Thread: interest in kukris

interest in kukris

ADVERTISEMENT
    i had posted an ang khola for trade and offered it as a trade on other knives. there is little interest, except for one fella that must have been hosed on trades, we were unable to work out incidental details-shipping, etc.
    does every knife enthusiast already have a bunch of these? i bought a cheapie to actually use, and have 2 other h.i products as well, both are "users", a horn handled badahur? and a little kuk.
    in the greater knife community, does the kukri have little value?

also, can h.i. be persuaded to make a seax run?

If you tell the traders it is an art piece that you dont want to use or offer it to someone who is asking for something else, what usually happens is you wont get much interest. But if you upgrade your membership and put it for sale in the Individual for sale, Productions sub-forum, you may find interest. A pre-UB initials, Bura made AK will sell pretty quick. If that is what you have? It's hard to tell from the pics.
    HOOAH!

uncle bill was still around when i got this one, unsure of maker.
    thanks

I find that when you take a couple of really good pictures and talk about the features it works out. Using eBay works well too.
    The demand for Kukris is high but a lot of people have no idea what a real Khukuri is. Many KLOs (Cold Steel, Kabar, made in China types) are out there that work well for certain things and cost much less than a real Khukuri.

As long as you have set a reasonable price to the consumer (not what you put into it), you can sell anything.
    Summer is coming so the Kukri is in demand for family camping, hiking, etc. Keep trying and you will sell it.

Let the people here see the pics you have from your trading post awhile back. Looks like a Bura to me. The pics weren't very close, but I'm sure someone here can blowem up. It'll get snagged quick. I've already read everything you said about it in your previous posts.
    HOOAH!

thanks, will repost with better pics soon i hope

Quote Originally Posted by kdaytonh View Post
    thanks, will repost with better pics soon i hope
    Yes!
    winning_ant.jpg
    Never give up.

bura is the maker, have better pics to uplaod and looked it up in forum.
    thanks

Thread Information