Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off Topic (all in fun). You may be awesome, but....

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    Guess you must be limited in your response, you said it was the last you would say on the subject, you mentioned nothing about smilies!

Kiwi drivers........

Where do I start?

They think an indicator column is an optional extra based on the extreme lack of use of the indicator - it is a rare event to see indicating or correct indicating here. You take your life in your hands negotiating a roundabout, its like a game of Russian roulette.

They have an obsession with rear bumpers based on the pandemic tailgating.

They can not decipher those funny signs with numbers on based on the very common 30+ over the posted speed limit.

They think its their right to use the roads as a race track throughout the day and especially in the early hours of the morning and call themselves "car enthusiasts" the rest of the planet calls them boy/girls racers.

Give way rules? what give way rules?

They think its foggy EVERY night, my observations about 40% of the cars at night have the fog lights on despite it being a clear night and in a street lit area, the real geniuses only have the fog lights on.

They think its cool to replace the exhaust and silencer with a dustbin - it is seriously hard to tell the difference between a car and a low flying aircraft with the ear splitting noise, despite the laws here the police are completely inept.

I learnt to drive in UK and was truely shocked at the appalling standard of driving in NZ, been here for many years now and still amazed at it.
    I can guarantee that every journey I make by car I will see speeding, tailgating and non-indicating, often it is all from the same vehicle.

Stephen Fry was in NZ recently, when asked "What do you like least about New Zealand?" part of his response - "I have to say, after America, you're the worst drivers I've had to cope with."

I cant comment on US drivers but it's awful here.

Blog Entries
    I hate people who use tablets in public as well. It's even better when they've just got it and have no idea what they're doing. Related to the topic of driving, I hate when people brake for AIR!!! there's NOTHING in front of them slowing down, no stop sign, no light, but they just feel the need to dramatically decrease their speed wen they weren't even going fast to begin with.

Idiot tourists clogging up my roads is #1 for me. Only downside to living in myrtle beach. I am convinced at least 80% of americans don't know how to drive. Here is a picture I find funny.

Love this

I love this LIKE...Really Love this.....

You are a genius

Ok...when the person in front of you in the "10" items or less aisle has 45 items..BUT the chick doesnt think she is doing anything wrong and or she is simply illiterate and or an extremely disrespectful entitled person. I leaning towards as with lots of younger folks these days.. ENTITLED...

Instantly off putting when....

...you speak to me in a disrespectful of condescending manner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    Instantly off putting when....

...you speak to me in a disrespectful of condescending manner.
    Always makes me instantly pissed off at the person. I also hate when someone asks about the knife you're carrying (which for most of us here is usually an XM of some sort) and proceed to tell you that it is inferior to their cheap no-name brand knife of Buck, Gerber, SOG etc. because it doesn't have serrations or doesn't "look as cool" (yes, I've gotten this before).

Ok, with the above in mind.

...when you act as if yours is the only opinion that counts and no matter how wrong you may be, will not see you are mistaken.

...you honestly believe you are correct on a topic when, in fact, you are not. But even when presented with evidence proving you mistaken, you are steadfast in your wrongness.

...you hear me, but do not listen to me.

...you take things I or anyone says as irrefutable truth without doing a little truth seeking on your own to truly learn and understand what is and is not true.

Blog Entries
    Totally agree with all of that as well N2K. Every time I come across an individual who does any of those things, I try my best to shrug it off otherwise I'd probably saying something I shouldn't.

I agree with the over use of the word " like". You see alot of that from the teen crowd.
    They'll learn... at least I hope.
    Last edited by Acerazor; 06-24-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Oopsie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information