Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Zing is it!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Bake View Post
    Definitely - I hate that I missed the Damascus Zing
    I just picked up a Damascus Zing on the Bay this morning! I'll add pictures once I get it

I think I will have to pick one up I don't like the groves in the blade but maybe they will grow on me. It's not like a man can own to many knives

Quote Originally Posted by RevDevil View Post
    I have to find the regular black, orange, and the OD versions before they are completely gone...
    Wait, there was an OD one?

Crap. I was done spending money until the Techno came out, but Kershaw snuck a few past me that I have to track down and the list just gets bigger and bigger.
    - EZB

#678 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

My black zing just came in the mail today! Real happy with it! Great flipper on it, nice lock-up and real comfortable.

Damascus Zing? Where the hell was I?

"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"
    -A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

Will be here Friday can't wait!

I picked up an orange Zing for my son, figured it would be easier for him to keep up with. I like it so much I got one for myself. The folks that didn't pick up one of these will really be missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by chester22 View Post
    I just picked up a Damascus Zing on the Bay this morning! I'll add pictures once I get it
    Haha. Sorry you had to pay more. I wanted it to but didn't want to stay up and babysit it. I have a couple tantos too so it's cool.

i was bidding on that damascus zing as well. clearly the seller does not have a lot of experience on thEbay, ending the auction at 7 AM eastern time/4 AM pacific.

Yea.. But can't complain since the last one listed sold for more then twice as much.... So waking up 4 hours early was worth it.

I dont understand why Kershaw put those rivets all over the blade... Not very appealing to me.

Well you guys went and did it - with all this Zing fanboy speak you forced me to order two Zings just now!

I just ordered an Orange Striated regular and a Black plain edge tanto I can use a couple more light weight knives for summer shorts yo go along with my two Skylines.

Do those striations work like a kullen to any degree?

I think they say the striations help slicing, it minimizes the surface area in contact with what you are slicing through. I personally like the smooth hollow ground Zing Tanto better than the regular one. The Groove Tanto striations look and work much better than the Zing or Groove recurve, for me. I don't really like tanto blades and these are the only tanto's I have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Bake View Post
    Wait, there was an OD one?

Crap. I was done spending money until the Techno came out, but Kershaw snuck a few past me that I have to track down and the list just gets bigger and bigger.
    Yep. OD green handles and a black blade.

I caved and picked up the orange version on Fleabay..

I wish however that I had bought one before this thread was started. The bidding prices mysteriously shot up after the appearance of this thread...

I have seen them go for as low as $25 new and $35 for tanto, happy hunting.

BUT I think they are worth way more. I might have to get a few extra just in case.

just got home from work... my 1 hour early birthday present to myself

It is in 100% flawless shape!

Can you hold a straight edge up to the blade and tell us if it's hollow or flat ground?

Quick delivery. Good jobs. Since u got up early you deserve it.

Its a hollow grind just like other zings just doesn't have those grooves in it..

I own the Orange and Black handle striated versions. I'm contemplating picking up at least one tanto version, hopefully before they're gone. I love this knife. It's exactly the right size, fits the hand like a glove, and has great flipper action. During a Shot Show video of the Kershaw booth, someone said the SS Zing is being made with speedsafe because it was hard to open the blade with the flipper and a wrist flick was required but I never found that to be the case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information