Thread: Hamma Hamma River Hike

Hamma Hamma River Hike

ADVERTISEMENT
    Yesterday we took a short day hike near the the Hamma Hamma river here in Washington State. Thought I'd share some quick photos with ya'll of our little adventure.

The river was a beautiful aqua color from the glacial silt runoff. My pictures really don't do it much justice. The color really has to be seen to be believed. Contrasted with all the greens I was just staring mesmerized for ages.

Here is "us"

Hope everybody is having a great 3 day weekend. I noticed this forum is kinda quiet--it's probably because everybody is outside camping with their friends and families! Thought I chip in some action to keep the posts fresh.

Wow, beautiful area, thanks for posting. I envy you people that live in areas like that. Ever since I went to the mountains as a kid, I've always felt sort of a calling to go back, which I do on occasion.

Pay a visit to the Olympic Mountains here in Washington State. If you come you will never want to leave. I didn't. I consider myself very lucky to live where I do.

Simply beautiful Eero! I love the mountains, have never got to OR or WA but Ive been all over the Rockies....like u said, once you go you can't get it out of your head. If I can ever work it, I would love to move to MT or north WY

Good looking 14 too, I like the silvery-grey color

Quote Originally Posted by Eero View Post

The river was a beautiful aqua color from the glacial silt runoff. My pictures really don't do it much justice. The color really has to be seen to be believed. Contrasted with all the greens I was just staring mesmerized for ages.
    More like this?

WOw, and its sunny out to boot! I have family up your way...I have yet to visit them! That half of the family moved up there in the late 70's and almost never come home to visit...I can see why.

I took a vacation with the worst gf ever to the Olympic peninsula 20 years ago. And to this day I consider it the best vacation I ever took. Like you said Eero, I didn't want to leave. And it's a place I'd love to go back to someday.

Those are beautiful pics. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Blog Entries
    Looks like an incredible area. Thanks for the pics! That 14 looks very nice in them thar woods!

"Go Forth & Propagate you ignorant git. " - Phil Gibbs

Quote Originally Posted by The Warrior View Post
    More like this?
    I didn't take a lot of photos but here a few more as requested...

At the mouth of the Hamma Hamma on the Hood Canal we stopped to buy some oysters and spied this mountain of shells. I climbed it. Had to.

I didn't take a lot of photos but here a few more as requested...
    I said, "more like this" because you said the photo didn't do the color any justice. I manipulated the photo above, to make the water more blue, and the trees more green.

Nice! It worked....you got it a lot closer to what it looked like in person. My old camera + crappy photog. skills leave a lot of room for improvement

Great pics!

I too love the Northwest, been here over 20 years now and would live nowhere else...!!

Cheers,

Love the pictures! They really show how beautiful our state really is.

Great pics man good post, looks like a great place to hike. My 14 is my hiking buddy too!

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    Simply beautiful Eero! I love the mountains, have never got to OR or WA but Ive been all over the Rockies....like u said, once you go you can't get it out of your head. If I can ever work it, I would love to move to MT or north WY

Good looking 14 too, I like the silvery-grey color
    I stripped it using jasco and that's how it came out naturally. I didn't sand it or polish it at all and I kinda like the color. Not sure how long it will stay that way though. My knifes seem to get a natural patina fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JES600 View Post
    I took a vacation with the worst gf ever to the Olympic peninsula 20 years ago. And to this day I consider it the best vacation I ever took. Like you said Eero, I didn't want to leave. And it's a place I'd love to go back to someday.

Those are beautiful pics. Thanks for jogging my memory.
    There really is so much to see here it can be overwhelming. Glad the scenery made up for the gf...

Quote Originally Posted by River-8 View Post
    Great pics!

I too love the Northwest, been here over 20 years now and would live nowhere else...!!

Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by EK20 View Post
    Love the pictures! They really show how beautiful our state really is.
    great to see some fellow Washingtonians on here!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBowie View Post
    Great pics man good post, looks like a great place to hike. My 14 is my hiking buddy too!
    I like to pack really light when I hike (BK14) but I also love to have a good chopper (BK2 or BK9). I was torn when saddling up my pack before the hike. My hiking partner was wondering why I was taking more pictures of my knife then her .

Thanks for the pics. Great place.

I'm diggin' those orange scales more and more every time I see 'em.

May just "have to" get another 14 to put a set on

My hiking partner was wondering why I was taking more pictures of my knife then her .
    the people demand pics of this hiking partner (the non-14 one). the people must be appeased! lol

Pacific Northwest for the win. Beautiful. I can smell the forest just by lookin at those pics.

Very nice.
    Nice pics.

Thread Information