Thread: Tobacco brown wallet question

Tobacco brown wallet question

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello,

I have had a medium bi-fold wallet in tobacco brown for the past month. I love it so much that I want to get another one, except the smaller i.d. version. My only question is that I noticed two distinct shades of tobacco brown. One is a golden yellow, almost what I would call honey. While the other one is a no-questions-asked brown wallet, which is the one I have. Is there anything that accounts for the huge discrepancy in shade? If you Google image 'Saddleback tobacco brown wallet' you'll see the two shades I am talking about.

I just didn't want to order one and be disappointed in what I get. I will be ordering from Amazon so I don't think I can contact them and ask beforehand.

Thanks

Here are some pics:

Top left is the yellow tobacco:

Hope this helps.

Tobacco Light Brown (top left)
    Carbon Black (bottom right)
    Chestnut Reddish Brown (bottom left)
    Dark Coffee Brown (top right)

Even if you don't order directly from them, email them, they are a hoot to talk to and quick to answer.

I agree with Lefty. Coffee on the right. If you go to the website you will see the difference.

Thanks for the replies but I don't think I asked my question too clearly lol. I already have a tobacco brown wallet, and I wanted another one. I just wanted to know why some tobacco brown wallets appear yellow-gold like in the pic, while other tobacco wallets are a darker brown.

If you have a dark brown wallet,its not tobacco brown.Lefty923 is spot on for Saddleback colors.What you believe to be Tobacco brown might not be the tobacco brown by Saddleback colors.

One man's tobacco brown is another man's tan. I got that color info from Saddleback's site.

The tobacco brown, honey as you call it, will darken over time.

Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    The tobacco brown, honey as you call it, will darken over time.
    +1. And in a few years, it will no longer look like the way it looks new - the age sets in, and makes it more and more and more and more dark..., and personalized. That's the beauty of tobacco brown from SBL. If you are worried, opt for any of the remaining shades - the color transition won't be noticeable so much.

Looking at the videos, it must be agreed that Dave is a friggin riot.

The tobacco wears and takes a great patina with time. Thats the whole reason i picked tobacco. Otherwise i would have went with black like most other stuff i have.

just got the tobacco brown id holder. AWESOME!

Thread Information