Thread: Happy Fathers Day-Man do I love this knife!!!!

Happy Fathers Day-Man do I love this knife!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    Howdy all,

The big brown truck stopped by the house yesterday to deliver a belated assortment of Fathers Day gifts

I have coveted the 847 Vantage Force Pro since it came out and have tried to get one through the Prosite ever since. Due to circumstances, when I had the cash, they were out of stock and when they had them available, I was broke

Well God has finally smiled upon me and to my great pleasure, an 847 plain edge blade now resides in my house.

I cant say enough about this knife. The liner and the liner lock are noticably beefier than the 347 Pro, the black/blue cotoured G-10 scales are far superior in grip to the smooth G-10 of the 347. It locks up like a jaw after tetanus and the black oxide coated blade is sweet(though the titanium oxide blade of the 271 Alpha Dorado is better).

There is a thread from earlier in the year questioning the edc-abiltiy of the Vantage Force Pro... I can tell you that I will explore that question with this beauty in my pocket almost exclusively over the next 6 months to a year and I feel confident that it will not fail to impress me.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by imafritz; 06-22-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Last edited by imafritz; 06-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Fritz, looks like you had a Great Father's day... Let us know how that Vantage Force Pro works out for you... ITE ...

Very nice Kev, I'm glad that you finally got one. I'm also glad that you got the Pro and not the Avid. In my opinion, the aluminum scales on the Avid are just WAY too agressive. I took mine off and use them to rasp the hooves on my Arab mare.

Good looking knife,check out that bevel!!

Happy Father's Day to all the Buck Dads. DM

Will do Armand. Thanks Tom and DM.

I definately took that into consderation Dave. I like G-10 alot and the blue/black offset really apealled to me.

Thread Information