Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys longboard?

Any of you guys longboard?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just got into the hobby a few months ago and really enjoy it. Just curious if anyone on here is into cruising! Its really put a hurting on my wallet though. Ive started selling knives to fund my longboard purchases

I just dropped 300 + on a new board tonight. Bought a Nelson Tempest with 86a 75mm orangatangs, paris 180's, and some risers. Should be an awesome setup for sliding, freestyle, and some lighter dowhill stuff!

Keep the responses coming guys! Its really cool to see who longboards!
    Last edited by KalEl; 06-28-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead.

Hunter Martin
    The Huntsman Knife Company

My friend just got a longboard too, he's trying to recruit us into it, claiming; "its the older mans, more dignified skateboard"

Ive seen doing it around here, if I were to get into anything like that it would be a drift trike. Those just look like a great way to really hurt yourself. And being in the avenues up here, hills are a plenty. Here are some local guys going down to the cemetary where I ride my mountain bike (the cemetary is near the base of bobsled trail) which is a GREAT trail to just get the heart a pumpin.

Just curious, for a decent setup, how much would one have to lay down for an entire board?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNrGw...1&feature=plcp

AT 2:00 minutes in the video above is the exit to the trail below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH0R6EZoGps

Anyone use a mountain board? I've been cruising gentler slopes where I live for about 10 years with one. I prefer having tires and shocks for cross-country riding.

Yeah, I love cruising on my longboard, occasionally also commuting. I don't do the fast stuff anymore (downhill).
    I own a Landyachtz Drop Carve (old version), a Landyachtz Drop Hammer and a Landyachtz Wedgeflex. All of them wonderful boards.

Have fun and ride safe, it's a great hobby!

I've been a longboard skater for many years. Bought a Sector 9 longboard back in 1994 and have been cruising town with it ever since. My 2 sons (ages 13 and 11) are just now also getting into longboarding. I just dropped $400 on getting them Sector 9's with the drop through truck mounts. VERY cool, and very nice rides. Although I still like my big surfboard!!! I just taught them how to clean and lubricate their wheel bearings yesterday! Being a Dad is really GREAT sometimes!

I board with a few friends of mine, mostly hill bombing. Its all good until youre drunk, then its amazing. Plus it hurts less when you bail!
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

Great to see some responses! I went out for a quick ride this morning. Nothing like cruising and watching the sun rise. There's something so peaceful about it.

Hunter Martin

I used to Longboard a LOT in high school but then the working world came along...

im actualy sponsered by abec 11 scs and edge board shop it might hurt your wallet but it also hurts your elbows invest in good gloves thats all i can say but once you start to compete youl have more cash for blades also edc a chep knife and a multitool when skating theyl come in handy but make sure there cheap so you dont screw them up from cutting griptape reshaping wheels etc

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

I never took the great Biscuit Whisperer to be a Land Paddler! Awesome Guyon!

Those are some nice boards. I like the graphic on the one on the right.

Endurammasing- Very, very cool. I like Orangatang Durians and Stimulus right now but I think Im going to try some Flashbacks next because they're almost half the price and I hear they slide really smoothly. Id love to see some of your boards!

Here's my baby.

Hunter Martin

I have been wanting to get an arbor blunt which I think they just continued.

It was koa wood. Need a stiff board, I am a big boy (250 lbs). Any suggestions?

Drift trike looks like a good way to die. Recognize that hill in salt lake.

The landyachtz Chinook is a freaking tank. I think that would be a great choice for a big guy.

Hunter Martin

Quote Originally Posted by bigjuice View Post
    It was koa wood. Need a stiff board, I am a big boy (250 lbs). Any suggestions?
    Soda Factory will put extra ply on a board if you request it. Their 10-ply Lampchop (middle board above) is really popular as a stiffer board.
    No website though. You have to contact them or follow their gargantuan thread over on the Silverfish forum.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Guyon (or anyone who would be kind enough to comment), you guys had me spending hours last night chasing this around on the web- could you give a little rundown on what a beginner should look for, what the different size boards are for, etc.?

If that's too large to tackle, I'm about 220 (working on getting that down a bit), not interested in tricks or extreme downhills, more about cruisin', commuting, and getting in shape. I used to rollerskate the hills in Hollywood and used a stick for braking, stability, and security (they were dangerous places in those days), so the whole idea of land paddling is just too cool to me.

TIA, Mike

used to board as a kid back inthe 70s, then got a longboard this past summer to ride with my kids; had a blast until towards the end of the summer when I bailed, landed wrong and wrenched my knee. Now I stick to bikes, which make the uphills a little easier.

Gen 27:3 Take your weapons, your quiver and your bow-and go out into the fields and hunt some wild game.

Huge respect for longboarders!

Aside from insane downhill drifting, I have seen some really good longboarders skate pools and trany like it was nothing.

securedownload by GermoneGold, on Flickr

Anyone have any experience with Kahuna Creations Hydro 44 Pro Shredder? http://www.kahunacreations.com/longb...nce/hydro.html

I would also appreciate opinions on Bamboo vs. adjustable Big Sticks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information