Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sebenza 25... Go Figure...

ADVERTISEMENT
    Really??? You come to the CRK room to talk up a new Strider, and talk down a new CRK

I wouldn't own a Strider if it was gave to me. Do a little reading about the owners of Strider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken44 View Post
    Really??? You come to the CRK room to talk up a new Strider, and talk down a new CRK

I wouldn't own a Strider if it was gave to me. Do a little reading about the owners of Strider.
    Ditto, I hear ya. I have had 3 of em, 2 complete lemons and one I made decent, but all are gone now. I will not waste money on another. People wanna whine about CRK Customer Service, TRY Striders ( they have virtually NONE, even after multiple emails and phone calls, I NEVER got a reply ). CRK has ALWAYS done right by me, thats why today, my 69th CRK arrived ( total owned at one time or another ). Keep up the great work CRK, I can't wait to get my hands on a plain jane Sebenza 25.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    Ditto, I hear ya. I have had 3 of em, 2 complete lemons and one I made decent, but all are gone now. I will not waste money on another. People wanna whine about CRK Customer Service, TRY Striders ( they have virtually NONE, even after multiple emails and phone calls, I NEVER got a reply ). CRK has ALWAYS done right by me, thats why today, my 69th CRK arrived ( total owned at one time or another ). Keep up the great work CRK, I can't wait to get my hands on a plain jane Sebenza 25.
    Your Regular came in today? Pics? Congrats

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken44 View Post

^

Yeah, Strider....being Ex-Army, I don't care if his knives prepared your lunch for you. Anyone that is in the service or prior service shouldn't own one. Too each their own though. For me, when you get your start with lies and continue so. If he sleeps at night. That's fine. Sorry.

People may have opinions of Chris Reeve....but he has brought way more to the knife community with his index finger than M.S. ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by nyefmaker View Post
    I have had good experiences with strider. The company is not perfect but I wouldn't trade my double gunner grip SnG for anything. One of my favorite knives even amongst a solid collection of sebenzas

Who cares or wants to hear about Strider knives ? I know I don't....

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Amen.

Anyone know for a fact that the pivot bushing is being done away with. The new washer tabs might fit into the ti or a pivot assembly to insure that thy don't rotate when the blades opens & closes. I'm rambling....

I will never own anything made or designed by Mickey Ray Burger.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    Just remember, the Umnumzaan uses an over-travel disk similar to the one developed by Hinderer, and all CRK folding knives use knife pocket clips that were originally developed by Spyderco. Even the innovators, sometimes follow.
    Yes, had those instances (and several others) in mind when I wrote that some lead and others follow. That's how progress and evolution happens. I guess it's safe to assume that such Gentlemen as Chris, Sal and Rick (though the CRK o-t disk has not much to do with the Hinderer LBS) talked about such things beforehand just to make sure not to step on anyone's toes. Not so sure in this case. Anyway, it's not just the pivot bushing that makes a knife but refinement.

I think it's great that Strider Knives are seeking to improve their products, just like I applaud Mr. Reeve for doing the same. Improvement across the board only makes everyone better off. My thoughts are that after a quarter century of using the pivot bushing, Mr. Reeve knows the good&bad about it. As it appears he's deciding to move away from it, I would think he's doing that in the quest to improve his product, overall. As cool as the pivot bushing is, there's pretty much no room for error, while a more traditional pivot does allow for more micro-adjustments. I prefer CRKs over Striders(or Hinderers while we're discussing other knives, FWIW) because they offer more features I look for in a knife. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate some of the features offered on other products (would love to see Mr. Reeve remove the swedges leaving more steel at the tip for added strength), but I look at the knife as the sum of its parts, not just a single feature.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Yes, had those instances (and several others) in mind when I wrote that some lead and others follow. That's how progress and evolution happens. I guess it's safe to assume that such Gentlemen as Chris, Sal and Rick (though the CRK o-t disk has not much to do with the Hinderer LBS) talked about such things beforehand just to make sure not to step on anyone's toes. Not so sure in this case. Anyway, it's not just the pivot bushing that makes a knife but refinement.
    Actually the overtravel disk and the lockbar stabilizer are the exact same thing.
    WTB: HINDERER POND SCUM SCALE

#733 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Quote Originally Posted by Tripton View Post
    Actually the overtravel disk and the lockbar stabilizer are the exact same thing.
    Not to nitpick, but for the record I wouldn't use the word exact. The sole purpose of the CRK disk is to prevent overtravel whereas the RH disk is to prevent overtravel and prevent lockbar movement (i.e. stabilize). Consequently there are subtle design differences.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Not to nitpick, but for the record I wouldn't use the word exact. The sole purpose of the CRK disk is to prevent overtravel whereas the RH disk is to prevent overtravel and prevent lockbar movement (i.e. stabilize). Consequently there are subtle design differences.

http://www.rickhindererknives.com/ri...ar-stabilizer/

Apparently the lockbar stabilizer prevents the lockbar from rolling towards the back of the handle as well. I was unaware of that.

So, I was wrong.

My apologies.
    WTB: HINDERER POND SCUM SCALE

#733 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    This is one of the Best Quotes I have heard in years. THANKS HAZE...!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat84 View Post
    Your Regular came in today? Pics? Congrats
    Yes, got it yesterday in fact ( Wednesday ), a day earlier than USPS site said it would be here. I had to leave for work though, so pics will be coming this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by flipe8 View Post
    I think it's great that Strider Knives are seeking to improve their products, just like I applaud Mr. Reeve for doing the same. Improvement across the board only makes everyone better off. My thoughts are that after a quarter century of using the pivot bushing, Mr. Reeve knows the good&bad about it. As it appears he's deciding to move away from it, I would think he's doing that in the quest to improve his product, overall. As cool as the pivot bushing is, there's pretty much no room for error, while a more traditional pivot does allow for more micro-adjustments. I prefer CRKs over Striders(or Hinderers while we're discussing other knives, FWIW) because they offer more features I look for in a knife. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate some of the features offered on other products (would love to see Mr. Reeve remove the swedges leaving more steel at the tip for added strength), but I look at the knife as the sum of its parts, not just a single feature.
    Very true, excellent points

They seem to be good changes to me though I liked the bushing. I guess I'll find out in ^ months b/c I ordered the 25 this morning Now for the wait. I've heard Strider's CS can be a real PITA
    Last edited by jwolf90; 06-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
    "I was reading about the latest model from Strider."
    *clicks back button*

Moving on...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information