Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My VERY belated 500th Post Giveaway

My VERY belated 500th Post Giveaway

ADVERTISEMENT
    I'm actually closing in on 650 posts but that sound to weird for a give-away and I didn't want to wait for 1000 cuz I already felt bad about not having done a give away yet at all. I am out of work these days and very strechted for funds so the prizes are just crap I had laying around that I thought someone may want. Since the prizes aren't up to par with the standard stuff I see being given I have decided to have a 1st-3rd place winner. I will end this on or around June 5th which should give everyone ample time to enter. And to enter all you have to do is show me your collections I know some of you probably have ridiculously huge collections so the entirety of it won't be necessary unless you really want to show how big your stick is Otherwise, I'm a huge fan of Choppers, big camp knives and axes/hawks so you can just post those if you got 'em or just show me your top 25 or something. I figure this way we all get to make oogily eyes at some nice 'money' shots, with money being pretty much literal,lol. I'm posting this here in the BK&T forum mainly because I have gained the most from this board and because you guys just kick ass and deserve free s#@t from time to time. But also because when I was a newbie and messed up my first scale mod, our always helpful brother Clich just up'd and mailed me some grivories so I didn't have to keep the ugly ruined set on. Now this seems like an insignificant thing to some but to me it was extremely nice and cool of him, and it ended up being only the first of a few who have helped me out and one of the many I have observed helping others on this forum and asking little to nothing in exchange. I even tell me non knife/forum friends how this place seems packed with tons of people who would be great to kick back and relax with by a fire with a cold beer. Now I should say that I am going to post this in the Wilderness & Survival forum too(which I hope is okay to do) mainly because I just love that forum and all the great posts of hikes, camps, skills, and so on that make me and most likely many others want to get my butt outside and head to the woods, and that is important for everyone to do(IMO).

Now I am going to limit this to Beckerheads because I know a lot of them post in the W&SS forum and cuz I know they are established posters here on BF and I felt like it will just be easier for me on my first give away rather than possibly having to go through 2-3x's the amount of entries. But all non-BH's don't worry. I will do another give-away for my 1000th post which will come sooner than you think and it will be open to everyone and it will have a good price(or 2)
    As for picking the winner...if someone can explain how I find and use a Random number generator, I'll do that but if its easier I'm just gonna have my daughter(she's 6) pick 3 numbers fro the total number of entries. I will have her pick one a day for 3 days after the end of the 'contest' and I will do first pick-first choice on the prizes which means the last picked will probably know what their getting as soon as they're picked since I'll have only 1 thing to offer. Well lets have some fun and show off the things we love most on this world(and you better not post your kids)

Here are the prizes to choose from:
    A very lightly used and still shaving sharp Kershaw Scamp(w/ box and papers)
    IMAG1180.jpgIMAG1176.jpg

A copy of Survival Quarterly's Ron Hood Tribute issue and a copy of Ron Hood's Advanced Survival Guide dvd(these have been watched/read)
    IMAG1194.jpg

and a copy of Dave Canterbury's Primitive Skills 1&2, 2-disc dvd set
    IMAG1190.jpgIMAG1189.jpg

Actually I'm gonna up the ante and throw in one more prize and pick a forth winner!! I just remembered I had this laying around and I know one of you will love it

Death From the Shadows-Techniques of Sentry Stalking and Silent Elimination DVD...just look at the cover image-need I say more??
    IMAG1204.jpg

Got a BK2 and love it in it's Azwelke sheath. That's my whole collection right now, and while I want more, it's all I really need. I'll post pics if needed later.

Here is my entire collection pre-sanding the coatings off. Thanks for the chance!

Oh I'm in.
    (sorry for crappy pics. Btw)

No none of these are safe queens...
    O.k. maybe this one because it doesnt get carried alot but I do still use it.

Next to my dads rolex
    Last edited by DJG097; 06-05-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DJG097 View Post
    What kind of A-hole quotes himself?

Spot reserved.....

-orangish ducktape

Cool prizes! I didn't see an end date, but hopefully my BK9 comes in before the contest ends. I need an excuse to take a collection pic anyway.

Edit Update:

Last edited by ol_sc; 05-26-2012 at 02:18 PM.

I can't take good pictures today (It's storming) but here is a placeholder picture.

I'll try to throw a couple pics in tomorrow when it's bright out and I have time to lay everything out.

Bro, are you serious?? I say how I'm basically poor and you throw in a pic full of Benjies, WTF. You're disqualified

JUST KIDDING
    AND WOULDN'T ALL THE 100'S BE SAFE QUEENS
    Oh I'm in.
    (sorry for crappy pics. Btw)

No none of these are safe queens...
    O.k. maybe this one because it doesnt get carried but I do still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcitymike View Post
    AND WOULDN'T ALL THE 100'S BE SAFE QUEENS
    Not if I keep buying knives, no.

What kind of A-hole quotes himself?

Hopefully I will take the time to take a pic or two...
    Place holder for pics...
    If I don't make it good luck to everyone else!

Im in, Thanks for the chance!

Here's what I have packed for camping this weekend. We're using our camper at a public campground, so I hope we don't have sheeple neighbors! I guess the Fiskar splitting axe and the hatchet are already packed in the camper, but I'll have four days to practice various bushcraft skills in a comfortable environment.

hey guys, just so you know I wasn't referring to your Becker collections only, I want to see it all. Your Randalls, ZTs, Winklers(especially these), Reeves, JK's, AA's, Fiddlebacks, Swamp Rats, TOPS and everything else you might have both in and out of your safe. And lets see some axes too. I know you BH's spend a good amount of time in the bush, so you own some decent axes..quit holding back My man DJG097 has the right idea. Sebbies, Spydies, and SAKs, OH MY
    But if you don't want to set up a shot of your entire collection then how about a shot of you "Bush" kit tools or your woodsman's trio? That would be cool too

I don't know where my SAK is, not that I ever got much use out of it, but that's me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by brewcitymike View Post
    hey guys, just so you know I wasn't referring to your Becker collections only, I want to see it all. Your Randalls, ZTs, Winklers(especially these), Reeves, JK's, AA's, Fiddlebacks, Swamp Rats, TOPS and everything else you might have both in and out of your safe. And lets see some axes too. I know you BH's spend a good amount of time in the bush, so you own some decent axes..quit holding back My man DJG097 has the right idea. Sebbies, Spydies, and SAKs, OH MY
    But if you don't want to set up a shot of your entire collection then how about a shot of you "Bush" kit tools or your woodsman's trio? That would be cool too
    Any idea when you will be ending the contest?

-orangish ducktape

SF Bay Area, CA. SpyderNation # 390. Beckerhead # 305.
    Nice giveaway.

I'm not a Beckerhead yet, but I'm getting closer. Though I have only one, I've taken to modding it a bit.
    Plenty of other good stuff, though.

There's more; some just haven't made it into the pictures yet.
    Enjoy.

No it's not just you. Same goes for me
    Quote Originally Posted by oXide View Post
    I don't know where my SAK is, not that I ever got much use out of it, but that's me personally.

I will end this on or around June 5th

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information