View Poll Results: What anodizing color would you like on the 2012 HTM Fourm Gunhammer?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

5 9.43%
  • Flat Natural Earth (Tan/Brown)

7 13.21%
  • Shark Gray

13 24.53%
  • Weird-Ass Yellow

3 5.66%
  • Blue

18 33.96%
  • Brick Red

6 11.32%
  • I'm fine with any of them/Anything except Weird-Ass Yellow

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: Handle anodizing color -- *INPUT NEEDED*

2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: Handle anodizing color -- *INPUT NEEDED*

ADVERTISEMENT
    Time to get things moving on the details of the HTM Forum Gunhammer (see this thread, especially Hark's post)! Right now, the only feature that's set in stone is that it'll have a manual flipper with Maxx Glide bearing pivot. Blade shape will be either Bowie or Torpedo (you choose at the time of ordering). The blade steel will be a premium PM steel -- possibly Elmax. The cost will be $310 per person for the version with anodized aluminum handles, and we'll need a minimum of 25 orders to go ahead with this.

One of the options that we need to settle on is the color of the anodized aluminum handles. In addition to the standard Black and Brown (what HTM calls "Flat Natural Earth" -- it's the bottom one in the first picture), the options are: Shark Gray, Weird-Ass Yellow, Blue, and Brick Red. Please vote for your favorite in the poll at the top of this thread, or select the last option if you're fine with any (and, of course, feel free to clarify/elaborate in the comments).

Last edited by neuron; 06-07-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Well, given those options, I'll cast my vote for blue. I would have preferred hunter green, but blue would be about my speed as well.

Also, I don't see a poll.

-edit- Now I see it. Got in too fast for ya, eh?
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    -edit- Now I see it. Got in too fast for ya, eh?
    I knew some smartass was going to post while I was creating the poll.

At least this particular smartass didn't post about how he didn't see pics either. Honesty compels me to admit that I was tempted to, though.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

That yellow looks like the color of excrement. Supposedly that's actually green? I don't remember. You'll have to dig out some of my replies. I *think* Darrel said that color was actually a green. Also, keep in mind that 310 may or may not include shipping. Darrel pretty must just gave me a quick quote. It might be cheaper, but don't quote me on that. I will make sure it doesn't go over 310 + shipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    That yellow looks like the color of excrement.
    You should edit the poll, then. Move one hyphen.

"Weird Ass-Yellow."

Shark grey!

IIRC, that "yellow" is supposed to be OD Green. I don't think anyone likes it though. I'm still hoping for a hunter green, eventually.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

I also posted my desire for hunter green in the preliminary interest question part of this project...
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    IIRC, that "yellow" is supposed to be OD Green. I don't think anyone likes it though. I'm still hoping for a hunter green, eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SHOT1KILL View Post
    I also posted my desire for hunter green in the preliminary interest question part of this project...
    Yeah, green is my favorite color, so that'd be my pick if it became a handle color option in the future. But I figured for the purposes of this year's HTM forum knife, it'd be best to go with colors we know are options, not to mention ones we have photographic examples of. I wouldn't want us to order what we thought would be green handles only for them to end up being Weird-Ass Yellow™!

True story. Although once the crew gets back from Blade, I bet Hark would ask Darrel if hunter green or forest green is an option.

I seriously do NOT want the color currently known as green though.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

That blue looks really nice. If a nicer looking green came up, I could be persuaded though.

Alright, who are the two weirdos/smartasses who voted for Weird-Ass Yellow™?

I was hoping for a hunter green also, but I've been getting into brown handles lately so I picked that.

I asked Darrel about the color choices today, specifically hunter green. He pointed to a knife handle that everyone else thought was grey. I then told him what we thought of his "olive drab" which I told him looked like the color of excrement after a bad case of diarrhea. In the end, if you want a specific color, he wants a panetone color code. There you have it. If you guys want a specific shade of green/blue/whatever, find me a color code and I'll relay that back to him.

As it stands, if you want green, it's gonna be looking like a really dark grey.

This is what I got when I googled it. Maybe it will help some people:

I like PMS 286, the blue. I can see from this how the dark green will looks like really dark grey. I would be okay with PMS 334, it looks like a drab-ish green.

Interesting. The only color that isn't full of PMS is black.

Upon further research there are several thousand color codes.

Quote Originally Posted by harkamus View Post
    I asked Darrel about the color choices today, specifically hunter green. He pointed to a knife handle that everyone else thought was grey. I then told him what we thought of his "olive drab" which I told him looked like the color of excrement after a bad case of diarrhea. In the end, if you want a specific color, he wants a panetone color code. There you have it. If you guys want a specific shade of green/blue/whatever, find me a color code and I'll relay that back to him.

As it stands, if you want green, it's gonna be looking like a really dark grey.
    Dammit, the same thing happened at SHOT with Darrel insisting that anodization that absolutely everyone else saw as gray handle is actually green.

Scurvy092, thanks for finding that chart with examples of colors/color codes -- very helpful! At least for this year's Forum Gunhammer, as mentioned above, I'm still inclined to limit the choices to the ones in the original poll since we have photographic examples of them (which should help prevent the frustration of getting knives with a "green" or some other requested handle color that looks very different from how it looks in the color chart). That's definitely good to know in the future, though. Maybe sometime after Blade, we can start a thread for discussion of handle color options we'd like to see make an appearance on the HTM Gunhammers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information