Thread: In the shop 5/30/2012

In the shop 5/30/2012

ADVERTISEMENT
    As sales remain a bit slow I have been doing a LOT of cutting and preparation of preform scales which I actually really do like to do.

So here are a few pictures of the group I will be starting to fit tomorrow. The knives that do not have scales above them are reserved for Malachite and metal mix scales and two more of the Chrysocolla in Quartz.

This huge group is being done to take with me to the Madras show to show my work to some of the dealers that sell to me and to potentially trade for stone when possible to save paying out cash. Most will probably get brought back and put up on my website though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Redrummd; 05-30-2012 at 11:17 PM.

As I have been doing preforms I already have most of the group scheduled to start at the end of June or early July already!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike,

Are the 2 sets of medium blue and white slabs Sodalite? I especially like the set on the left......looking forward to seeing the finished artwork.

The small Chrysocolla slabs look interesting......guessing they will be housed on a Case Peanut. I really like the Chrysocolla stone.

Also, it looks like another unusual and rare selection of preforms.

Best to you at the Madras show,
    Dennis

The small Chrysocolla scales are the last bit of the piece that your Buck 110 and the one still on my website came from. They are planned to go onto a case peanut if all goes well. That piece of Chrysocolla looked to be Turquoise and if I did not know better that is what even I would think the four sets of knife scales were....

Mike,

I am certainly interested in the Chrysocolla Case Peanut. It would complement the Buck 110 nicely.

Dennis

Thread Information