Thread: I want..no I NEED a gunhammer

I want..no I NEED a gunhammer

ADVERTISEMENT
    So, I became aware of HTM and the gun hammer line of knives this weekend. My older brother does a bit of custom scabbard work for the high end sword guys, and gets a couple of passes to Blade each year. I have gone with him a couple of times, and usually browse around while he talks with a few of the sword guys that are turning out super nice stuff.

Anyway, I found the HTM booth this weekend, and pretty much fell in love. I argued with myself pretty extensively about it, and finally walked away...been hating myself for that since Saturday afternoon. Anyway, I have done a bit of shopping, and it seems like most of the vendors online only offer a few of the models I saw at the show, and frankly, HTM's own website is pretty lacking.

So, is there a definitive source with pictures of the different variants out there...both the assisted and the auto? Also, at the show, there were knives with very dark green scales...I'm a fan, but can't seem to find any reference to these anywhere. Am/was I high at the show? I am pretty sure they had black, green and sand colored.

-matt

(I misspelled my username when signing up...trying to get that fixed now).

Welcome aboard man. Great question, afraid I'll be looking for answers like you, just getting into the DDR line now. Enjoy and stick around.

so look here for a start. may be of interest.
    Who's interested in a special edition 2012 DDR/HTM Forum Gunhammer?

----edit. appears i am already late there are color/steel/marking polls up check them out

Ordering direct from HTM is probably the best way to get most of the variants, particularly ones with interesting colors.

True North has a copper colored Gunny with S30V blade, Knife Center has the M390 Gun Hammer. You'll get S35V from the regular HTM offerings.

I wasn't aware of any dark green scales; the green ones that we've seen pics of have looked more gray or like fecal matter, if you ask some people. Don't suppose you got any pics?
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

No pictures, unfortunately. The lighting at Blade isn't really anything to write home about so, it is entirely possible that I was delusional about the green scales. Whatever they were...not black, and not sand colored, I sure liked them.

Your timing is perfect to get your voice heard on the polls for the forum Gunhammer. Take a look around, see if it interests you and get your hands on what will be a very rare HTM Gunhammer.

Was it maybe this color?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"Chance favours the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
    #929 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Perhaps. The man that waited on me had a name tag on which read "Dirk", and I see his name pop up in the forum here. Perhaps he can shed some light on what was actually on hand.

i really like ny new auto gun hammer with the radian blade and a stone wash finish it is absolutely beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by msttellis2 View Post
    Perhaps. The man that waited on me had a name tag on which read "Dirk", and I see his name pop up in the forum here. Perhaps he can shed some light on what was actually on hand.
    Dirk, huh? No, he is kind of a nobody

He is a designer who works with Darrel. He makes some incredible stuff.

Yep, check out some of the fixed blades and such that Dirk has created. Really cool stuff.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

Thread Information