Thread: Just Finished Buck 110 Mod 1st one!!

Just Finished Buck 110 Mod 1st one!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have a very nice Buck 110 custom by Jerad (jarheadz28, check the Buck forums). Titanium liners, OD Green scales, and a Feather Damascus by Snake River blades. 3.4OZ!!
    I had a Buck 110 FG lying around that had a broken tip. Been meaning to send back to Buck, but haven't thought about it for a while.
    So, after looking over the Custom 110 I have, I decided to make a custom 110 FG.
    My 1st attempt at doing a Buck 110, and this is just a prototype, so it's not polished up. It's a user.
    So, I got some .048 316 SS (Marine SS, decided against TI on my 1st project), and ground down a set to the 110fg shape.
    Whoops, I said, if I am going to do this as a custom, I'll make a custom. So I shortened the frame by 5/16".
    I had reground the broken tipped blade as you can see below. Made a drop point out of the clip point.
    I shortened the lock bar and lock spring (and had to put a slight bend in the spring to get the correct tension after I shortened everything).
    Ground down the butt spacer to fit (holds the spring).
    I used 1/8" hardened pivot barrels for all bolt points. Added BLACK button head T-6 screws (will change to T-8, later. Have to wait for them to get here).
    Scales are Earth Brown/Tan/Coyote Brown G-10.
    Then put on a TI Stealth low ride clip. Drilled and tapped for black 4-40 screws. One screw is just snug against the spring as it could "roll". Holds it tight against the opposite liner.
    And here is what I have. Took the 110 FG from 7.3OZ down to 4.3OZ, with steel liners. Size somewhere between a 110 and a 112.

Original Buck 110FG

Parts cut down. Notice the Custom Buck. And look at the new lengths of everything.

Here it is mostly finished.

And all three of my Buck 110s. My "new" custom will go into my EDC rotation, tomorrow.

Still to do
    Flatten one scale. I had cut the shiny off and forgot to sand it down on a glass sheet to flatten them. One scale is OK, but, the other is slightly warped. So a sanding is in order to get it right.
    Add new Black T-8 TORX button head screws as the T-6 are faded from the constant assembling and disassembling.
    and finally, I have a black oxide thumb stud coming and will mount it.
    When all of these things are done (by the weekend), I will post a final pic.
    Last edited by robotech; 07-22-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Sweeeeet Nice Job Robert!
    Visit my Hosted Knifemaker Forum where you can see my Custom Knives and Customized Buck USA Knives
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...-Custom-Knives
    Buck Collectors Club Lifetime Member #2234
    "Like" my facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/JAGcustomknives

Open up a business, Robert!!

Thread Information