Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TOPS Tibo

ADVERTISEMENT
    That looks really good Mist!

Quote Originally Posted by lowery399 View Post
    That looks really good Mist!
    Thanks man, I'm really liking it.
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville

B.H. #27

Tibo, what a nice name! I used the term when i was young and would sometimes step on sharp objects such as broken glass. The design looks really comfortable!

congrats on getting a chance to design a knife! i'm filipino but never heard of "tibo" before, i have to research what dialect it is...i learn something new everyday!

Looks great, has a lot of 'jimping' which is missing in most small skeletonized blades, those little guys need the grip without handles. Seems to be a well thought out design, looking forward to getting one soon.

That is a great knife.

Like you say the 11, 14, Izula, etc., are good knives, but all could use one thing or another

This is a real nice combo of all the stuff that the others are missing (i.e. longer handle, more point, more belly, etc.)

Well done.

Looking forward to it.

I ilke the looks of that. More so than the Izula or Becker or even the Bark River necker.....that just flows really nicely. Great work on that one. How does it slice, say peeling an apple wise. I find some of the neckers are too thick in the edge geometry dept to really get a good slice off an apple.

Again, nice work....I am really liking that one!

i cant wait to get my hands on one myself any idea about how much they will be going for!?

right on Brian.. looks like a great little knife... i like it..

good looking design - I really like the way you incorporated the BK11 handle ergos into a longer handle.
    will definitely be looking forward to the release of this one, I'm a great fan of "pocket sized" fixed blades.
    RP #434 BH #57
    Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #61; TM Hunt; Terrio Handmade Knives #458 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Quote Originally Posted by namida View Post
    Tibo, what a nice name! I used the term when i was young and would sometimes step on sharp objects such as broken glass. The design looks really comfortable!
    Thanks man, it feels really good in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JV3 View Post
    congrats on getting a chance to design a knife! i'm filipino but never heard of "tibo" before, i have to research what dialect it is...i learn something new everyday!
    Thanks man. I feel really fortunate to get my design made by TOPS, they are one of my favorite knife companies and a company I turn to often when looking for tough, rough-use, field knives. No idea which dialect, but if I'm wrong it's all google translator's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by elof_alv View Post
    Looks great, has a lot of 'jimping' which is missing in most small skeletonized blades, those little guys need the grip without handles. Seems to be a well thought out design, looking forward to getting one soon.
    Thanks man, yeah some of them getting slick when cleaning fish and what have you were the inspiration for all of the jimping.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra281 View Post
    That is a great knife.

Like you say the 11, 14, Izula, etc., are good knives, but all could use one thing or another

This is a real nice combo of all the stuff that the others are missing (i.e. longer handle, more point, more belly, etc.)

Well done.

Looking forward to it.
    Thanks man. Not trying to take anything away from the others at all. The BK-11 and Izula will always hold a place in my heart and my "collection", I just wanted something that combined features of both with features neither possessed in a lighter package in order to have the knife I personally wanted. The guys at TOPS nailed my design spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by CKE2 View Post
    I ilke the looks of that. More so than the Izula or Becker or even the Bark River necker.....that just flows really nicely. Great work on that one. How does it slice, say peeling an apple wise. I find some of the neckers are too thick in the edge geometry dept to really get a good slice off an apple.

Again, nice work....I am really liking that one!
    Thanks man, I liked the way it flowed when I drew it and even more when I held it. It's a high grind on 1/8 steel and nearly scalpel sharp so it slices extremely well, I'll have to post some photos later on, and peeling an apple is easy... but at 2.5 inches long making smooth potato chips could be a challenge for this blade...though I have managed thin tomato slices for sandwiches just fine

Quote Originally Posted by tfields View Post
    i cant wait to get my hands on one myself any idea about how much they will be going for!?
    Thanks man! Ya know...I have no idea. I need to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnfolk mike View Post
    right on Brian.. looks like a great little knife... i like it..
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 1066vik View Post
    good looking design - I really like the way you incorporated the BK11 handle ergos into a longer handle.
    will definitely be looking forward to the release of this one, I'm a great fan of "pocket sized" fixed blades.
    Thanks Vic. Yeah...I don't have a lot of faith in folders myself so I like fixed blades I can easily pocket carry too.
    History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies. ~Alexis de Tocqueville

B.H. #27

Pocket fixed blades are excellent and I love the category.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoBlades View Post
    Pocket fixed blades are excellent and I love the category.

Me too, and I think that goes back to elementary school and my earliest studies of the paleolithic period.

B.H. #27

This Tibo reminds me a bit of a benchmade neck knife they made awhile ago, but with the bugs worked out.
    It had a couple issues, including not quite enough blade for the size and (ick) serrations.
    That BM was another one of those "Nice! but if only it was like this...." models.

-Daizee
    Beckerhead #int((2/3)*100)
    My knives, etc.: http://crosstownoutdoors.wordpress.com/
    "You have to admit it's a good looking heart attack." --Tradewater

I agree with the mob, that is a great looking knife. I love small neck knives, even though I always pocket-carry them LOL

I have to pick one of these up when they become available. Looks like a smartly designed EDC blade.

I love the jimping (one feature 11s and 14s should come with) and the pointy blade style is right up my alley. I may go make some micarta and rough out some slabs just for this knife when I get it LOL

nicely done Mist!

Quote Originally Posted by daizee View Post
    This Tibo reminds me a bit of a benchmade neck knife they made awhile ago, but with the bugs worked out.
    It had a couple issues, including not quite enough blade for the size and (ick) serrations.
    That BM was another one of those "Nice! but if only it was like this...." models.

-Daizee
    I think I may remember that one. Back in the late 90s early 2000s I had an Emerson Design BM CQC7 and what I think was a Nimravus that came in a kydex sheath. Loved them both and they were some of the tools I carried when I worked security at the city yards here. I think I considered the neck knife and passed on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    I agree with the mob, that is a great looking knife. I love small neck knives, even though I always pocket-carry them LOL

I have to pick one of these up when they become available. Looks like a smartly designed EDC blade.

I love the jimping (one feature 11s and 14s should come with) and the pointy blade style is right up my alley. I may go make some micarta and rough out some slabs just for this knife when I get it LOL

nicely done Mist!
    Thanks man, And I agree, when it comes to small knives I like the texture to help me keep a grip on it. Curious to see what the scales will look like.

B.H. #27

when will these be available

Quote Originally Posted by Seanifred View Post
    I just asked that same question and am waiting on an answer. I'll post when I hear something back.

B.H. #27

Quote Originally Posted by Seanifred View Post
    Not soon enough! Duh.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTwoBlades View Post
    Not soon enough! Duh.
    Yeah sort of lol. The answer I just got was 4 weeks or less

B.H. #27

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information