Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

ADVERTISEMENT
    I just got back from Blade, and let me tell you....it's a home run for me! It feels really solid, more so than the 21...super smooth too. The finger contours are ultra comfortable. The blade profile is BOLD. I can't wait to get one. I couldn't put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmuhj View Post
    I just got back from Blade, and let me tell you....it's a home run for me! It feels really solid, more so than the 21...super smooth too. The finger contours are ultra comfortable. The blade profile is BOLD. I can't wait to get one. I couldn't put it down.
    Where are your pictures sir!

Does anyone know if we will get an Insingo? How about Micarta inlays? Questions and more questions!!!!

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Hey guys have I mentioned I want one?
    "The edge, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over" -Hunter S. Thompson
    ISEK#13

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat84 View Post
    Hey guys have I mentioned I want one?
    Hmmm...

Did anyone pick up one of these at Blade!!??

Do I smell a friendly passaround????????!!!!
    I call position #1.

I like it. Its like CRK was listening to all the critiques of the 21 and designed the 25 with them in mind.
    You have a thicker beefier blade with more belly, more aggressive jimiping, wider pivot and cutouts to improve the ergos.
    The only thing I'm a little sad they changed is removing the bushing system. To me what made the Sebenza stand out
    was the precise fit and tolerances of the bushing system. But I'm still stoked to see how the new 25 will feel. I'm guessing
    the action will now be very similar to the Umnumzann.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Addiction View Post
    Hmmm...

Did anyone pick up one of these at Blade!!??

Do I smell a friendly passaround????????!!!!
    I call position #1.
    "The edge, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over" -Hunter S. Thompson
    ISEK#13

You can buy the proto for $2500....yes, that's $2,500.00

I took quite a fe pics on my phone(new Samsung) and I have to find out how to get them off onto here

I also asked Heather about inlays, and she said Chris hasn't decided on any of that yet. Also it will be about 6 months till it hits market. It's so sweeeet!

looks good except for the extra finger cutout, personally not a fan of it at all....a little too tacticool for me. Glad that most people seem to like it though.

It also looks like the lockbar is skinnier like the Umnumzaans lock bar. Can't wait to see pics of it disassembled.
    The blade stop portion looks interesting too.

BBQ BOY - MY MAN! Homerun brother!

$100 says this takes BLADE overall this year! When will we know?
    Keep faith in God, and keep your powder dry.
    ~Oliver Cromwell

Now all they need is a new blade steel

I'm guessing that there will be a milled out part in the scales for the washers. Down side is that you wouldn't be able to just take the blade and washers out for a quick cleaning. You would have to take the whole thing apart.

I like this new Sebenza. I think some of you sound disappointed in thinking their should be a huge change. It's not a new model, but a redesign of an old model.

Wish they would have kept the bushing, 1 size Allen heads so only 1 tool is needed, and also wish Idaho Made wasn't upside down.

The blade, jimping, finger choils, thicker blade, and double lugs are a big win IMO

I'll be picking one up for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fferrell1 View Post
    BBQ BOY - MY MAN! Homerun brother!

$100 says this takes BLADE overall this year! When will we know?

Maybe but they have some serious competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Socom Elite View Post
    Maybe but they have some serious competition.
    They sure do, no doubt!!!
    ~Oliver Cromwell

Can i has one?

Maybe I am the only who who is a bit disappointment. It does look like a great knife, but it is essentially a Sebenza that has incorporated features from the Umnumzaan. Nothing really new or innovative (although I would like to see more info. on that hollow/flat grind blade). If I wanted those features, I would just get an Umnumzaan. I guess my 3.25" bladed Sebenza/Umnumzaan will have to wait. For now, it's just me and my trusty Large Regular.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmuhj View Post
    You can buy the proto for $2500....yes, that's $2,500.00

I took quite a fe pics on my phone(new Samsung) and I have to find out how to get them off onto here

I also asked Heather about inlays, and she said Chris hasn't decided on any of that yet. Also it will be about 6 months till it hits market. It's so sweeeet!

Can you imagine what it would be worth in 15 years? What a gift that would make as an inheritance! (given that they knew what they were getting!)

Thanks for the inside info bro!
    ~Oliver Cromwell

Quote Originally Posted by Spinerazor View Post
    i just don't get whats to like about the looks of this knife, sorry guys.
    +1.

It's a quality knife, no doubt. Very well built, and excellent fit-and-finish, to be sure. But it couldn't look any cheesier with those graphics. Then again, I think *all* of the computer-generated graphics on the sebenza's are really cheesy, so what do I know

I'll have to revisit again when it's released 'plain'. Still on the fence about the new handle shape.

BTW, wonder if the annuals will still be classic? Or will they become the 21?
    Last edited by Fferrell1; 06-08-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Can't spell
    ~Oliver Cromwell

Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    The more I look at it, the more I like it. HOME RUN...Mr. Reeve.
    I'm not singling you out nyefmaker, but I really don't see a "HOME RUN"

The pivot bushing is gone.(what made the Sebenza, a Sebenza IMO)

Added different sized screws.(looks asymmetrical, and multiple tools needed? how is that better?)

Changed the jimping(if something ain't broke.......)

Added a finger groove(doesn't go with the Sebenza's simplicity scheme)

This is looking more like a single, maybe a double. I like the oversized pivot and blade shape. That's about it.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information