Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: OK,it's my turn!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387

    OK,it's my turn!


    ADVERTISEMENT
    I got my much anticipated Toby's Knife along with the LRK+ today.
    I love the TK,thanks for the design Peter & for the execution John,great little knife.
    I kicked around the idea of having John make a little kitchen knife along the lines of the Victorinox Paring knives for quite awhile.
    I have a few left over from my time working on a fishing boat out of Dutch Harbour AK.(we used them for bait knives & line cutting)

    Anyho,when I saw the Toby's Knife John made for KYenglish I new I had to have one,it's close enough & of course,much nicer & should hold an edge a bit longer too. (I have to resharpen the Vics before each use)
    Thanks guys,love the TK!

    And the LRK+....couldn't pass one up at that price.
    Another great little knife from the JK shop.
    I'm going to piggyback it with my Hudson Bay.
    It just so happens it fits in the TK sheath perfect with the cord wrap on the handle,again....
    The TK won't need it as it is going to reside in the kitchen anyways.

    Here are some not so great pics.I had to throw in the one with the Kephart for size comparison.





    Thanks again John.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,239
    great set of knives myke.

  3. #3
    those are pretty awesome. i like that cord wrap on the lrk+. man i'm gonna have to cave and get a kephart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by tlovesknives View Post
    those are pretty awesome. i like that cord wrap on the lrk+. man i'm gonna have to cave and get a kephart.
    Thanks tl,I had to gut the cord so it would fit in the TK sheath,but it does the job of giving a good grip still.

    And order a Kephart,you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by mykel m; 06-25-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by TPVT View Post
    great set of knives myke.
    Thanks Todd,you can say that about any two knives John makes.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel m View Post
    Thanks Todd,you can say that about any two knives John makes.
    i'm getting a custom from him soon (and the LRK+!). can't wait.

    P.S. i really love that kephart. i ordered a bigger knife for next month. decided on the Viktim. but maaan...might have to check out the kephart.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by TPVT View Post
    i'm getting a custom from him soon (and the LRK+!). can't wait.

    P.S. i really love that kephart. i ordered a bigger knife for next month. decided on the Viktim. but maaan...might have to check out the kephart.
    John's 01 is very addicting.......
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel m View Post
    John's 01 is very addicting.......
    Like you wouldn't believe!

    Great pictures Mykel, and a really good job on the wrap for the lrk,

    Glad you like the TK, I kinda had the fishing theme in mind for it so it makes me fee really god to hear it reminds you of ones you used while working on a boat, nice handle choice as well
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives 72

    JK iris PASSSAROUND: please consider taking part

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North of Beantown
    Posts
    205
    JK's Kephart is still on my mind.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Mokena, Illinois
    Posts
    15,706
    Thanks for posting! The mail is on the ball, all the ones I shipped Saturday arrived on Monday.


    My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia.

    R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

    Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

    Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hudson, NH
    Posts
    2,867
    Man, that TK is nice....

    Glenn
    "you know the road doesn't end, when it reaches a bend..." - Poco

    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #65

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    U.P. Michigan
    Posts
    2,739
    Mykel them look like outstanding knives!I really like the paracord wrapped one. Congratulations on the new blades. I am wanting to order a knife from John.So many great makers here on BF and not enough money for me to get all of the ones I want!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by KYenglish View Post
    Like you wouldn't believe!

    Great pictures Mykel, and a really good job on the wrap for the lrk,

    Glad you like the TK, I kinda had the fishing theme in mind for it so it makes me fee really god to hear it reminds you of ones you used while working on a boat, nice handle choice as well
    Thanks Peter.
    It would be a great Bird & Trout knife.
    Mines going to be my steak knife & veggie slicer.
    I had a burger today & used it to slice some tomato,but the tomato was bigger than the TKs blade!
    That's ok though,it made it through fine with multiple cuts.
    Can't wait for Sundays pork chops.

    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry1315 View Post
    Mykel them look like outstanding knives!I really like the paracord wrapped one. Congratulations on the new blades. I am wanting to order a knife from John.So many great makers here on BF and not enough money for me to get all of the ones I want!
    Thanks Mike,but get on the list,you won't be sorry.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel m View Post
    Thanks Mike,but get on the list,you won't be sorry.


    That looks like one well cut tomato to me
    103_9572.JPG
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives 72

    JK iris PASSSAROUND: please consider taking part

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mapleton Illinois
    Posts
    7,505
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hi mykel

    Very nice collection. You have it bad, in a good way.

    best

    mqqn

    Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The wrong side of WA.
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by mqqn View Post
    Hi mykel

    Very nice collection. You have it bad, in a good way.

    best

    mqqn
    Thanks Andy,bad is good.
    Proud supporter of JK Knives # 67,and all makers of hand crafted goodness.
    May the forest be with you.

    CANCER SUCKS!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •