Thread: Richard J can put on an edge!!

Richard J can put on an edge!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    For those of you who haven't heard of Richard J and are in need of some sharpening or anything that pertains to sharp he is the man to see!! monday of this week I sent him a lg micarta Sebenza, Para2,Buck 119 and My sisters bf's Tops Backbite. The Seb was in need of his magic wheels the most but the others needed the touchup so I figured what the hell. Richard is just as good a guy as he is at sharpening, he called me several times before he got the knives just to talk about a few things and help me out with maintaining convex's and stuff like that, He gave me a bunch of tips that really helped. He called me as soon as he got them and was inspecting them under magnification to tell me his thoughts and a couple hours later he called again to say they're sharp and he had sent them out already Richard has also been charging the same $1 per inch as when he started( to little if you ask me) that just goes to show you its not about the $, he must enjoy helping fellow knifenuts sorry I don't have a good enough camera for pics but If your every in need of something sharpened or reground don't hesitate to give Richard an Email rje196021@gmail.com I can't say enough about his abilities and I would recommend Richard to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf90 View Post
    For those of you who haven't heard of Richard J and are in need of some sharpening or anything that pertains to sharp he is the man to see!! monday of this week I sent him a lg micarta Sebenza, Para2,Buck 119 and My sisters bf's Tops Backbite. The Seb was in need of his magic wheels the most but the others needed the touchup so I figured what the hell. Richard is just as good a guy as he is at sharpening, he called me several times before he got the knives just to talk about a few things and help me out with maintaining convex's and stuff like that, He gave me a bunch of tips that really helped. He called me as soon as he got them and was inspecting them under magnification to tell me his thoughts and a couple hours later he called again to say they're sharp and he had sent them out already Richard has also been charging the same $1 per inch as when he started( to little if you ask me) that just goes to show you its not about the $, he must enjoy helping fellow knifenuts sorry I don't have a good enough camera for pics but If your every in need of something sharpened or reground don't hesitate to give Richard an Email rje196021@gmail.com I can't say enough about his abilities and I would recommend Richard to anyone
    Where do I send my bk2 to get convexed?
    Haha
    Seriously though does he do PayPal

Richard J and no he doesn't do paypal he likes a postal money order. Give him an email and he will take good care of you !!

Plus 1000 on both the OP's points! 1st point-Richard J can do awesome edges(very cheaply too), 2nd point-More important, Richard J is a really nice guy.

I have a few that I am going to send his way soon. The cool thing is I do all the shopping (and cooking for that matter) so I'm at the grocery store at least 2x a week. Picking up a money order at the photo counter is simple. Next step is to get my garage cleaned out so I can put a paper wheel setup. Of course that will take some time so Richard J it will be for now

Town of Richmond, NY, (Livonia, according to the PO), (Honeoye, according to the school district)
    Richard J does excellent work, is a fine gentleman to talk to and puts a hair popping edge on a knife!!
    I am not "weird", just Normally Challenged!!!

As always, looking for Tequila/Red Tequila/Tequila Sunrise handled Busse's

Inducted 2013- JDieseljowl69 -AKA "Tequila Joe" dubbed by Jaxx

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman-SLAYER!!!

R.I.P. Oderus Urungus-GWAR shall reign on!

Quote Originally Posted by JDieseljoe69 View Post
    Richard J does excellent work, is a fine gentleman to talk to and puts a hair popping edge on a knife!!
    ^^ YES! Richard J is top-notch!

he has my small sebenza. he called me today and said it can cut paper again and is sharp.

I sent him cash.

He is a great guy. I also sent him cash, he's very easy to work with.

Richard does some incredicle work on a blade and he's always willing to help, always great chatting with RJ.

Richard has done nUMEROUS knives for me and a few of my Work Chefs knives. What an EDGE........HIGHLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY giving Richard a BIG "Thumbs UP"

Looks like I'm sending him my bk2 to be convexed tomorrow

Let me know how your BK2 turns out!!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    "

I'm super exited

Just got my BK14 convexed, and it is an amazing edge! Amazing skill and a nice guy to boot!

Thread Information