Thread: Blade Show Hinderer TDI's!

Blade Show Hinderer TDI's!

ADVERTISEMENT
    First and foremost: Huge thank you to Rick Hinderer and the Herd!! Everyone at the booth was friendly, patient, and helpful. It was great to have the opportunity to meet all of you!

While there, I was able to pick up two very special knives. Both of them are the TDI model, but they're unique. The first one is has the Satin blade finish (according to Rob, this is one of only two made with this finish!). And the second has a working finish (this will be my new EDC). I can hardly believe that I got one, let alone two!

Here are some pictures for you all (iPhone taken, so not the best quality):

I was also able to snag a stonewashed titanium Extreme Duty pen. And this this thing is awesome. Love it. It will replace every other pen I own.

Thanks for looking. Expect a full review of the TDI soon!

Nice score! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by beau007 View Post
    Nice score! Enjoy!
    Thanks, bud! Will do!

You're gonna come up off one them knives, son! I should've got one when I had the chance... Congrats on the buy!

I wasnt able to make it down til Friday night so I didn't get to see any of the fixed blades. Nice score.

The only thing I can imagine liking more than a new Hinderer knife - is two new Hinderer knives. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconSS View Post
    The only thing I can imagine liking more than a new Hinderer knife - is two new Hinderer knives. Congrats.
    My thoughts exactly! Thanks, Rubi. And thanks to Machined and Capbyrd. Looking forward to EDC'ing this model and reviewing it for you all.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a couple of fixed blades from Rick/Rob as well. One being a working finish TDI, the other being a blue G10 FXM. Plus, a stonewashed natural Ti scale for my 3" XM18, and an anodized Ti Extreme Duty pen. Loving every bit of it!

Man that FXM is pretty. I think thats gotta be next on my list.

Wow Chris, that is a NICE collection

Nice, Chris! I had originally went back to the Hinderer booth to pick up an FXM, but they were literally selling last one when I showed up. I got the second TDI, and I'm loving it. Congrats on your score, man!

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconSS View Post
    Wow Chris, that is a NICE collection

Thank you! And I love all of it. And as nice as all that stuff in the photo is, my most cherished thing I took home from Blade was the interaction with the Hinderer guys. I expressed some of that in the "paying it forward" thread with hhski about our experience Friday. I actually got to slip out of work yesterday and run down to the show again, just for the heck of it. Rob recognized me right as I stepped up to the booth again, and treated me as if I never left. Even if I had been unfortunate enough not to get any of the stuff in my photo, just the time spent at Rick and his crew's booth chatting and cutting up was more than worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactile sTyle View Post
    Nice, Chris! I had originally went back to the Hinderer booth to pick up an FXM, but they were literally selling last one when I showed up. I got the second TDI, and I'm loving it. Congrats on your score, man!
    Thanks! And that satin TDI you picked up looks pretty bad ass! Love that finish. Wish I had seen one of those Friday!

What steel was used for your TDI? They look like very good Pikal style knives.

I think CPM 154 for the steel. That's what was used on the ones made previously. I thought Pikal used more blade-inward fighting when the knife is being held in reverse grip? I could be wrong... But it's very comfortable in the reverse, blade-out position. It's badass either way.

That's a good choice for steel. Yes, Pikal is edge in, and it looks like maybe the grip would work edge in and that the spine might be thin enough to sharpen also. Thanks for the info.

Bump....any info on these beauties?

TC

does anyone have an extra they want to sell I just barely missed that one on the exchange due to being out with friends........

Thread Information