Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sunday Picture Show... (6-10-2012)

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by sitflyer View Post
    They do lots of damage to fish
    Salmon, taken same time as Lamprey shots, notice circular wound on ass end:

Blow up of wound:

I've never seen a Lamprey on a fish in fresh water. I believe that they only feed in this manner while in salt water. Their journey is somewhat similar to that of the salmon in that they go upstream to spawn and it is a heck of a journey so they are tough little bastages.

West of the Mississippi, South of the Missouri and North of the Meramec
    My favorite 700. Mallard shield on rosewood handle and flying mallards on blade. Special projects list says issue of 500 in year 2000 for Gart Brothers.

Great show as always, love that 110 jb, wonder what year that Slippery Rock bucklite is, I went there for a while.

Nothing new this week but since the rosie 110 with coated blade was a hot topic, here is last years similar offering 271 Dorado

[QUOTE=imafritz;10954458]Great show as always, love that 110 jb, wonder what year that Slippery Rock bucklite is, I went there for a while.

It's a 1988.
    hkingdom
    BCCI 1177
    Lifetime Member

3 Years after me-thanks h.

Quote Originally Posted by imafritz View Post
    Great show as always, love that 110 jb, wonder what year that Slippery Rock bucklite is, I went there for a while.

Nothing new this week but since the rosie 110 with coated blade was a hot topic, here is last years similar offering 271 Dorado

I'm still punchin' myself for not getting one of those! I love the Alpha Dorado and that's one handsome version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyui Su Kim View Post
    Don't know if I have shown this one before, so back up it goes. My sometimes pocket and sheath dwellers.

And also my latest dremel debacle. Tried for the scalloped bone look. Came out more as gnarled wood.

The Buck sticker was courtesy of Mr. David Martin
    Cool looking Buck knife and that Secret Squirrel Patch patch is great. Where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by jb4570 View Post
    Hi All,

Wow.....only three post's to today's SPS! The Blade Show & the spring time weather are having some effects....I guess. However, at this post there have been 124 views so far not a bad following it's 7:11AM PST. Any way last week I posted this photo.....

I asked if anyone knew what "Archive" on the label ment.There was only one guess last week and it was not correct. However, it did show there are more of this type of knife avalible if one is lucky enough to find one. The word "Archive" on the box label shows the knife is from the Buck archive's, old knives or old parts that were found and used to make new knives and put in new box's for sale. So in the case of my knife in the photo's below, is a gold etch LE/SO knife that is not currently on the list?

I went to the folks in the "know" on these topics to try to find some answers. I sent emails to Joe H and Richard M, asking if they could share some in-site as to what this knife was from and how it got into a new style box? Joe said this knife was pulled form the Buck archives, boxed & labeled as such, then sold at the Buck employee knife sale (cool, I wish I was able to be at one of their employee sales). Richard said, he would up-date the LE/SO list. But, is that up-date a correction or an addition to the list?

Any way, here is the knife. It was listed and sold on the auction sites and I missed it as I was out bid. A few weeks later the new owner re-listed the knife for more $$$$$ and I am lucky enough to have it now.

jb4570
    JB, I'm glad you got that sweet gold etch 110... If you ever see anymore of them for sale, please let me know...

I knew what the label ment on your "Archive" box... I was waiting to see if anyone else new... I have a 110 with the same Label on the box...

Thanks for sharing... ITE

KSK, nice 110s... I really like that 110 Damascus knife... You did a good job on the other one...

Haebbie, I Love the stag on that 475 you got...

Oregon, very sweet older bucklites you got there...

mqqn, sweet knives for sure...

Stumps, your welcome... I love stag knives... All 3 are sweet... Great pictures like always...

Thanks HK, for all the cool pics of your sweeeet 422s (Bucklites)... I love them all...

CC, now thats a sweet 317... Some day I hope to find one, new in the box...

Sitflyer, cool pics of your knives... I like that 506, just the way it is...

Stone Knifeworks, that 103 is really different for sure... How does it feel in your hand...

DeSky, very nice 322 Congress knives you have... I have a black one some where... I really like mine...

I hope I got everyone...

Thanks for sharing your knives with all of us here on the SPS... ITE

hkingdom, the first one you posted, green handle with camo sheath is the exact Bucklite I had as a kid. Every time I see one I get excited. I really need to track one down for myself. Great pics everyone.
    Jim
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."
    -Will Rogers

R.I.P. Sadie
    May 4,2004 - March 25,2008

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanWarrior View Post
    Cool looking Buck knife and that Secret Squirrel Patch patch is great. Where did you get it?
    I got it from Mil Spec Monkey. Got a T Shirt with it as well. My security office uses it as their logo and I always thought it was a funny joke.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyChaos View Post
    I'm still punchin' myself for not getting one of those! I love the Alpha Dorado and that's one handsome version.
    You can still get one of the fixed blades and at a bargain too. Check out the web specials page.

http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...ProductID=4015

Quote Originally Posted by Stumps View Post
    Some very nice knives this week. Can't wait to see more!!

I'm back from my 560 mile hike early because I only did 320 miles of it. I decided to finish the rest of the hike this fall.

Sorry about the quality of these cell phone pictures, but I wanted to post something here today. I've missed quite a few SPS.

These are a few knives I picked up earlier this year....a different Sambar stag 112 than I posted about five weeks ago, a 110 and a 531.

This was taken in front of some potatoes I planted just before my hike.

This one is in front of the whole garden I planted before I left.

This was a picture I took of a blooming tulip poplar on a low limb of the tree early one morning on my hike.

I have to thank ITE once again for keeping the SPS going each week.

Stumps
    Sick garden, I could hang out all day!!!
    BCCI LIFE MEMBER #2113

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." --Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by mbjannusch View Post
    Stumps
    Sick garden, I could hang out all day!!!
    Me too!! Spending a lot of the last two summers in VT has been fun for me. I was raised in FL and still live there. It's too hot down there now for very much gardening, but up here the garden is just getting a good start.
    BCCI Life Member #2245

"I've never seen a Lamprey on a fish in fresh water. I believe that they only feed in this manner while in salt water. Their journey is somewhat similar to that of the salmon in that they go upstream to spawn and it is a heck of a journey so they are tough little bastages."

Oregon,

I don't know about Lampreys in coastal areas, but they got into the Great Lakes in the mid 1800s. By the 1950s, they had just about destroyed the lake trout population in Lake Michigan.

Joe Houser should answer the "what is the "Archive 110" question" but here is my informed opinion. Joe has a room where the "Archive" knives are found/stored at Buck. Archive knives were samples (one of each or so)of special projects that Buck sampled or produced. Joe is now selling those knives that are not of historical significance. Joe and I set aside two boxes of these knives last summer after sorting through several hundred 110's. I suspect that "Archive 110" is in reference to these knives. Also included might be gold etch knives made up from spare blades in which handles have been added to complete the knife. Fyi.

Richard, Thanks for this great info. on these 110's. Your knowledge is a teasure. DM

Thanks David!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information