Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blast Flipper

Blast Flipper

ADVERTISEMENT
    Here's a new flipper I just finished. The blade is D2 steel, 3 7/8" long, opened is 8 7/8". I really like the way it looks but I need to make minor changes to the design before I'm completely happy with it. This one is staying with me as my new EDC. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
    -Ray Laconico

Click on this link to visit our subforum..http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...p-Vagnino-Show

Blog Entries
    That looks amazing! as do all the knives you've made that i have seen, not that i'll ever be able to afford one but i can still appreciate looking at them!

I like it a lot. I see you put your maker's mark in a different spot. I always liked it on the spine actually. That's a minor gripe though. I really like the clean lines of the thing.

Ray - stunning!

I watch with interest as your knives get snapped up quickly every time... looking forward to seeing the next version.

Amazing! I was hoping you'd post this for sale and have been checking the forum 20+ times a day...

Subtracterall, this one won't be sold. I need to make one small change to the design to make it better before I start selling them. It will be a week or two before I have one for sale.

Thanks guys.

Click on this link to visit our subforum..http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/fo...p-Vagnino-Show

What is the weight?

Weight is 5.2 oz

That looks awesome! Does it have the bearing pivot?

Great looking blade... It looks pretty slim, i bet it almost disappears in the front pocket. The scales look like they have a slight radius to them instead of being flat? What is the thickness of the blade including the scales?

Keep up the great work, I'm a fan for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by raylaconico View Post
    Subtracterall, this one won't be sold. I need to make one small change to the design to make it better before I start selling them. It will be a week or two before I have one for sale.

Thanks guys.
    Sounds good. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Matt, this particular one doesn't have bearings since it was a "draft" work in progress. The final ones will have bearings and a slightly thicker (.155" instead of .135") blade to accomodate the bearings.

dcmartin, the scales are contoured and the thickest part of the handle is around 5/8", not including the pocket clip.

Is this one of your $99 summertime specials?

I bet it's going to look great with some use. Can you post some pics when the blasted finish gets some wear?

It's going to take some time before it shows much wear but I'll post pics!

Here's the revised version with the flipper pushed back. The Flipper, index finger groove, plunge grind and edge are all pushed back with the flipper being back about 1/4" from before. What do you think?

That is so perfect.

Awesome.. PM when you are ready to sell some.

That is a sweet knife!
    **Just having some fun - Pics of my work**

Instagram: JONASIGLESIAS

#125 in RyanW's 2014 GAW!

Digging the new lines....

Rear grind line with less ricasso and the wider blade flat are going to make the blade look much sleeker. Loving the new swedge too.... Don't know how much detent pressure you have but definitely a fan of the flipper having a little fwd arc. Can't wait to see the finished product.

When and how much??!!??

Friggin smokin design!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information