Thread: better than rambo 4 junknife...

marietta s.c.---not sure this place is on earth though...

better than rambo 4 junknife...

ADVERTISEMENT
    I am interested in a knife in the shape and style of the rambo 4 movie blade--but i want a real tool that will get the job done. Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is the H.i. farm knife the way to go? Ive got a couple of HIAKS--just sort of a side issue here.
    thanks 4 the help gents.

As soon as i read Rambo 4 the Farm Knife came to mind, it seems to be a very popular blade type among those who have them, I haven't seen any comments saying anything but great things, they seem to get snapped up very quick when offered on dotd here so that has to be an indication of their popularity.

I don't own a farm knife but it's very much a beefed up Dadao.
    Now i've try Cotherion's Farmcata before on a robust tree that requires a few chops for a versatile parang; it makes short work out of it.

Picture from Steve Tall.
    There never was a good knife made of bad steel.” -Benjamin Franklin

The farm knife rocks I'm planning on taking mine camping at the end of the month.
    Jake
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Farm Knife is on my list of knives to get, but the Hibben Rambo 4 knife isnt exactly junk either. Its made of 1090 and the one ive got has suffered thru some serious abuse without a hitch. The leather wrapped handle is a joke though, nothing like that should ever come on a chopper. Im in the process of fixing that though, i got some wood scales and will finish shaping them someday.

Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero View Post
    The Farm Knife is on my list of knives to get, but the Hibben Rambo 4 knife isnt exactly junk either. Its made of 1090 and the one ive got has suffered thru some serious abuse without a hitch. The leather wrapped handle is a joke though, nothing like that should ever come on a chopper. Im in the process of fixing that though, i got some wood scales and will finish shaping them someday.
    You make an excellent point. A lot of Mr. Hibben's upper end reproductions are of good quality for sure. While the farm knife design is an old one, we have to give him and Mr. Stallone a great deal of credit for bringing the design to pop culture awareness.
    I have heard decent reviews of the Rambo 4 reproduction.
    Jake

gents---i certianly dont mean hibbens are junk. Every knife company owes a debt of grattitude to hibben knives and the "rambo" movies as far as the big knife craze in one way or another over the past 30yrs. I figured the HI FARM was a way to cut to the chase so to speak

My villager farm knife is AWESOME! I have used and abused it and it is always in my truck. it is the perfect work knife. I use it in the kitchen, camp, field, etc! The horn handle was a little large and slick when I got it so I thined it down and roughed the horn up and it turned out awesome. It holds a razors edge and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkidaddy View Post
    gents---i certianly dont mean hibbens are junk. Every knife company owes a debt of grattitude to hibben knives and the "rambo" movies as far as the big knife craze in one way or another over the past 30yrs. I figured the HI FARM was a way to cut to the chase so to speak

Well you did imply that the Hibben knife wasnt a real tool but frankly its pretty hard to screw up a massive chunk of high carbon steel.

What exactly are you planning on doing with it? I cant speak for the farm knife but the hibben rambo 4 knife i have is very rugged and can do the hardest chopping as long as you change the horrid leather wrapped grip.

The Farm knife is cooler than heck and i will get one some day but im not sure its really meant to be basically an axe, hopefully someone with one will chime in.

im terribly sorry, i ment the low end high production COPIES will be.

im terribly sorry, i ment the low end high production COPIES will be.
    Its no big deal, mine was $40 thru Bud K.

Im just saying dont turn up your nose at all cheap knives, some are worthwhile and the Hibben Rambo IV is decent as long as you rehandle it.

Want a good cheepie? Try MORA...Cody Lundin loves 'em!!
    I want about 10 robusts! Great Stockinstuffer...come to think of it either litterally or not...Im just saying that Gill Hibben Originals, and even united copies are better than the mall ninja crap now...

Want a good cheepie? Try MORA...Cody Lundin loves 'em!!
    I want about 10 robusts! Great Stockinstuffer...come to think of it either litterally or not...Im just saying that Gill Hibben Originals, and even united copies are better than the mall ninja crap now...
    I never actually owned a mora, i really need to get one to see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah man.. you wont regret spending that $15! Try a Cold Steel machete too.
    Damn those things are hardcore.
    Ive used it ti limb trees, CHOP UP COUCHES, boxes, animal leftovers, u name it..All u need is a dremel, a ceramic crock stick(big one) and a little time. That heavy machete will "git r done"!

Back on topic; I cant wait to get a HI FARM and love on it w/ a DMT!! I bet u could chop up a cow and throw it on the backyard charcoal grill...now im hungry, I want a farm knife and i want to go hunting!
    Last edited by tikkidaddy; 07-02-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah man.. you wont regret spending that $15! Try a Cold Steel machete too.
    Damn those things are hardcore.
    Ive used it ti limb trees, CHOP UP COUCHES, boxes, animal leftovers, u name it..All u need is a dremel, a ceramic crock stick(big one) and a little time. That heavy machete will "git r done"!

Back on topic; I cant wait to get a HI FARM and love on it w/ a DMT!! I bet u could chop up a cow and throw it on the backyard charcoal grill...now im hungry, I want a farm knife and i want to go hunting!
    I actually found a couple Cold Steel Kukri Machete's for 9 bucks and own 2 of them. For a KLO its decent and actually makes a terrifingly good thowing knife.

I have CP, so throwing anything besides something like a CS heavy star shuriken is about the only thing i could make stick.

I hate mall ninja toy crap! Seems like every knife mfgr in the world is producing that kiddie stuff to appease the masses for profit...not HIMIMP thank God.

You watch people throw that stuff and CCCHHHHUUNNNNKKKK!!

Its like...what if i could actually throw a HIMIMP 18in AK and stick it?

Talk about your sharpened prybar sledgehammer effect..,,

Farm knife?

YES!

One caveat, they have a much thinner edge geometry than a khukuri or sharpened prybar-type knife, but for those that take care when chopping et cetera, the modicum of restraint is well worth the performance... the Farm knife bites deep!

I've been of the opinion that the design is like a klewang bugis on steroids.

Holy Cow! GRAVES! Long time no see, buddy
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Steely_Gunz View Post
    Holy Cow! GRAVES! Long time no see, buddy
    Aye, Bladeforums is a big place... trying to get even partially caught up is a Herculean task sometimes!

Thread Information