Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best choice for a hard use all purpose survival knife?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Yeah, they're not lined up properly! ;-)

The other nice thing about the Bushman is it's really inexpensive, so you can get that along with the best Busse/Rat/Scrap Yard knife.

Well your not running in those so your gonna need a spear.

Quote Originally Posted by FTR-14c View Post
    Well your not running in those so your gonna nead a spear.

LOL! do i need to get out my boots and take a pic so i can regain my footwear cred? I'll do it!!

^^^^LOL... had to give you a lil bit a hell for that...

But I think you've hit on a point that the OP hasn't really considered... Buy the knife! If it doesn't work for you... toss it back into the trough.

I've never LOST money on a Bussekin blade. Just hang on to it for a year or so... Use it...beat it... you can't hurt it. Quality knives and limited availability make Busse's a great deal no matter the cost.

Don't like it and want your money back quick... at worst you take a $20 loss or so. What's to lose???

I've peed out $20 in beer today...

Caution should be taken in reading posts as author is NOT young enough to know everything. Thanks.

+1 vote for the bushman. And can we get a pic of the purse that goes with those shoes?
    Jody
    NO REGRETS

WTB Puzzle Heart

Quote Originally Posted by kdstrick View Post
    ^^^^LOL... had to give you a lil bit a hell for that...

But I think you've hit on a point that the OP hasn't really considered... Buy the knife! If it doesn't work for you... toss it back into the trough.

I've never LOST money on a Bussekin blade. Just hang on to it for a year or so... Use it...beat it... you can't hurt it. Quality knives and limited availability make Busse's a great deal no matter the cost.

Don't like it and want your money back quick... at worst you take a $20 loss or so. What's to lose???

I've peed out $20 in beer today...

I have to say, i agree with this... Busse knives are usually worth more than you pay for them directly from Busse. Even after massive abuse, they still seem to get your money back

And by the way... BOOTS!!

Too late.
    Jody
    NO REGRETS

WTB Puzzle Heart

i know

but i had to try

Find a Scrapyard Regulator in full flat grind. You won't be sorry. I will try and post pics sometime.

I've got all three and I'd say the NMSFNO is the best chopper/batoner. The Sarge-7 is the best slicer. And the TGLB is the best fighter. I wouldn't have a problem with any of them though.

I agree though, never go out in the middle of nowhere without something on your belt you can jam deep into anything that requires that sort of attention.

At the trough with crosshairs on all the Mutts and Rats
    NMSFNO/SFNO too big to carry, stick with a 5 inch blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
    Please justify this statement. I carry a Condor Boomslang with me every time i'm in the woods, and it's a LOT bigger than a SFNO... in what way is it "too big to carry"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
    Sure... next thing ya know your going to tell us size doesn't matter. Motion of the ocean and what not.

Bigger is better. Always. But we all know where you stand Bravado...

Caution should be taken in reading posts as author is NOT young enough to know everything. Thanks.

Too much weight if you plan on Bugging out in an emergency Zombie apocalypse. For the weight difference I'd rather carry more water, food, ammo etc. Plus if I need a chopper I'll use an axe.

Yeah, i've never bought that argument. The extra 3-5 ounces will matter much less than the far superior general abilities of a 7-9" knife

Quote Originally Posted by BePrepared View Post
    Yeah, i've never bought that argument. The extra 3-5 ounces will matter much less than the far superior general abilities of a 7-9" knife
    This could be debated all day long but I guarantee total overall weight will be a factor if you have to hump for any extended range or time.

Perhaps, but the Bushman is kinda made for that purpose... here's mine

Edited to remove goofy shoes from picture
    Thanx for the heads up but I've got one.

Quote Originally Posted by kdstrick View Post
    Cougar and Bear would likely be slightly irritated by your knife if you used it on them. I'm thinking you might want to re-think your 'survival' situation and need for a knife with 'thrusting' capability. If you are ever reduced to a blade for self-defense from the big-furry critters, you have failed to plan properly for the environment you find yourself within.

A high-quality firearm will take care of all predators... no many how many legs they happen to have. Bipeds tend to be the bigger problem, though. Think about it...

Back to knives though... Jerry should be releasing the NMFSH soon. Jump on it!
    I've thought plenty about strategy. Bears don't respond well to firearms (50% casualty rate for people who resort to a gun). Bear spray is what I carry but...
    a capable blade seems like an obvious backup (and maybe a gun).

I have to say, i agree with this... Busse knives are usually worth more than you pay for them directly from Busse. Even after massive abuse, they still seem to get your money back

And by the way... BOOTS!!
    I'd send a pic of my UA Ridge Reaper hunting boots but I'm too lazy.

Seriously man, if you get a .44 magnum, it won't matter how the bear reacts, because he won't be doing it for long

a knife is NOT a backup... haven't you ever heard the old saying "don't bring a knife to a Bear fight"?'

Bears are notoriously susceptible to Lead Poisoning.... you just need the right delivery system

Last edited by BePrepared; 06-16-2012 at 02:19 AM.

SMATCHET!!! oops
    Jody
    NO REGRETS

WTB Puzzle Heart

Quote Originally Posted by voracious1 View Post
    SMATCHET!!! oops

Bastid!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information