Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Its Snark Is Worse Than Its Bite ... CHAT

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchdan View Post
    I'm trying to talk a guy out of taking his BK-9 and grinding a scandi into it. Somebody who understands the weaknesses of a scandi better than I, give me a couple of reasons why you wouldn't want to do such a stupid thing to a 9.
    just slap him and take it away.

In my garage, huffing bleach for your new etch
    I'm trying to talk a guy out of taking his BK-9 and grinding a scandi into it. Somebody who understands the weaknesses of a scandi better than I, give me a couple of reasons why you wouldn't want to do such a stupid thing to a 9.
    The scandi isnt weak......from a blank. from flat ground bk9 you will weaken the edge. convex it. and all will be ok

Grinding a scandi into a 9 would probably ruin the heat treat, unless he was very careful.
    And it would look goofy.
    Or it could be an absolute beast.
    Hard to say.
    -Cooper

Beckerhead #185
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #94, Terrio Handmade Knives, T.M. Hunt Custom Knives

That would be scandilous where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by clich View Post
    The scandi isnt weak......from a blank. from flat ground bk9 you will weaken the edge. convex it. and all will be ok
    That was pretty much my advice, but he has a bunch of Moras and he thinks it's the best edge going. I think I may have to do like Thrill says and threaten to slap him and take his knife away.

That was pretty much my advice, but he has a bunch of Moras and he thinks it's the best edge going. I think I may have to do like Thrill says and threaten to slap him and take his knife away.
    I didnt say ''threaten''. I need another 9 anyways, WITH a ramp LOL

hard to bend kydex for a ramped 9 without a ramped 9. I think everyone should just TAKE THE DANG RAMPS OFF but apparently some of y'all wont listen to reason, so I need another one.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbilly View Post
    I didnt say ''threaten''. I need another 9 anyways, WITH a ramp LOL

hard to bend kydex for a ramped 9 without a ramped 9. I think everyone should just TAKE THE DANG RAMPS OFF but apparently some of y'all wont listen to reason, so I need another one.
    Hey, I've thought about doing up one of my 9's like Devilpig's blade, but I don't trust myself with saws and grinders enough to start carving on my Beckers just yet. So for now I think I'll just have to live with the ramp.

Hey, I've thought about doing up one of my 9's like Devilpig's blade, but I don't trust myself with saws and grinders enough to start carving on my Beckers just yet. So for now I think I'll just have to live with the ramp.
    devilpig's???

it aint hard to take a ramp off. Grinder, time, patience, bucket of water to keep it cool.....then some hand files to clean it up. That was my first major mod. I aint never regretted it (in using, cant say the same for kydex bending use)

TB you gotta see Devilpig's custom 9

CRAP! I apparently can LOCK my own thread, but CAN'T UNlock it!

I need some Moderator type help, attention. LOL
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...PIC-HEAVY*-WIP
    Please unlock this for me, Im a dummy.

Was trying to work on it, gonna be an involved thread. Drat
    If this should happen again you can either use the "thread tools" menu to unlock you own thread (if you can lock it, you can unlock it) or you can use the little triangle at the bottom left of your post to report it with a request for action. Mods do not read every thread and may not even see your request if posted and not reported.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Karda View Post
    If this should happen again you can either use the "thread tools" menu to unlock you own thread (if you can lock it, you can unlock it) or you can use the little triangle at the bottom left of your post to report it with a request for action. Mods do not read every thread and may not even see your request if posted and not reported.
    thanks Karda...I aint very tech savvy LOL. I didnt even know I could lock my threads until just a lil while ago.

devilpig's???

it aint hard to take a ramp off. Grinder, time, patience, bucket of water to keep it cool.....then some hand files to clean it up. That was my first major mod. I aint never regretted it (in using, cant say the same for kydex bending use)
    You haven't seen Devilpig's 9? And you call yourself a Beckerhead.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ATE-Pg-4-amp-5

You haven't seen Devilpig's 9? And you call yourself a Beckerhead.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ATE-Pg-4-amp-5
    I was linked to it. I like the 9's factory point myself. The Haze 9 is nice.

Its my birthday in a half hour. Just finished my birthday supper beings I'll be working tomorrow night. Had baby taters in garlic butter, macaroni salad, onions and mushrooms caramelized in a buttload of butter and poured over a ribeye grilled to mediumish. Yes, it was as good as it looks. Time for a few cold ones.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't.........you're right

Whomever is at blade, I want more pics of those two here...

http://www.iammoon.com/albums/Blade%.../DSC_6381.html

Pics thanks to mqqn

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    Whomever is at blade, I want more pics of those two here...

http://www.iammoon.com/albums/Blade%.../DSC_6381.html

Pics thanks to mqqn

Moose with Tilted Kilt gals, scary.
    Semper fi, GFY!
    Just shut up and use your f#?*!ng knives!
    http://Www.tmhuntcustomknives.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Murphnuge View Post
    Moose with Tilted Kilt gals, scary.
    Seems like he and the rest of the boys are enjoying themselves!

Just watching the first episode of Longmire. Reminds me of western Justified. Good fun.

Just finished a 17 hour day, tomorrow is hiking near taylors falls MN, and shooting sunday It's about time I got a regular weekend!

On the road towards Atlanta... Heard there was some sort of knife show or something going on.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information