Thread: 6/24 Update (last post): Great Eastern Cutlery: -- Northfield & Tidioute --

6/24 Update (last post): Great Eastern Cutlery: -- Northfield & Tidioute --

ADVERTISEMENT
    - Disclaimer: I reserve the right to refuse sale blah blah blah. Please know your local laws concerning anything you may buy from me.
    - I'll Take It: These magic words will reserve the item for you. Please follow up with a private message/conversation or email to work out details. Items listed for sale may be listed on other forums. Time stamp rule is in play.
    - Payment: PAYPAL (fees are included in pricing)
    - Shipping: ConUS (and Canada if you pay any extra shipping costs). Price listed includes shipping with delivery confirmation. Insurance is extra.
    - Message or Email: for questions or to request more pictures.

My pictures don't do the Cocobolo wood justice. I can try to take more if you'd like but I'm not much of a photographer. The #56 & 57 are darker but the other three Cocobolos are a very nice red/brown color. ALL blades are 1095 Carbon Steel. I believe all blades are centered as well.

SOLD---> #73 Northfield Scout: Cocobolo handles. Original owner, brand new and un-used. With tube and certificate of authenticity (#14 of 25). Both blades are darn near impossible to open. I see people often use a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being nail breaker. Well these are probably 9.5 then. GEC will fix this for free (other than your cost to ship back to them) I paid $106... Price- $70 *Ill take pictures if someone is interested*

SOLD---> #26 Northfield Sleeveboard: Cocobolo handles...some of the best looking Cocobolo I've seen. Second owner but it's brand-new and un-used. Includes tube. Main blade is difficult to open but the secondary is fine. GEC will fix this for free (other than your cost to ship back to them) Price- $70

SOLD---> #66 Northfield Calf Roper: Cocobolo handles...great color/grain. Original owner, new and un-used. Serialized #9 of 25. All three blades open smooth. Includes tube & certificate of authenticity. Price- $90

SOLD---> #72 Tidioute Lockback Hunter: Jigged Brazilian Cherry handles. Original owner, new and un-used. Serialized #3 of 25. Opens smooth but the lock is sticky/hard to disengage. I'm not sure if this is something that will ease with time/oil, or if it would need a spa treatment from GEC. Includes tube & certificate of authenticity. Price- $65

SOLD---> #57 Northfield Geppetto Whittler: Cocobolo handles...a bit dark. Original owner, new and un-used. Serialized #10 of 25. All three blades open smooth. Includes tube & certificate of authenticity. Price- $95

WITHDRAWN---> #48 Northfield Dogleg Jack: Cocobolo handles...great color/grain. Second owner but as far as I know its new/un-used. Serialized #11 of 25. Both blades open smooth and each have half-stops. Includes tube & certificate of authenticity. Price- $70

WITHDRAWN---> #56 Northfield Weaver Jack: Cocobolo handles...a bit dark. Original owner, new and un-used. Serialized #14 of 25. All three blades open smooth. Includes tube & certificate of authenticity. Price- $95

Last edited by KeyeEl; 06-24-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Re-opened with Knife Added, Another Sold and Two Withdrawn.

I'll take the #72 Beaver Tail lockback. I'm guessing the blade steel is 1095, correct?

Jeff

Yes, sorry. All of them are 1095 carbon steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jenness View Post
    I'll take the #72 Beaver Tail lockback. I'm guessing the blade steel is 1095, correct?

Jeff
    I emailed you payment info.

I'll also point out that I'll combine shipping. Take $5 off for every for every multiple. ex: 2 knives ($5 off) 3 knives ($10 off)

Lets get these sold.

If someone were to buy the remaining five knives at $420, I'll throw in a Northfield #73 Scout in Cocobolo Serialized for $15. So you'd get the 6 knives for $435 paypal'd/shipped.

The only caveat is that the Scout is currently in the mail on its way to me from KnivesShipFree. Lists for $106.17 on their site.

Seen here:
    http://www.knivesshipfree.com/produc...oducts_id=8656

Still not convinced? In addition to the deal above, I'll throw in another #73 Scout Cocobolo, this time Tidioute. New, un-used and in tube. Small spot on spey blade. Half-stops. This for an extra $40

So 7 Cocobolo GECs (all un-used) for $475 shipped/paypal'd

Pictures of the Tidioute Scout can be seen here as "Two Blade Trapper": http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...-blade-Trapper

Not much interest so I am withdrawing/closing. If you want the 7 for $475 deal, it's good till evening on 6/19/12 but I'm no longer selling individually.

Re-opened this for an addition and a couple changes.

Added #73 Scout. Whittler was sold. #48 & #56 are withdrawn.

Up for one more look. Last chance before I mail the Scout and Sleeveboard back to GEC.

Take all three for $125 shipped ConUS. Could be a good investment on your part as you could flip-them after repair.

F.Y.I. I emailed GEC explaining the issues and they said they'd fix at no charge. You basically just pay to ship the knives to them. Here is the copy/paste from the email.

You can send them back to us and we can adjust them for you. Send them to:

Great Eastern Cutlery
    701 E. Spring Street, Unit 10
    Titusville, PA 16354
    Attn: Chris

Please include a note reminding me of the problems along with your name, address and phone number. There is no cost to you for this.

Christine Tucker
    Sales

pm sent

I'll take them for $125

Quote Originally Posted by snowreaper1 View Post
    I'll take them for $125
    They are yours!

Thread Information