Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a knifenut when...

You know you're a knifenut when...

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have my Spyderco Ladybug on me at all times. Often, I'll carry something else, too. But the Ladybug goes with me everywhere. Today, I had a meeting at a secure facility (like most facilities I have to go to, but even with the clearance and I.D. I had, this place wanted me to go through the full x-ray thing). Rather than give up my Ladybug (which, as you know, they just confiscate and don't "hold" for you), I called the people I was supposed to meet and cancelled. My boss gave me hell. Sigh...

I ain't losing my EDC!

When you can't watch a movie by yourself without chips in one hand and a knife in the other.

Blog Entries
    This whole business of "leave it at home" or "leave it in your car" is a big con. In practice, it means you can never bring a knife anywhere, because you might have to go though a restricted area. "But why do you need it anyway?"

People who carry knives always find a use for them just like people who carry a pen always find something to write.

I need to get a Ladybug again.. and a Dragonfly.

When you are willing to be late for work because you finaly decide to carry a certain knife over another and you spend 30 minutes looking for it.

You can multis on you and sleep with them beside you on night stand.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

^^ This is why I keep all of my knives in one place.

Yea walking back to car is a bit of a pain. But your right not having my knife taken away.

That is one interesting story for sure, and yea that is dedication.
    I am interested in SF bracelets. I am looking for a AB balisong (production). All cash offers.

when you make lame knife jokes around your friends and then get sad when you remember they aren't knife people and none of them get it

It takes longer to pick a knife for the day than it take to get dressed in the morning...

You are a knife nut when you need a knife for every seperate use.

I have a car knife (Spyderco Assist 2)
    I have a knife that I keep beside my bed (Zero Tolerance 0200)
    I have knives that I rotate EDC knives (Spyderco Delica, Spyderco Sage 1, Kershaw Skyline)
    I have a knifes for water (Spyderco Dragonfly 2 H1, Spyderco Ladybug H1)
    I have a knife with serations (Spyderco Ladybug H1)
    I have a knife that is fun to play with (Spyderco Paramilitary 2)
    I have a knife that has to have an assist (Sog Aegis)
    I have to have a fixed blade that can cut wood (Becker BK2)
    I have a fixed blade.... wait screw this...

The list doesn't really stop, just like the buying I do. I lie to myself and make up these excuses why I need to get another knife... knife NUT!

when you have a knife for every outfit and activity

when you carry more than 2 knives on any given day
    Proud supporter of JK handmade knives #91
    "Long is the way and hard, that out of hell leads up to light" - John Milton

When you post pics of your knives in the EDC II Which knife or knives are you carrying today thread like proud parents posting pictures of the family. I'm totally guilty of this
    BLADE Tribe
    BROTHERS of the BLADE

I keep my Ladybug on my keyring so it is always with me. I have a quick disconnect between my house keys and my car keys. If I am going somewhere where I would get in trouble, I just separate my house keys with the lady bug and hide them and just take my car keys with me.

Quote Originally Posted by kicwk View Post
    It takes longer to pick a knife for the day than it take to get dressed in the morning...
    I cant wait till i can say the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy092 View Post
    I keep my Ladybug on my keyring so it is always with me. I have a quick disconnect between my house keys and my car keys. If I am going somewhere where I would get in trouble, I just separate my house keys with the lady bug and hide them and just take my car keys with me.

When you slice your finger open while flipping a Spyderco and the wound can't heal because you keep flipping the knife and pulling the skin apart...

To paraphrase: when fondling a knife takes priority over personal well-being.

You know you're a nut when you can't find your keys on your keyring because of all the knives?

Or when you forget your knife at your desk and panic in the bathroom, because you might need it in the next 45 seconds before you get back to your desk.

PS:
    Magnaminous, what are those clips you've got all your stuff on?
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

Blog Entries
    -When you accidentaly cut yourself with one of your blades- then look to see how clean the cut is.

-You can identify the type of lock a knife has by the sound it makes.

-You have a picture folder on your computer of your knives so you don't lose track.

-When you reconsider going to certain places that have knife restrictions.

-The "favorites" list on your computer has become a digital "to-get" list.

-If you see a reason to spend $170 on a Starlingear bead for your knives.

-If you find an XM-18 for the low, low price of $500 and think it's a great deal.

-If you have no problem dropping $500 on a single knife because it really is a great deal. ^

-If you get anxious to go home after travelling somewhere without a knife.

-If you find yourself re-winding and pausing movies to see what knife that guy was holding/using.

-You get slightly disappointed at the character when you realize said knife is a cheap Chinese one.

-If part of your trip planning includes researching knife shops near where you'll be.

-You rationalize other expenses in terms of "How many knives could this get me? "

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information