Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic (all in fun). You may be awesome, but....

Off Topic (all in fun). You may be awesome, but....

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ok, let's try to keep it fun and avoid the dreaded lock.

I travel a bit and meet many people, see many things and experience a few things.
    But sometimes my fellow human instantly rubs me a bit the wrong way.

So I ask what instantly you find off putting about your fellow humans.

I will start with a few examples.

You might be an awesome person, but I find it irritating when...

...you use a tablet in public to take photos. Get that darn thing out if my line of sight! Cumbersome and silly. Really get a kick out of the people using it as a video camera. Keep in mind I'm talking about in public.

...you say the word "like" like every other like word, it's like, you know, uhm, like annoying. The phrase "you know" repeated after every few words drives me like you know crazy also.

...you stay in the left lane on the highway and fail to understand just how in my way you really are, you also run stop signs and never use turn signals, drive with your brights on all the time and just...ugh..you know...like...sheesh

There's a few, anyone else want to play?
    Last edited by Need2Know; 06-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.

- I find it irritating when someone gets irritated with me for not "loaning" them my Hinderer to pry the screw out of there tire.
    - I will not go to the Movies anymore (ever) because I find it irritating that nobody seems to be able to sit and watch a movie quietly anymore, they simply can not be without their cell phone for that long a period of time.
    - NOT this one (of course) but I find it irritating how rude and obnoxious people can be on internet forums, they say things and act in ways that they "probably" wouldn't say or do in person, I say probably because people are just plain rude these days. Maybe if folks could "lighten up" and be a little nicer - the waking hours would be a little more FUN.
    Just sayin'

This thread can be therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    This thread can be therapeutic.
    I'm on a Roll...

I find therapists irritating especially the TV ones, " Gimme 22 minutes and I'll cure a lifetime of psychological maladies" Really!?
    Even the in person ones I've met over the years (I said "met", not "met with") they talk to you with that soothing voice while they have a look on their face like they're trying to squeeze one out without making noise.
    Head tilted sideways, little nods.... irritating

People who were fortunate enough to win the Hinderer lottery at Blade only to turn around and sell their Hinderer Knife, instead of enjoying the experience of receiving it directly from Rick and the crew. Good side is they give others the chance to actually own and possibly use one of the finest knives in the world!

- Annoying when people speed, and then act as though I'm the crazy one for obeying simple traffic laws.
    It's called a speed LIMIT, not speed suggestion.

...whenever you "pass gas" in my general space and act as if nothing happened. Heck, man or woman own it! I'd rather we laugh it off together than you create a very awkward situation.

And while on the topic of smells...

...when your BO is deadly and well, come on...
    Forgiven for my hard working brothers and sisters, I'm speaking to the obvious ignorers of basic personal hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Acerazor View Post
    - Annoying when people speed, and then act as though I'm the crazy one for obeying simple traffic laws.
    It's called a speed LIMIT, not speed suggestion.
    Keep right except to pass and I have not the first bit of issue with drivers like you described.

Mason Dixon line off I-83 Tusker User Group #13
    Just because you're in the slow lane on the interstate, doesn't mean you can go 45 MPH and it won't affect anyone else. Look at the other three lanes, those people are going about 70 MPH or higher, most likely 85. Let the transit police write tickets for those going 20 MPH over the speed limit, it will be okay for you to travel over 50 MPH. If you're afraid to go on the interstate, don't go on the interstate.

Sorry, I travel 45 miles each way to go to work, and spend too much time on MD interstates.

.... during the summer months when all of the high school athletes arent in school and they choose to "workout" at the same tiny snap fitness that i do.. the more the merry but they try to lift more than they are capable of, they slam weights around, they only do half reps, they don't pick up when they are done (so you don't know when they are done with it), and they sit around and on top of things i need to use while they enjoy their "social hour" at the gym.. and thats not including them playing their "hardcore" rap b.s. so loud i can hear it over my head phones. To top it off all they are working on is their "pipes" which are greatly over-rated... i'm done now.

Keep right except to pass and I have not the first bit of issue with drivers like you described.
    It shouldnt matter. If I'm in any lane doing the speed limit, and you get behind me and give me the stink eye, I'll laugh. You can't break the law and speed while passing. You just can't. Its dangerous and aggressive. If you try and pass someone you can't go over the speed limit, that's speeding and reckless driving- very ticket worthy.

You can't break the law and speed while passing. You just can't. Its dangerous and aggressive. If you try and pass someone you can't go over the speed limit, that's speeding and reckless driving- very ticket worthy.
    Actually here in MN they passed law couple years back saying you can speed, up to 10 over, when passing. NOt that i agree with it, but true story.

It shouldnt matter. If I'm in any lane doing the speed limit, and you get behind me and give me the stink eye, I'll laugh. You can't break the law and speed while passing. You just can't. Its dangerous and aggressive. If you try and pass someone you can't go over the speed limit, that's speeding and reckless driving- very ticket worthy.
    It certainly does matter. You are not legally allowed to travel in the left lanes as you see fit, in most and boy do I wish every state, the law says (as do signs) KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
    Last edited by Need2Know; 06-22-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Link added

It certainly does matter. You are not legally allowed to travel in the left lanes as you see fit, in most and boy do I wish every state, the law says (as do signs) KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS!

Not down here in south FL. Regardless, you can't argue the fact that it's reckless and anyone who speeds puts themselves and others at risk. I just plain don't like it! The speed limits per each roadway our speeds at which given the rate of distance travel should allow enough reaction time to avoid accidents. Speeding decreases that reaction time thus, endangering everyone. I don't care what the law says, common sense should come into play and the basic rules you were taught in effin driver ED should be practiced. Defensive driving, follow the speed limit!! A life is worth more than a lead foot. There's just no excuse in my book- period!

And by no means am I directing my anger towards anyone on here as I love this community! Just venting an extreme annoyance I have with a majority of drivers. Safety first

Lets just keep it as light and fun as possible folks.

I hate it when I reach for my Hinderer extreme duty... And it's out of ink. Gotta get some more.
    ;(
    Last edited by Acerazor; 06-22-2012 at 08:12 PM.

THIS IS THE LAST I WILL SAY ON THE SUBJECT...

Laws are not subjective. You cannot say you respect speed limits but do not care about other traffic laws. It is not my place to educate anyone as it is not yours to try and teach me how to drive.
    Please keep right except to pass, as many traffic collisions occur due to the conjestion caused by driving too slowly in the passing lane.
    If everyone drove at a speed limit there would be less need for two or more lanes traveling in the same direction. And I never said I speed, just irritated by those in the way.

All respectfully written. Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

You guys eh? Driving on the wrong side of the road.

Keep left here, except when turning right or overtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytaylor View Post
    You guys eh? Driving on the wrong side of the road.

Keep left here, except when turning right or overtaking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information