson, a CQC7V. PM or Email me and I will give you the name of the place I ordered from. Can't post it to the thread itself...

I actually found one . Thanks though! I should have it Monday. The wait commences!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsurgentNarhwal View Post
    I actually found one . Thanks though! I should have it Monday. The wait commences!
    That might prove difficult in the states, Monday is Memorial Day and there is no mail.

I like the CQC-7V in tan and SF. On the Emerson Web site it looks to have a two-tone blade finish. Tumbled on the flats and more satin on the grinds. Is this how they all look?
    I ask because I believe I have seen pics where it has only a single satin finish on the entire blade.
    Please advise, and a pic would help a lot. If its 2-tone, I'll be hunting for one at Blade.
    Met the man, himself, last year and will be seeing him and the family again this year. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    I like the CQC-7V in tan and SF. On the Emerson Web site it looks to have a two-tone blade finish. Tumbled on the flats and more satin on the grinds. Is this how they all look?
    Don't know if they are all like this, but the one I received on Wednesday does.

^^ Thank you.

I'll keep an eye out for one at the show.

What they call stonewash is basically a two tone finish with the grind being satin.

I know a prestige dealer who has probably over 30 of these in stock. PM for info if you are interested

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replys.

Here are pics of one of mine. The one in these pics is in Afganistan with my son. I have a plain edge one in my pocket. All of them are finished like you said, stonewashed on the flats with polished grind lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information