Thread: Emerson Collector's Association

Emerson Collector's Association

ADVERTISEMENT
    Is anyone on here a member? Is it worth the $50 for the info and opportunities that you get? I know you get a 15% off coupon on a production knife which balances out the membership fee. I plan on buying several Emersons so I think it may be worth it. I especially want to get a 2012 knife to give to my first child that will be born this year when they are old enough. Hoping for a boy!

Thanks in advance!

Ernest will sometimes offer a ECA only knife and quite often ECA members get notified of new knives and get the first shot at them (lower serial numbers). It was certainly worth it to me!

But the murmur is people are disgruntles since it's been years since he released any ECA knife. Also members are no longer notified first of special runs such as green commanders this years, etc. Going down the list of membership benefits, you are really just getting the knife discount which itself is silly, since you are paying MSRP when ordering direct.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotStabbed View Post
    But the murmur is people are disgruntles since it's been years since he released any ECA knife. Also members are no longer notified first of special runs such as green commanders this years, etc. Going down the list of membership benefits, you are really just getting the knife discount which itself is silly, since you are paying MSRP when ordering direct.
    this is what I figured. The site is under developed and doesnt look like much is happening. I did a search on google and found nothing. I bought my 10 through Emerson just because nobody else had a plain black edge. I buy knives from multiple vendors but prefer KC since they are close and usually cheapest. I didn't know if the perks were worth the extra cash.

The other benefit is that you are eligible to participate in the online lotteries for custom Emersons like the one last December.

I am unfamiliar with a knife lottery. Do you have to buy a ticket, automatically enrolled and do you get the knife or just win a opportunity to buy it? How often do they do lotteries?

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminSS01 View Post
    I am unfamiliar with a knife lottery. Do you have to buy a ticket, automatically enrolled and do you get the knife or just win a opportunity to buy it? How often do they do lotteries?
    - Emerson knife lotteries are simply an opportunity to buy a custom blade. The custom knives are quite gorgeous and are sought after by collectors. There are a few knives that are only custom (CQC-6, CQC-5, etc.). Emerson has had an online lottery in December the last few years. There are also lotteries at various knife shows throughout the year, but you don't need to be a member to enter those. As for the online lottery, you have to enter at the time of the lottery. You're not automatically enrolled.

I get emails from ECA about upcoming models and have had my pick of some pretty special blades recently. EKI customer service is top notch, mention ECA and ask what they have sitting around. You'd be surprised. ECA isn't a handout spot for knife flippers or rude buyers, treat them right and you will get the same.

Thread Information