Thread: Yuna Qi and Mini Hard: A photo comparison

Yuna Qi and Mini Hard: A photo comparison

ADVERTISEMENT
    First, sorry for the lousy pictures; no way they appropriately show off Yun's work.

Well, just received my second Yuna! after almost a years patient wait. All I can say is if you have the money, place an order now. Yun's work is just outstanding. I wanted an opposite of my "Mini-Hard University of Florida edition", so I had Yun do an inverse color scheme on the Qi. In general, the knives are very close in size, but the Qi carries a little smaller and easier. Because of the clip design, the Qi rides a little deeper and does not show as much too.

Thanks for the pics, i have two myself and should get another by the end of the year. You had the option of a small choil, correct? I might change and go this route for my hard series on order.

Nice folders!! Noticed that the Qi had an extremely deep choil in order to make way for the thumb hole. How does the blade deployment compare (stud vs hole) ?

Ergonomically, they both fit the hand exceedingly well. In my case, the mini hard flips so easy it deploys like a switchblade. The Qi is a little tougher to flip, but is silky smooth and deploys like My Manix. In general, I much prefer the hole on the Qi over the stud on the mini-hard. Flipping wise the mini-hard for sure. Both folders have absolutely NO perceptible blade play.

I LOVE his work!! Those are great knives.

Yun is a true master. I have two of his creations and enjoy the great craftsmanship.

Thread Information