Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble with jamesk007

ADVERTISEMENT
    "But Mom they were just sending these knives to me for nothing out of the goodness of their hearts, I swear."
    ~ Nate

Quote Originally Posted by veubent View Post
    This was my last email from the mother. Seems as if James was out to scam us.

"In reply to your e mail. we have returned the knives. They are to be with you in a week to ten days. I thought my son had just purchased the knives from a company and did not know it was a trade. To be honest with you i dont think my son understood what a trade was.Anyway problem has been solved.James has been dispilined and it will not be happening again. Sorry for any problems that it has caused. jean kernaghan''

I also got the same picture of a receipt with my address on it. Hopefully they both arrive safely.

He knew exactly what a trade was. He lied to us and he's lying to his mother to try to wiggle out of worse punishment. You should send her a link to this thread so she can see what he was typing.

I'm really glad that it worked out.
    But I do fully agree that he knew very well what he was doing.
    It's common sense that a "Trade" or "Barter" is discussing and agreeing to swap one item for another.
    His mother sounds like a great woman but also a good mother. So kudos to her for that.
    I really don't think James should be allowed on the exchange again because just because it worked out this time doesn't mean it will work out another time.

I'm glad things got settled and hope your knives get back in the condition sent. Which I assume they should. I just hope no one takes the chance and gets taken - or near taken again.

Quote Originally Posted by veubent View Post
    This was my last email from the mother. Seems as if James was out to scam us.

"In reply to your e mail. we have returned the knives. They are to be with you in a week to ten days. I thought my son had just purchased the knives from a company and did not know it was a trade. To be honest with you i dont think my son understood what a trade was.Anyway problem has been solved.James has been dispilined and it will not be happening again. Sorry for any problems that it has caused. jean kernaghan''

I also got the same picture of a receipt with my address on it. Hopefully they both arrive safely.
    Well this is certainly good news... Hopefully in a few days you will both have your knives back, and be able to move on.

Mike

R.I.P Bill ( Maniacal Pete ) I only wish there was something we could have done to help...

Good one Mom. Hopefully this works out for everyone. veubent could you please remove Mom's name from your post? She wasn't a player in this attempted scam.

"To be honest with you i dont think my son understood what a trade was"

Is this a 3 year old kid???? My 4 year old grand-daughter knows what "trade" means...
    Wm. Fisher
    Rochester, NY
    williamkevinfisher@gmail.com

I was BORN AGAIN on May 3rd, 2008. No, I didn't find religion, I found RETIREMENT !!!!

I really don't think James should be allowed on the exchange again
    James should be summarily booted off BladeForums upon completion of his obligations.

It seems apparent he’s under age and was engaged in deception and premeditated Theft.

Why was he claiming to have shipped the knives if he didn’t understand what a trade was?

It’s nice Mom did the right thing and James should be thankful. She seems nice enough so he can still learn from her if he’s willing.
    The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Anyone find out how old/young James is?

To not understand what a "trade" is...................................
    WANTED: Silent Knight , 2 Bolt Badger , Steel Heart 1 (with side stamp), Lil Ugly
    Busse Paraphernalia...patches, letters, magazines, boxes, original ad or articles
    Well.....here I am ~ Jubal Early
    WTB FAT SKELETON KEY
    COLD STEEL VOYAGER 5" Old Style

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelface View Post
    Anyone find out how old/young James is?

To not understand what a "trade" is...................................
    According to his profile, he's 20 yrs old.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i personally apologize for what has happened and hopefully this will be sorted in a few days

Wow, another one for the ignore list....

Quote Originally Posted by Karda View Post
    According to his profile, he's 20 yrs old.
    I "REALLY" hope he isn't 20 and his mom made an excuse about him not knowing what a trade is. I was more curious if either party that spoke with Mom might have inquired.
    WANTED: Silent Knight , 2 Bolt Badger , Steel Heart 1 (with side stamp), Lil Ugly
    Busse Paraphernalia...patches, letters, magazines, boxes, original ad or articles
    Well.....here I am ~ Jubal Early
    WTB FAT SKELETON KEY
    COLD STEEL VOYAGER 5" Old Style

I have not spoken with anyone by phone. Never asked james his age as I assumed it was 20 from his profile.

I called. Didnt ask. She didnt want me to talk to him so im guessing younger than 20.

I've been trading since I was like six years old.
    So I have no idea how he doesn't know what a trade is.
    James, are you really 20? I'm not thinking you are.
    If you're not banned from trading, I would take a break from it for a while.
    Or at least until you learn what a trade is.

My knife arrived today. Thank you jamesk007's mom for stepping in and taking care of this. Hope veubents knife shows up as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgolfer View Post
    My knife arrived today. Thank you jamesk007's mom for stepping in and taking care of this. Hope veubents knife shows up as well.
    Man i'm glad it worked out, I lost a knife in trade once and that is the most aggrivating feeling in the world

Quote Originally Posted by jamesk007 View Post
    i personally apologize for what has happened and hopefully this will be sorted in a few days
    Yup, as soon as you are banned.................
    #541 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Wow. International postal fraud is not something I'd want to have following me around forever. As I understand it, that kind of stuff doesn't get chalked up to ignorance. Karma: being a bitch since the beginning of time!

Addiction to steel isn't the worst thing that could happen, I suppose. I wish knife collecting was cheaper than some of those "worse" habits, though!

It cannot be correct he does not know what a trade is, considering he has feedback for successful trades.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information