Thread: Not sure of the end result yet..

Not sure of the end result yet..

ADVERTISEMENT
    Not sure of the end result yet.. havn't received a response via email, but I ordered a knife that specifically said "AVAILABLE for order".. it did not say anything along the lines of "able to order", or "backordered", or "you can order this item, but it's not in stock"... and go figure.. it's not available at all. Like I said, I don't know the end result yet, but I'm pretty disappointed with this.. I should have spent the extra 3 dollars at chestnutridge. If I wanted to wait 2 weeks to receive my knife, I would have ordered it from a shady, untrustworthy, internet site that advertises items in stock when they're not.. wait.. maybe that's exactly what I did! Time will tell I guess.

Blog Entries
    Removed from a 6 month old thread. Please don't piggyback just to save yourself the trouble of telling us the whole story.

I'm sorry, I'm new at this. Please explain to me the correct thing to do.. I still havn't gotten a response from them via email..

Blog Entries
    The best way to get people involved, interested, is to tell your story in your words, and that's always best in your own thread (which this now is! )

Let us know who you ordered from and when, when you began trying to reach them and how (phone, email, screaming) and what their reaction, if anything, was.

The problem with posting in someone else's thread is that the answers overlap, it's hard to tell if people are just joining you in outrage, or might offer real advice or information.

Okay, thank you bud. To anyone who actually gets this far in this mess of a post.. the website in question is "ontario-knife-store.com". I ordered a knife a few days ago that said it was available for order. I then received an email telling me that it is backordered. I immediately replied to that email asking if they could refund me so I could order it from a different site, or if they could at least prioritize my order when the item arrives or upgrade my shipping.. that was 2 and a half days ago, and I still havn't received a response. I'm not trying to rag on a site, I'm just trying to inform someone if they are thinking of ordering from ontario knife store.

UPDATE!!
    As I was writing this response, I received an email offering to refund my money. Had I received that offer 2 and a half days ago, I would have taken it and just ordered the knife from chestnutridge, which states they have 6 in stock. At this point, I just feel like I might as well stick it out and hope I get the knife by next week. But the email was very nice, polite and professional. She said she would try to see what they could do about re-wording the "available" part, as to not confuse future buyers. I feel bad for my first post, where I implied that they might be shady.. based off of the email, they seem to be very professional and customer oriented. I will post any updates, just in case someone actually cares =P

Thank you Esav, for helping me learn how to use this forum productively. I will continue to get better at this!

Blog Entries
    It's all a learning experience.

Some websites mask very small operations. Software is easy to buy, but a mom & pop operation may not have the time to keep up with ordering, financing, shipping -- and answering email right away. That's where discounts come in. Start ups may sell cheaper but they can't offer daily communications while they get on with their day jobs.

If they are otherwise reliable, patience wins out in the end.

Patience is a virtue. 2 1/2 days is not a long wait for a response. People have 'the rest of life' to deal with and replying to a customer's question takes second place to family matters, etc.
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by rprocter View Post
    Patience is a virtue. 2 1/2 days is not a long wait for a response. People have 'the rest of life' to deal with and replying to a customer's question takes second place to family matters, etc.
    roland
    2 1/2 days (business days) is too long for a business not to respond to it's customers. The ones they want to keep anyway.
    Would I ignore emails for 3 days if I had a real family emergency? Yes absolutely, but it's still bad business and my customers would not be wrong if they were disappointed in my service.
    Stu

UPDATE!!
    I finally got tired of waiting more than 4 days for an email response again, so I called the customer service number. After originally being told that the knife was backordered, but should be in to them in 3 days, I was told today that my order might not even get filled with that shipment. So I might have to wait a few more weeks... so I had them cancel my order and refund my money. I can't say that I am totally confident that I will be refunded, at least in a timely manner. The moral of this story is that I do not trust Ontario Knife Store .com. I understand them being busy, or backed up, or a small store.. but there is no excuse for the way my order was handled. On the phone, the guy straight up told me that there have been people waiting months for their order, so mine wasn't really a priority as it was only a week old. This is not the kind of business I want to give money to. I was misled from the moment I placed my order, and if this is the way they need to behave to get business, they probably won't be around for very long. Just trying to inform anyone who is considering ordering from them. If you want to wait a couple months just to save $4.00, then go for it.. but personally, I'd spend the extra 4 bucks and get my item in a respectable amount of time.
    SUMMARY:
    I have done business with many websites and have purchased many knives. This is my worst experience to date. Ontario-knife-store.com is not very professional and I regret ever attempting to do business with them. Lesson learned. I just hope I get my refund sometime soon so I can order the knife from chestnutridge like I should have done in the first place.

Thread Information