Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Fighter Blade 2012 Best Damascus

ADVERTISEMENT
    Dave,

I am really impressed. You are already one of the makers who MOST inspires me to make knives. Seeing this knife is pure joy. The quality of the tusk, the flow of the carving and the buttcap alone are outstanding. Add to that the flow of the blade and the blade carving along with the damascus and it's one of my favorite knives I've seen.
    Not too shabby for a blacksmith.
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

Beautiful knife. I love the lines and design of it. I love how the clip of the blade flows and becomes a carving which also happens to serve as the sweep of the grind. And then the handle carving picks up the flow of the blade carving, meanwhile the carving at the integral bolster picks up the hills and grooves of the handle carving. Add to that the subtle but well accented spacer and butt cap. It's exquisite. Of all the knife photos I've seen from Blade 2012 so far, this one is my favorite.

WOW What a beautiful knife Dave! Easy to see why you won the damascus award. The handle and the butt cap just are super. And did I read correctly, you say you are going to push yourself more....can't wait to see what happens next.

Kevin

"Common sense is not common"

kevincrossknives.com

See me at BLADE, Table 8 I

This knife is alive with energy. As Peter alluded, I can capture the pattern, but not the shimmer.

And that's why owning it will bring exemplary pleasure.

Nicely done. Thanks, Dave!

Coop
    Jim Cooper - Capturing the Artistry and Significance of Handmade Knives. • Makers: Read Post 815 AND Post 891
    • 2014 Website - Below • SBC on Facebook

Dave, you are the man!

deco, meets steampunk, meets psychedelia...
    one of the best looking knives I've ever seen.

Looking again after reading how you forged the sun round from an oval.. I'm completely stunned.

Well once agin thank you all very much This knife is a special joy. it was a joy to work on it. It was joy to take it to Blade and it has been a joy to see how my friends here on bladeforums have enjoyed seeing it. Jim thank you for the great pic's
    Last edited by D lisch; 06-17-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    ABS journeyman smith
    http://www.davidlisch.com

Valparaiso, a tiny town on Florida's Panhandle coast, overlooking Boggy Bayou.
    Dave,

Thanks for a second look at this artistry.

Seeing it at Blade, and listening to you talking about it was a blast!

John
    www.johnwhiteknives.com

"Since I lost the brindle cat, the rats just walk right up and peer into the pot."

Blade Show Table 3-Q

Dave, You think way outside the box. This is a prime example. Incredible is all I can say. I wish I had seen it in person. Once again great job!!

http://www.acrichardscustomknives.com
    Avatar Scott Taylor Memorial Scholarship Knife
    Photo by Bob Glassman
    Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
    OTAC USN Retired

Email woodchuckforge@gmail.com

Boy am I glad this got posted. As Peter says this image is certainly one time that the knife is so much more than the photo and not just due to the pattern. It is a wonderful knife David. Guess what David -- I HAVE DIBS!!!!! I can hardly wait to look at this knife again once I get home. Mini Knife Show!
    http://phymurphotos.fototime.com/welcome
    Click on Knife Collection then Knives for Sale

phymur@rogers.com

HOLY CRAP! That's AWESOME Dave! Great work!

Just a superb piece, Dave! Your damascus really rocks! It should remind all that the the sky is the limit (no pun intended).

- Joe
    "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

Dave another phenomenal piece of art from your shop. You are pushing the envelope every time and I always enjoy seeing your work. Great photo, though far superior in person. Congratulations Roger, this is a real showcase piece for your excellent collection.

Jon

I see lots of influences, but still pure Lisch style and craftsmanship. Just spectacular, Dave, many congrats!
    -- Jeff

"When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished." Pike Bishop

Thank you all agin I found a pic of the first carved knife it was from the 2011 ACE show it went to my friend Jon Kleinlisch_CarvedFighter_4.jpglisch_CarvedFighter_2.jpg
    ABS journeyman smith
    http://www.davidlisch.com

Wow!!! Really lives up to the buzz. I have been hearing good things about this blade, but did not get a chance to see it at the BLADE Show. I bet that was the knife you had outside of the the JS test at Coops booth. : ) I should have asked to see what you had in the case!!

Very nice lines. Well thought out. Nice job, Dave!!

Your Killin' it man! Amazing damascus, flowing lines, well executed carving and texturing, plus it's an integral!! An absolute BEAUTY, Dave. I'm just bummed that I didn't get to see it in person and shake your hand when you got the award. Hopefully I'll be there for the next award, cause I know there will be many.
    Mike Quesenberry
    ABS Mastersmith
    www.Quesenberryknives.com

Stunning Dave, an under statement for sure! I loved your description. Roger you dog! Spectacular snag.... as it were

Absolutely my FAVORITE piece that I've seen you hammer out Dave...I`m just in love with it! Congrats on the award my friend, it's very well deserved!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information