Thread: Please boker. Find a USA company to produce this............

Please boker. Find a USA company to produce this............

ADVERTISEMENT
    This is a great knife. I only wish more people could experience it. Find a company to manufacture it in the USA and then redesign the latch so its actually not ripping off benchmade and you would have a winner.

Hello,
    That knife will not be available in the US through us. We do not have any US based manufacturing, we are a German company, and that knife is available in a few European companies only. In fact, that is the first picture I have seen of it other than the prototype picture.
    Sorry, it won't be coming here for sale through Boker.
    Terry

Too bad. It would be nice to have more choices for a bali song then a couple of benchmades, bradleys, spydercos, bunch of ccc's, and really pricey customs.

I'm guessing it's cause of the outdated rules of illegal to import balisongs nonsense?

Man id love to have a boker bali.....oh well..........at least we still got allot of affordable unique folders coming over here under the plus line.

Interesting comment, "We do not have any US based manufacturing, we are a German company...". That very knife is from the 'Plus' line - likely made in the PRC. You also sell knives made in Argentina, Taiwan, and, gasp, even Germany. Just not that knife! Sorry, Terry, you just seemed a bit stuck on the German company 'thing'.

Stainz

PS I hope to make it to Atlanta Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by Stainz View Post
    Interesting comment, "We do not have any US based manufacturing, we are a German company...". That very knife is from the 'Plus' line - likely made in the PRC. You also sell knives made in Argentina, Taiwan, and, gasp, even Germany. Just not that knife! Sorry, Terry, you just seemed a bit stuck on the German company 'thing'.

Stainz

PS I hope to make it to Atlanta Saturday...
    But they ARE a German company... Is Spyderco not an American company, because they have knives made for them in China, Taiwan, and Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by docbp87 View Post
    But they ARE a German company... Is Spyderco not an American company, because they have knives made for them in China, Taiwan, and Japan?
    I think his point was that the guy is saying that they cant make one in the USA as they are a German company. But really the german aspect of it all has nothing to do with the fact of them being able to make this knife especially considering the knife is made in china. Being a german company does not prevent them from having a factory in the USA just as it obviously doesnt prevent them from making knives in other countries besides germany.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT View Post
    Hello,
    That knife will not be available in the US through us. We do not have any US based manufacturing, we are a German company, and that knife is available in a few European companies only. In fact, that is the first picture I have seen of it other than the prototype picture.
    Sorry, it won't be coming here for sale through Boker.
    Terry
    Im quite familiar with the fact that this knife cannot be sold in america due to our import laws and the fact that this knife infringes on a couple US patents. But according to the website you do have the ability to get some things made int the usa. Specifically the 02BO012 model number knife. You dont need to have an actual factory in the usa to have another OEM company build your design. I am aware of all the reasons this balisong isnt available and wont be for sale in the usa. What I infact was asking was this.

To find a way to get this design produced in the USA so that more people can experience the knife. I had this sent to me from austria and its one of my favorite knives. I just feel its a shame that due to our silly laws here some of the very best Boker Plus knives will never see the hands of many USA consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by PURPLEDC View Post
    I think his point was that the guy is saying that they cant make one in the USA as they are a German company. But really the german aspect of it all has nothing to do with the fact of them being able to make this knife especially considering the knife is made in china. Being a german company does not prevent them from having a factory in the USA just as it obviously doesnt prevent them from making knives in other countries besides germany.

Im quite familiar with the fact that this knife cannot be sold in america due to our import laws and the fact that this knife infringes on a couple US patents. But according to the website you do have the ability to get some things made int the usa. Specifically the 02BO012 model number knife. You dont need to have an actual factory in the usa to have another OEM company build your design. I am aware of all the reasons this balisong isnt available and wont be for sale in the usa. What I infact was asking was this.

To find a way to get this design produced in the USA so that more people can experience the knife. I had this sent to me from austria and its one of my favorite knives. I just feel its a shame that due to our silly laws here some of the very best Boker Plus knives will never see the hands of many USA consumers.
    All of this is correct, and I feel the same way, but US manufacture is something that will not be happening, although if there is enough demand, that could change.
    Terry

Thread Information