Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't Be Greedy

Red face Don't Be Greedy

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have seen so many pictures of the "family" of Beckers. That has me thinking. If you couldn't be greedy. You couldn't have them all or even a few. Is there just 1 that you would want over any of the others? What's the reason why? Just wondering.

My old BK-5.

The BK-9 might be the king but the BK-5 is the Goddess.

That's the most horrible thought I have had in awhile! I refuse to think of losing my preciouses!

But ONLY one? I have no idea. If I could only have two I would take the 9 and 14. But only ONE!? I dunno. Prolly the 7, or the 10. Maybe the 12 but I won't know until I use one a little more.

I think it would be hard to beat the 10 though, for a ''own one knife for everything'' scenario.

Wolf_1989...I have seen so many good reviews about the 5. That is for sure on my shopping list. I know the 2 is the gateway drug, but the 5 seems to be the most mentioned around here.

Thrill....I enjoy making people think the most evil thoughts. It's pleasing.

Dammit woman, that's like asking which of my children I would choose. *sigh*

...but if I had to choose only 1 Becker, I guess it would be the BK7. Not only was it my first Becker, I find it to be the most versatile. It can chop (see TB's recent thread), it can slice like a mutha, you can baton with it (although the swedge does a number on your baton), it can do "little knife" work pretty well, and it's pretty damn sexy to look at.

*disclaimer* The above is only the humble (and often misguided) opinion of myself. YMMV

The 5 is great....but it is TOO pretty. I have mine so nice I am afraid to beat it up. LOL

It is perhaps the most handsome of the Becker line for sure. Reminds me of what a mountain man might have carried, or a buffalo hunter.

I really don't wanna make the 5 a safe queen....but I also cringe at batoning it thru logs. Perhaps I need to make it my designated ''butcher'' knife so I can use it guilt-free. Or just quit being a nancy and go demolish some stuff with it...it's a Becker so I know it aint afraid to Do Work.

15. It is a pocket 5.

-Jared Karlin

I've been thinking that if you don't need a chopper then the 16 or 17 would be good all-round knives, but if you really need to chop then you need a 9.

But I don't have even 1 yet. Maybe if the other people weren't buying them all up I would be able to get my first one. I see a lot of demand for knives these days, and that demand keeps the used prices very high. I watch ebay looking for a 9 that I can afford and haven't found one yet, the used ones go for prices sometimes higher than what I've found new ones selling for. And actually I've been seeing this for lots of other brands, such as Spyderco and ZT. This is a really good time to be a knife manufacturer.

gotta say my 16...I use it everyday for all sorts of tasks so it would be the most day to day missed knife and therefore has to be the if i only had one choice....

on the other hand if we were talking about a poo hit the fan I gotta run to survive i would for sure say my 9....by the way I would already be wearing my 16

This is easy... with a gun to my head and one second to answer "BK9"! What makes it even easier?..... my BK9 is always "Riding Dirty" and has a BK14 in a sidecar.... navigation, fire etc.

Choppity Chop Chop!

As soon as I see the word "what" typed I blurt out BK9

Quote Originally Posted by GODSPEED! View Post
    This is easy... with a gun to my head and one second to answer "BK9"! What makes it even easier?..... my BK9 is always "Riding Dirty" and has a BK14 in a sidecar.... navigation, fire etc.

Choppity Chop Chop!

As soon as I see the word "what" typed I blurt out BK9

and they said cheaters never prosper....tell that to the guy with 2 knives when you only have 1

Blog Entries
    If I could only have just one.....I'd want that one right there.....

see it?

Damnit Nick ..lol I want that green handled monster. It just looks soo good.

I'm in the minority here. I prefer to travel light. So if I could only have one, it would have to be the 14. It can complete the same tasks as the others, it might take more effort, time and creativity but I'd rather have to try a little longer than be stuck somewhere carrying a monster like a 4 or 9.

Eskabar

Tough enough to do just about anything, and small enough to always carry.

I really like my BK2, but I use my 14 daily.
    Thats a hard one for me. As I can shave my legs with it (dont ask), I'd have to say my BK2 because of its compact size and weight.

In my garage, huffing bleach for your new etch
    Hmmm lemme think about that......

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeThinksImCrazy View Post
    If I could only have just one.....I'd want that one right there.....

see it?
    What is that green beauty you have there? Must have details!!!!

If I was forced to keep only one of my beckers it would be my Bk2.

my Necker in San Mai. it's the most unique one!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information