Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blade Magazine 2012 Knife Collaboration Of The Year®: ZT 0600

ADVERTISEMENT
    Great looking blade! Is that a steel lock bar insert i spy? Very cool man... anyone taking pre orders yet?

Great pics. Love how you captured the textures and finishes of these awesome knives...

Fantastic job with the pictures, Glenn!

Well yea, they're maybe a little better than my pics.

is the 0600 gonna be a production run or sprint??

Awesome pictures. What steel is the blade going to be made in?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen R. View Post
    is the 0600 gonna be a production run or sprint??
    1000 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy092 View Post
    1000 pieces.
    that's really unfortunate, but if ZT produces a regular production run with smooth Ti (instead of the pyramid texture) and G10 (instead of carbon fiber) id be all over it.

Hell even just a plain TI version would be nice as long as its regular production.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf5391 View Post
    that's really unfortunate, but if ZT produces a regular production run with smooth Ti (instead of the pyramid texture) and G10 (instead of carbon fiber) id be all over it.

Hell even just a plain TI version would be nice as long as its regular production.
    Can't please everyone. I'm pretty sure that 998 people will be pretty damn happy.
    I'm planning on getting 2

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W View Post
    Well yea, they're maybe a little better than my pics.
    Actually, your shots were really good, they just didn't have the benefit of hours of post.

I spent a fair bit of time at RJ's table, and it seemed like most of the people that stopped by told him that they saw the 0600 at the ZT booth and were totally blown away. Most couldn't believe it wasn't a custom.

the CF 560 is way WAY too pretty!

Really nice photos there , kneedeep. I'm going to have to get me a some speed lights and practice my micro, product pics. I've used some Alien Bees for portraits but that's about it.

As far as the 0600, it looks to me like a Grooves bigger, brute of a brother, and I really like the Groove. So once again Kai is dipping into my wallet.

Great pics as usual, Glenn. I was waiting for your pictures to say anything about the knife.....

This RJ design and the work that RJ and Jim did to get this thing production ready is nothing short of magic. I had the plaesure of handling most of the customs on RJ's table, then scurrying back over the the Kerhsaw Booth to handle the ZT a bit more... all I can say is, this is the closest a production knife has ever come to a maker's custom work I have ever seen. The attention to detail and high level of craftsmanship involved here is astounding. That back spacer is titanium, that lanyard loop is milled in, the clip is a monolithic piece with no bends (all machined!), the KVT is dialed in to perfection, the inlay of CF is seamless, the milling on the handle is beautiful and grippy, but, never harsh on your hands, the heft and balance are perfect (it is a touch on the heavy side, but, in the pocket or hand it really isn't the least bit obtrusive).........superb work by all involved.

Up till now, I wasn't really interested in ZT. Too big, and more $$ than I wanted to pay. This one, however, might be the one to make me change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralarchitect View Post
    Great pics as usual, Glenn. I was waiting for your pictures to say anything about the knife.....

This RJ design and the work that RJ and Jim did to get this thing production ready is nothing short of magic. I had the plaesure of handling most of the customs on RJ's table, then scurrying back over the the Kerhsaw Booth to handle the ZT a bit more... all I can say is, this is the closest a production knife has ever come to a maker's custom work I have ever seen. The attention to detail and high level of craftsmanship involved here is astounding. That back spacer is titanium, that lanyard loop is milled in, the clip is a monolithic piece with no bends (all machined!), the KVT is dialed in to perfection, the inlay of CF is seamless, the milling on the handle is beautiful and grippy, but, never harsh on your hands, the heft and balance are perfect (it is a touch on the heavy side, but, in the pocket or hand it really isn't the least bit obtrusive).........superb work by all involved.
    Thanks Dustin, agree 100%. Thats what I was alluding to, RJ's collectors seemed really impressed with the custom quality of the 0600.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Really nice photos there , kneedeep. I'm going to have to get me a some speed lights and practice my micro, product pics. I've used some Alien Bees for portraits but that's about it.

As far as the 0600, it looks to me like a Grooves bigger, brute of a brother, and I really like the Groove. So once again Kai is dipping into my wallet.
    Thanks Flashpoint!

Nothing wrong with using those Alien Bees, just need appropriate modifiers and a bit more working distance than my 55mm allows for. Some bigger lights would have been nice (especially for the Shun), but there wouldn't have been much room left in the booth.

I cant wait! do I dare say it looks better than the RJ customs? (I probably shouldn't have said that) It reminds me of the RJ Overkill- but with a [wonderfully] thick blade. This is a winning formula for sure. I want one. i want i want i want.

Quote Originally Posted by Burdan View Post
    I cant wait! do I dare say it looks better than the RJ customs? (I probably shouldn't have said that) It reminds me of the RJ Overkill- but with a [wonderfully] thick blade. This is a winning formula for sure. I want one. i want i want i want.
    Nope, definitely should not have said that. But I think that is incredibly high praise for a factory collaboration.

I think the 0600, while it still says RJ all over it, has a different aesthetic than RJ's customs. It is hard to compare two superlatives.

If you handle RJ's customs along with the 0600, (which I was lucky enough to do), you'll really get it. Of course you won't want to give ANY of them back!

Talk about eye candy! Wow! And thanks!

Glenn: Your pictures are stunning!!!!

I have been staring at them for some time now, just can't believe that you captured every detail, every texture with perfect clarity. Really fascinating to see!!

Thanks so much for taking your time to do this. It was great seeing you at the show-I always enjoy our conversations.

RJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information